“Decent lobby/ office belies the awful rooms”
Review of The Admiral Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Admiral Motel
Ranked #95 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Chadds Ford, Pa.
“Decent lobby/ office belies the awful rooms”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My daughter found this place for she and a friend online and the price was right, so she booked the room. I was paying for the room as a birthday gift, so my job was to drive them there, pay for the room and leave. I know that it is senior week and things are hectic but I had a really uneasy feeling leaving them there. The location is great, the parking lot is very cramped and one way in/ out through an alley behind the hotel, the office looked clean and the staff was fine checking us in. Once I checked them in, we made our way to their room, poolside. There was trash littering the walkway and the room was reeking of stale cigarette smoke. Although the room looked clean, it was tiny and old with lots of stains, cracks, etc... I certainly hope they don't see any of the bugs/ roaches that some of the other travelers wrote about! I see now why the room rate was not that expensive. They need a visit from the host of Hotel Impossible now!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First room had ants all over the mini fridge, blood on sheets, and an inscent burnt on the sink (obviously showing the room was not cleaned) we complained and moved us to a new room. The second room had hair and paper in the tub drain, as well as mud on the bathroom floor. And to top it all off as we are getting ready to go to bed, we see a bed bug on the bed!
We immediately call the front desk who sends security to verify the bug. He verified, so we went to the front desk to get our money back. The front desk service was awful! He was very rude and refused to give me the managers name. Their only solution was for us to sleep there and the manager would be in there at 9. This has to be the absolute worse hotel by far that I've stayed in!! I'm very surprised that they have passed health and safety regulations set up for hotels!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kendramichelle

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I do not normally write reviews but felt like I needed to. We arrived and the front desk said they weren't expecting us. (They said they did not get the notification from the site even though we booked it a month ago?) He said that b/c of that, we might want to make sure our room looks ok b/c it might not be perfectly clean. We did not have time to do this but should have. After the beach, we noticed the bathroom was dirty, the towels did not match and there were various ants in the shower- dead and alive. They said that there is no night cleaning staff and gave us the option to switch rooms which we appreciated but we had already gotten settled and had to go at that point. The room really should have been figured out and cleaned out beforehand. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laciephillips27
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had to spend one night here and it was absolutely disguising. First the shower head barely worked, it sprinkled out either scalding hot or freezing cold water. The best sheets had little grits of sand over them so we decided we would sleep in the tent on the floor that we camped out in the night before. We were covered with bug bites when we woke up! it was just plain filthy!

Room Tip: BOOK IN ADVANCE! we had to book this the day of because of rain, which they charged way too much for...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lindseym15
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've stayed many times here over the years. I stay poolside. One block from the beach! Clean rooms. Great service. Never had an issue. Fridge and microwave included large bathroom and a heated pool! I will be returning again next year!

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Md317537
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed at the Admiral motel a few years back, we were very happy with it! No complaints. My sister came in from Chicago and we planned a unexpected trip to Ocean City with her 2 teenage boys. She didn't have a clue where to stay. I remembered the Admiral. We read the reviews and they weren't very impressive but we took a chance. We were very pleased with our stay! The room and sheets were clean. No bugs! Only complaint was the bathroom was a little rough and outdated.The staff was very friendly. It is so close to the beach and everything else.We would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank prweller
Lewistown,Pa
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The first day we got there we had to go to the front desk 3 times asking for toilet paper, towels and wash cloths. Our room's carpet was so filthy we had to keep our shoes on when we walked in the room. The bathroom was disgusting....we showered with our flip flops on our feet! Our bed spreads had stains all over them and there were ants and flies in our room. If we had the money we would've checked out and went somewhere else. Horrible experience...will never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family