“Less than average!!!”
Review of Sea Bay Hotel

Sea Bay Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We just stayed at the Seabay last week and soon realized that it was a mismanaged hotel. One evening we walked out of the room tried to get back in, but the key did not work. When my wife who is 5 months pregnant with twins and I tried to get a new key made at the front desk. The so called manager Holly was working and had informed us that we could not go back to our room! Our cell phones and everything were in the room and she told us that our names weren't registered. There was a man who came up to me and pulled his shirt up to show me his cool badge!! He than insinuated that my wife and I were freeloading in someone else's room!! Funny I paid CASH at the front desk where you would register. The so called security gaurd doesn't even have the power to watch a paying customer go to the room to get the receipt showing that we are who we are. Needless to say after 45 minutes, and my pregnant wife who was stressed over the whole thing and I were allowed back into our room!! I tried to contact the General Manager and still have yet to hear from him. I am in the hotel industry and I would never recommend the seabay to anyone!! The lights in the room don't work, the balcony door comes off track everyother time you go to use it!! I even tried to give the General Manager a week to respond back and try to make things right, I guess he is so busy overseeing two properties wow you deserve the dillegence award and maybe an award for most dated hotel on bayside!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank claycraftsman
jiminoc, Owner at Sea Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2009

The young couple (male&female) came to the front desk at 10:45PM asking for a room key.Neither of them could produce Identification. Front Desk Staff (FDS) also noted that neither of thier names was on the reservation or "more names" list. At check in we always ask the guest to list all the names of the people staying in the room. They told us that the "registered guest" did not have her cell phone with her. We told her we needed some kind of verbal or written confirmation from the registerd guest to allow them in the room. They became quite angry. We called our security to the front desk, who is a MD State Police officer working for us part time. He is a professional, and not a "rent a cop". When the couple became irrate the security officer asked them to sit and wait for the registered guest to return. At 11:15PM we were able to talk with the registered guest and they told us it was ok to let them in the room. Our FDS was only following security procedures for the protection and benefit of all our guests.

Our Gen Mngr made a special trip to the Hotel at 1:30 AM to meet with and talk with the registered guest about the incident.

We live in a Resort Town and do follow strict security procedures. Unfortunately, sometimes our policies can cause inconveniences when registered guests allow "unregisterd guests" to stay in their room.

Reviewed 31 July 2009

I love going to O.C. Md. with my kids. However I can't always afford the stay at a hotel/motel. I found the Sea Bay Hotel and checked the reviews, so I went for it. I am glad that I did. It was a great price, very affordable for the time of year. The rooms are clean, the staff is great and location is good. It is not in the middle of everything, but close enough. I stayed with my 7 year old son and 14 year old daughter who took a friend. We did have a problem with partying neighbors the first nite, but it was taken care of right away. The staff told me they do not have a tolerance for that. The staff was also very friendly, always asking how we where and if everyhing was ok. I enjoyed my stay that much that I will go back again. This is the first that I have ever taken the time to write a review about any place I have stayed. That should say something. FYI: Hall's is a great resteraunt next to the hotel, but very expencive. Try Ember's, it is more food for less money. I make sure we eat there every time we go to O.C.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank jessi5
Reviewed 6 July 2009

While I usually like better hotels, this one was okay. We had booked in another hotel that was disgusting so this was a step up for us. The room was clean though the ceiling panels in the bathroom was rusty. The bed was okay - not the most comfortable but not the worst. However, it is a big room and we had alot of space for the two kids including the pack and play for my little one. They still had alot of room to run. The staff was nice. We had a newer TV in our room though the other room we looked at did not. The other room had newer microwave and refrigerator while our room had a really old microwave and refrigerator but both worked fine. The Best Western was more modern (they are next to each other almost) but had no pool so we opted for the Sea Bay as it had a small pool. Ironically, we never used the pool. The restaurant attached to it is good for breakfast - there are menus at the front desk that give you 50% off the second entree.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank mariabriarcliff
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stayed in the bayfront king room. The room was a little small, but very clean. I think the main building (A) was probably a little nicer (the lobby looked nicer inside). I was diappointed to find out that the room did not have a safe in it. This hotel is very convenient because it is in walking distance to many bars and restaurants. We stayed here because we wanted to be close to Fager's Island (which is on the same street). The hotel has plenty of off street parking in case you want to have guests over to hang out. Coach's Corner Diner was convenient and good for breakfast. I would stay here again, but maybe not pay $200 for a Fri or Sat. like we did!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kgirl1980
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Everyone was friendly and always had smiles on their faces!!!! It was also nice that they gave our 2 small children sand buckets and beach balls. Had a nice relaxing stay, and will go back anytime!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank pooh2268
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We stayed at Sea Bay for 3 nights. The pools were lovely and the staff was very friendly and always willing to help. The exterior of the hotel was very well kept and the room we had was small, but clean.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank june321
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Had a great time. Located walking distance from one of the best Bars in O.C. The rooms are always clean, and the staff is super accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends