1) This is NOT a family friendly place. Groups of teens - younger 20 year olds descended on this hotel, unloading cases upon cases of beer and funnels and carrying into hotel. It turned into party central. People coming back at 2:30 am and screaming, not fun.
2) Wifi is HORRIBLE, so very slow.
3) The pool is tiny for a hotel of this size, the pool in the west building is so small, it's almost comical. The above-mentioned younger crew were drinking around the pool (not what I want to expose my children to)
4) This may be a non-smoking hotel but people smoke so much on the balconies that we could not open our door or sit outside. Plus, many smokers were lighting up around the pool. As a parent with asthma, with asthmatic kids, this is totally unacceptable.
5) Sea Bay Cafe is nice and has great service.
6) Most of the staff at this hotel are nice and friendly but if it's overrun with partying young kids, this is not where I want to be with my family.
7) The room we had was a decent size but have to say the mattresses were pretty uncomfortable.
8) The carpet is downright disgusting in the room, it feels like it needs a very good cleaning.
9) On many occasions when I approached the front desk, no one was out front, they were in the office and it was hard for them to see customers at the desk.
10) We did get a good deal but I would rather pay $20-30 more per night to not deal with the party crowd.
Bottom line, if you're a young 20 year old, this is the place for you but I would look elsewhere before I brought my kids back to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Bay Hotel is conveniently located in midtown Ocean City, MD. We are close to many area attractions, only one mile from the convention center, two miles from the boardwalk, within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife entertainment, and just one block from the beach. Two buildings, the East and West, make up the hotel property complex. We offer spacious rooms all equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, and balcony. Bayfront rooms are available! Hotel amenities include two outdoor pools, meeting room, business center, laundry facilities, a small market, and free Wi-Fi. There is plenty of parking (one space per room) and additional public parking is permitted on 60th and 61st Streets adjacent to the hotel. We also have an on-site restaurant, the Sea Bay Café, open daily for breakfast, lunch, & lite fare (in season). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sea Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Bay Ocean City
- Hotel Sea Bay