“No frills and no hot water”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Booked a bayfront king room for Fri,Sat and Sun night on St. Patrick's Day weekend.The room was small but clean with a great mattress and a great view overlooking the bay and the Rt 90 bridge. Rooms across the hall overlooking the parking lot and rooms in the main building are much bigger.This room has one chair -no table in the room. Your computer will have to stay in your lap. Saturday morning we had no hot water in the shower. The water was luke warm and intermittently switched to ice cold. I thought the system might be overtaxed because the place seemed to be completely booked with guests. We left for the day and I hoped it would be better the next morning so I didn't complain. Sunday morning it was worse so I went to the front desk where the woman on duty told me other guests had already complained and the problem was already fixed. That wasn't true because we still didn't have hot water so I asked to change rooms. She told me I would have to wait until people checked out and rooms were cleaned so I agreed to come back at 2PM to get another room. I didn't get back til 4 PM and another woman was on duty who knew nothing about my situation but changed our room. I checked the shower again in the old room and it still wasn't working but the shower in the new room had red hot water . The new room was identical except the bed had a mattress with worn out springs. If they send you to the 4th floor for a bayfront king room, tell them you want the bed from room 438 and the hot water from room 434. Pros - Reasonable rates,centrally located,good breakfasts in the cafe.

Room Tip: Bayfront king rooms are very small, have no table, no sofa.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Recently had a weekend stay at the Sea Bay Hotel. Was pleasantly suprised at the size of the room. All the staff we came in contact with were terrific! From the moment we walked in they made us feel comfortable. I would definately consider staying there again. Unfortunately we did not try the cafe. The only thing I missed was an ocean view.

Room Tip: easy to find, convenient location
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. One block from the beach. Good coffee shop for breakfast with nice wait staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick21234
Reviewed 26 February 2012

If you're looking for an inexpensive, centally located hotel, this is a great spot. Wi Fi in room. Staff were attentive, restaurant adjacent open in winter, and easy in and out access. Great stay for the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Slainte2
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This was not only my first visit to OC and staying so close to the beach but my first stay at this hotel. I wasn't to excited about it after looking at the pics on-line but after checking in we were very pleased. The location was great, you are located right on a great strip where there are several restaurants, shops, bars, and everything you need. You are also a short walk across the street from the beach which is perfect for parking. The parking lot was a negative it was very small on the side and we often had to park on the street which was annoying since all the signs say no parking. The grounds were clean and bright however again if entering from the side trying to get your luggage cart up the ramp is a nightmare. The corners are to small and it took 2 staff members and myself to get it up the ramp. The lobby is nice and big its loaded with attraction info which is great. The staff was pleasant and friendly also very helpful. After checking in they gave all the children a free shovel and pale set which they absolutely loved. The room was great, clean and the bed was comfortably. We had a balcony which we enjoyed and the bathroom and mini kitchen area was clean and nice. The restaurant at the hotel proved to be our favorite. great prices and good food. The kids loved the pool and out side area all though i wish there were more area with shade or umbrellas while sitting down but overall it was ok. Me and my family were very pleased and will deff stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank tdoug12
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Were there for one night in early October. On the 4th floor with a small balcony overlooking a side parking lot and the main drag. We were about 1 block to the ocean so it's convenient, but not expensive.

The room was clean, quiet and on the whole very nice.

The staff was very professional and helpful.

Overall this hotel is a good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rlewan
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I imagine this place is a good deal anytime but it seemed especially so in early October. I went for the cheapest room available which meant the lowest floor in the building furthest from the ocean beach on the side away from the bay. But even this room had a little balcony from which the ocean could be glimpsed between other buildings and the beach was a short walk away. The room itself was nicely equipped, clean, and comfortable.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo