“It was great till some of my clothes got stolen : (”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Beachcomber Motel

Beachcomber Motel
Ranked #41 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“It was great till some of my clothes got stolen : (”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We thought it was a great place , great location, for a great price. Stayed one night went out for breakfast only to find once we returned 3 pieces of brand new clothing had been stolen! When questioning the owner he totally backed the cleaning women siding with her and did nothing to replace my items! I was very upset! I had bought the clothes purposely for this trip! Now I am unable to find them to replace them. Just very upsetting! Here nor there its the trust that was broken. We left that day and ended up at a very nice trust worthy hotel on the boardwalk for the same price! Had the vacation of a life time! So I guess the did us a favor! I'm still upset when I think of someone violating our trust!

Room Tip: Loved the view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lisa m

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Smithsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a great trip as my family and I come down 6 months out of the year. The price was just right and the staff was extremely helpful. I went down with my husband and my kids. The room was very roomy. It was better than I expected. I thought were comfy but I hoping for a bigger kitchenette. They do provide dishes and pans and they do provide a coffee maker but NO COFEE to make. Also do not forget to bring your own toiletries. There is no shampoo/condition or lotions. The bathroom was a bit small but the shower worked EXCELLENT. The water never got cold. All in all, we had a great time and the price you can't beat this place. It was only a hop, skip and a jump to the beach as it is on the beach side. By the way, we stayed a whole week and the kids loved it. Being on a higher floor, you can see the bay from your balcony and the ocean from the front door. Very quiet rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 406 and you had a great view of the bay from your balcony. Once you walked your fr...
1 Thank Alex R
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

A wonderful little known motel, friendly and helpful staff, clean spacious room with one king and one full or queen bed. A very short easy walk to the beach (no streets to cross, walk is no longer than many oceanfront hotels). No frills and who needs them. When you go to the beach you want to go to the beach! Rooms are spacious enough not to feel cramped if you are in the room for a while. Beds were comfortable and I heard no noise whatsoever! Nice little kitchenette with stove, sink, fridge, microwave. Parking was plentiful and many spots are under roof, so no hot sun on the car. Nice little pool if you want to take a dip. Close to everything. Hate to give them too good a review because they will probably be booked up when I want to go there next - but they deserve the rating!

Room Tip: All the rooms are non-smoking and I don't think there is a bad room.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights with 2 adults and 5 children(17, 12, 5, 3, 1). The room was clean and very spacious with kitchenette including a 2 burner stove. They offer 1 king and 1 double/queen and we had a cot that seemed to be the size of a twin bed ( it fit my 3 and 5 year old sons) and the room had plenty of room for a pak n play for our baby. At first I had concerns with the tiny bathroom but it worked out very well during our stay. The private balcony overlooked Coastal Hwy and noise was no issue. Kids enjoyed pool and using the hose to spray off the sand from the beach. Very short walk to the ocean and waking distance to stores for beer, wine, food, coffee and toiletries as well as mini golf. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff were phenomenal and extraordinary!! I would definitely stay here again, price was extremely reasonable!

1 Thank Stacy Z
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

A group of 4 stayed at the motel for a girls weekend. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Our room had 1 king bed and 1 queen. There is a bus stop across the street and outside the motel for daily use of the bus $3 for the day or $1 each way (24/7). We did not move our car the entire trip. There is a dunkin donuts and a nice restaurant - BJs on the water which is within walking distance. The beach is located behind the motel the boardwalk is not within walking distance but the bus will take you there. We did not use the pool due to the weather. The balcony is a great size we all sat out there at one time. The bathroom on the other had is very small. We bought food with us and the refrigerator was a good size to store our food and drinks. The owners are very helpful. Unfortunately Lovella the housekeeper was not friendly. Across from fire department - noise is loud when sliding glass door open but not during night time. The tv is small but we did not go there to watch tv. We definitely plan to return to OC and will stay at the Beachcomber, the price was great and spacious enough for all 4 of us.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank quicheinnj
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Like most, this place seemed too good to be true but I have to agree that this is a great find in OCMD! Modern and fancy it is not, but it is a beach hotel. Being closest to the NJ beaches, I have stayed in way worse places for a great deal more per night. First off, the hotel is very clean! It is impossible to not drag sand all over every day when we returned (although we tried!) and the cleaning crew did a wonderful job cleaning it all up. Anything we asked for (extra towels, etc.) was accommodated. The pool and the area around it was very clean. The water was very warm compared to the icy ocean so that was a fantastic alternative! The bus stops are within a half block on either side and being located on 75th was right in the middle of the action. Getting to the other ends was just a quick bus ride away. The beach was about a 2 minute walk (if that!), crossing no streets.

There is a stove and microwave in each unit; we did not use them however they did provide pots, pans, utensils, etc. The elevator was fast and clean. Each room has a nice balcony as well. Each room has a double and a king bed which would be great for those with families. We honestly could not have asked for more in this hotel and we will absolutely go back!

Room Tip: We had room 506 and this had a clear shot of ocean from the front door, which was nice. It was secon...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin G
Camden, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Traveled over 4th of July weekend. Stayed with wife and two children. Hotel rooms were a good size to stretch out. Short walk to beach. Hotel staff friendly. Value is great if willing to trade amenities such as flat screen tvs for price. No issues. Will come back. Short drive to boardwalk.

Room Tip: 4th and 5th floor give good views of Bay from Balcony.
1 Thank ellisoncason