“Don't let the bad reviews fool you”

Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Don't let the bad reviews fool you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I'm a bit of a hotel snob... well maybe not SNOB.. but I am very finicky about the places I stay. After reading the reviews, I was a little weary about booking..but I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the young lady who answered the phone (Stacie), she was honest about all questions I asked. The hotel is GREAT for the price. My room (5th floor Bay View) was clean, the view was great (no foggy windows like someone reviewed), and with three 16 year old girls, there was enough room for us all. The location was great, not on the boardwalk- but a 3 minute walk across Coastal Hwy to the beach & the staff was more than accommodating, friendly and knowledgeable. My ONLY negative is that there was no breakfast...but in saying that.. there are a fridge and microwave in the room, so cereal and milk is an option, and the Rite Aid is next door.

Room Tip: pay the extra $10/pm for a Bay View... it is amazing!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank love2travel0801

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I, along with his brother and wife stayed here recently and we thrilled with the place. The rooms were clean, spacious and quite nicely decorated. We found the location to be perfect since, none of us wanted to be on the boardwalk and around all that noise. We watched many spectacular bay sunsets from the little patio off the pool in the loungers. The four of us decided that when we come back to OC we will stay there again. They staff was efficient, friendly and extremely helpful, as well as accomodating. The quick jaunt to the beach was perfect. Thank you all so much for providing us with such an incredible stay!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a Bay View!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrsT1020
South Mountain, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We seldom visit Ocean City "in season" but we needed to make a quick trip down and this was best price we could get anywhere using our Choice Hotels card.

The front desk and staff -- Great folks! Friendly, helpful, efficient. Excellent first impression.

The room -- Not so pleasing. A few pluses:
The table lamps all had electrical outlets in the bases. I've never seen this before and consider it to be a great addition to any hotel room where there are never enough receptacles.
Ample storage space for clothes.
Fitted sheets.

The negatives:
Ground floor room 101 had a very uneven floor (assume it was concrete under the carpet). This could be very disorienting to someone with balance problems.
Wall switches and receptacles were crooked, just sloppy workmanship.
AC was either freezing or too warm. Room stayed humid the entire time, making sleeping very difficult. You were either cold and damp or warm and damp.
Pillows were very uncomfortable. I would rather have had just two decent pillows than the five awful pillows provided.
View of the bay was obstructed by the cloudy window. Had the potential to be a nice view.
Door to the outside that was used by staff was right outside our room and was constantly being slammed during the afternoon.
The mattress on the bed did not reach as far was the headboard. There was hair and other things below the headboard. A good cleaning is needed and the mattress needs to be lifted and moved back into the proper location.

Pool--
There were a lot of people in the pool when we took a look at it. The water looked brownish and unappealing. On a positive note, there was an employee in the pool area, which is something I haven't seen very often. We did not use the pool.

Dining --
Continental breakfast is NOT available here. However, there is a Denny's attached. Prices there are very reasonable, especially for a resort area.

Access to beach and local restaurants and shops --
The walk to beach was not too long but you do have to cross the main highway. There were quite a few restaurants within easy walking distance. The Gold Coast Mall is right next to the Comfort Inn and includes a movie theater.

Would we stay here again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjajsmom
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. I have visited this hotel before and I was not happy with my stay but I had heard that the hotel had been remolded. I will say that the new furniture and new decor is a nice touch but you MUST do more regarding cleanliness. This has the potential to be a jewle in the crown of the OC hotel strip. You have a nice staff, a great location with beach across the street, stores, a movie theater, a Denny's but for me all of these perks become a non issue if the room is filthy. As soon as we arrived we had to have facilities come and check out our ceiling for something that looked like mold. There were stains and huge dried wet spots on the chairs as if people came form the pool and sat in them. If your are going to have chairs with light fabric please train your staff on how to keep them clean. Black stains on the curtians. The floor felt like it had not been vacumed in days. The shower was not totally clean. We had a a check in time of 4 p.m. I figured with this late check in time the rooms would be immaculate but I guess not. Sadly I don't think I will be back here. Just skeeved me out to much.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LoveroftheOC
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Used my rewards points to stay at the Comfort Inn Goldcoast. Nice hotel. Excellent views of the bay. Pool looked a little cloudy, however we didn't use it. This is a great hotel at the beach. Definitely served its purpose for us (family of three) which is a clean nice place to sleep and shower at. We came to the beach for the beach and had an excellent time. Would come back to this hotel again.

1 Thank Lindsay0329
Coplay, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here this summer and stayed on the 5th floor.staff was nice, lobby was clean, ice machine worked on floor we stayed, didn't try others. Room was nice we got a king through choice priviledges. It wasn't spotless but it was clean enough for us. We got some lysol to spray around just to be safe. I would definitely come back cause it was such a good price and the hotel really is pretty good. We walked to the beach at night which wasn't that far, but not that close. Boardwalk was at least 15 min away if not more. Overall better than what I expected

1 Thank chrissycoolcat
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel looks good, it has modern furniture,the room is not bad,size and appearance wise, but very dirty!!! Specially the bathroom,there was brown splashes on the jacuzzi,I had to call to have it cleaned,And the jacuzzi is in the powder room with the toilet. I had no desire to take a bath whatsoever... the windows you can barely see outside,the wall outlets come out of the wall when you try to take your charger out,the pull out couch is mad uncomfortable,I don't know how my kids are going to manage to sleep four nights on it...The hotel claims to be "recently remodeled".I think they just put some makeup on to hide lots of imperfections...the pool is small and the water is blurry and you can see the dirt on the bottom. Same thing with the hot tub...If they could improve the cleaning and some minor things this hotel could be a keeper,It has potential!!!

1 Thank eagle2012