“Would never stay again. Roaches and ants. And they would not do anything about it”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Admiral Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Admiral Motel
Ranked #90 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Roaches and ants 1st floor. Pool side. They would not do anything about it either. Would never stay there again. They were so rude about it. And for the roaches to come out in light meens they are infested really bad. The rooms were also so dirtyyour feet were black after a shower and walking into the room. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank dshoop219

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2013

the first night i got there i got bit up by bugs and then had to boom the place so that I could stay n the nasty place. the second day we had baby birds falling from the fireplace and called and complained then basically did nothing at all. They don't clean the apartments well at all and dont think you will have a clean kitchen floor cause it's not happening. Will never stay at the place again. The owner manager is a jerk and won't do nothing for you.

Room Tip: Nasty place to stay!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank inez L

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 October 2012

me and my senior friends stayed at the admiral last summer and thought it was going to be awful after reading the reviews. But the place has nice and super laid back staff that cleaned almost everyday. Its in a great location and was a blast. I will say that our roof rained a little bit when it rained though.

Room Tip: top floor is the best fir privacy
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank nick j
Uniontown, Pa
Reviewed 25 August 2012

While staying at the Admiral Motel in Ocean City was definently a nightmare. The room was very dingy and dirty, no door handle on the bathroom door, the bathroom window did not close all the way, the bathroom sink leaked all over the floor and the commode only flushed every hour also ants all in the room. Will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kimberlyUniontown
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This motel was horrible! We walked into room and as soon as we walked in we were sick to our stomachs! It was filthy, holes all through the walls, urine on the sink, and ants everywhere!!!!! The refrigerator was corroded to the floor also. We went to the front desk and told them why we weren't staying and the boy looked at the other guy and asked if they had anymore ant spray and the guy responded "we used it all on the other rooms." I seen there receipt book on desk and they had three other rooms additional to mine where they wrote "ANTS." So they know they are infested but still book their disgusting rooms! We asked for our money back and they said they wouldn't give us that night back even though we had only been there for 15 mins. So needless to say if you want a disease or to be eaten alive by ants then stay here...if not then don't! We didn't! I don't know how they can't be shut down with all the filth, urine and ants everywhere!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Bloomsburg, PA
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Oh dear God, where do I start? My fiance and I stayed in a very nice hotel for the entire week before coming here. We wanted an extra night on the weekend in order to go out. Every where was either booked or so so expensive (and after paying a lot to stay the week, we didn't want to spend much more) but I would have payed another hundred dollars on top of the 130 we already paid instead of staying here. We are younger (20's) and I didn't think I would mind that much staying in a less nice place. I honestly felt scared for my life after seeing some of the people staying in this hotel. I always triple checked our hotel room door to make sure it was locked. Now on to the room...

The second I walked in I began laughing hysterically because I didn't imagine the room could possibly be thatt bad. The ceiling was splattered all over with what looked like dried blood. Our TV I think was from 1980 and glowed bright green on every TV station. Our A/C unit did work, but it also looked like it was from 1980. The bed, to my surprise, was clean and there were no stains on the sheets. The bathroom blind was broken and pieces were jagging out randomly and it wouldn't go up or down. Being a small girl, I probably would have barely fit into the stand up shower. It was a very small square built into the wall. Thankfully we had already showered that day at our other hotel, so we never had to use it. The toilet was almost on the ground so to sit down on it I felt like I was falling over. The carpet was stained here and there and I never unpacked anything and kept our bags on the dresser. The room above us was awake and screaming/pounding on the floors and walls until at least 3:30am. We were thankfully out and up that late but I would have been infuriated had I wanted to go to bed sooner. It was definitely an experience which I will never be repeating again. Thank got it was only one night. Please just spend the extra money and go else where. We should have.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xBre2007x
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The ceiling collapsed in the first room they tried to give us, the second room had used feminine pads, soiled sheets and food all over the room. We told them we would not be staying and they assured us my credit card would not be charged. Not only did they charge my card after I left, but went ahead and charged my card four times. Currently in the process of filing a fraud claim with my credit card company.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family