“Great Place to Stay!”

Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here during peak season in the middle of August, which tends to cause problems in a resort town, but we didn't have any issues booking a room or anything. The hotel and rooms were very well kept. Front desk and housekeepers were very friendly, I know how exhausting it can be working in the business during the peak season, but they definitely didn't let it show. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cx2Mommy
CIGoldcoast, Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Cx2Mommy,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during our peak season in August. We always try to accomodate every guest with the best possible service even during our busy times. Thank you for the great feedback.

We hope to see you again in the future and we hope that your next experience with us is an even better one.

Lynn Hofferbert

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was my second time staying here. Last year during the same time (July) we spent a week here. The hotel is a great value and the staff if very helpful. The hotel is a short walk and shorter drive to the beach, walking distance to movie theatre and drug store. If I decide to come back next year I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OnRoam
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear OnRoam,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and are very happy that you repeatedly stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in future, and as always, if there is anything we can do to make your stay any more comfortable, just let us know!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We've stayed at the Comfort Inn Goldcoast in the past and found it very enjoyable. This time we booked a corner king suite. The room was clean and nicely set up. The problem was it overlooked the Denny's Restaurant adjacent to the hotel. There was constant noise day and night from the exhaust fans from Denny's. The view was the same exhaust. The hotel and location are great but room #200 is awful and not worth the money. We would have been happier with a standard room in another part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 200 noise from Denny's Restaurant is horrible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear JGirl,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and that the noise levels from outside of the room were unacceptable.

At any time during your stay with us, if you are not happy or there are unsatisfactory accomodations, please notify any one of front desk staff, and we will work with you to accomodate your needs with a room change, or address the situations that are unacceptable to you. We strive to make every guest's experience here a positive one.

We hope that we will see you again in the near future and hope that we have the chance to make this up to you.

Lynn Hofferbert

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Booked this room through hotels.com, selected a smoking room and when i get there the guy tells me the hotel is non smoking, and also has no balconies to go out to smoke on and that the windows in every room do not open. Having to smoke in the cold and rain sucked especially when i asked for a smoking room.

Woke up about 830 am to what sounded like construction going on in the next room (no exaggeration sounded like pounding nails). This went on for a half hour, so we called the front desk to no avail.

Checked out early and took a nap in my car.

Other than that everything was clean and satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Getslayerized,

Thank you very much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. I am glad to hear that cleanliness of your accommodations were satisfactory.

However, I would personally like to extend my sincere apologies for the misinformation you may have received from Hotels.com. I contacted them directly to find out why they were offering smoking rooms on their site for our hotel, as we have been a smoke free facility for over 3 years. They advised that all of our rooms that they have listed for us are listed as nonsmoking in the room details. So again, I do apologize that you were misinformed.

As for the noise you were experiencing, that issue has been addressed with our Maintenance staff and please know that no work will be performed on any parts of the hotel prior to 9am and if we do receive a complaint we will stop it completely until after check out time.

I do hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again and that we can make this unfortunate and isolated incident up to you. If there is anything at all we can do, please feel free to contact me directly at the Comfort Inn Gold Coast.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two night in October 2013. Our room was spotless clean and the staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. At the last moment our daughter and two grandchildren decided to come with us and the hotel staff worked with us to make sure we had what we needed to make everyone comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Janet C,

Thank your for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast in Ocean City, Maryland. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to hear that the cleanliness and the service were up to your standards. On behalf of our Staff, I would like to say thank you.

We are also happy that your were able to enjoy time with your family while here and glad that we could make everyone as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I travel alot and it is always a pleasure to visit the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. It is near everything but just far enough away from the noise that can be expected in a resort town. Within walking distance there are several restaurants and bars, a movie theater, shopping and the Bus stop makes commuting a snap. The staff at the Desk is amazing, and Lynn put the "S" in Service. The Staff is very helpful and the property is always clean and inviting. I always like the rooms facing the bay. It makes for a beautiful view of the sunset.

Room Tip: Any Room Facing the Bay,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear SunnyD,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. We always love to hear that our guests continue to come stay with us. This means we are continually offering the excellent customer service that our entire staff goes above and beyond to give. Your positive feedback acts as encouragement for all of our staff to continue to serve our guests, such as you.

Please know that we appreciate you as a guest. We look forward to seeing you soon and as always, have a Bay view room waiting for you!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We took our first trip to Ocean city the last weekend of the season. We got there early and our room wasn't ready but they did hustle and get it ready for us before check in time so although they say that you wont be able to check in before check in, ask anyway because the staff are very nice and friendly. We wanted a hotel close to boardwalk and this is really the only thing I have to disagree with in the description. If you are looking for a hotel close enough to walk to the boardwalk, (main attractions) this would not be the hotel BUT you can catch a ride of the shuttle bus (city bus). They say the ride is about 15 mins. Its def not. The bus stops on every block and they cram it full to where your standing butt and butt with the other tourist. My husband and I had no problem with this considering it was all part of the adventure but for older folks this would not be ideal. From what we saw, there is no outlet to the bay on the road that the hotel is on. The hotel is on the bay side, not the ocean side. You are able to walk across the street and through other hotels to get to the ocean side though and it was actually a very nice peaceful and quite spot that we found. Its a great beach in general because its huge. There is a lot of sand to set up camp not matter if your down by the main attractions or up by the hotel. There is a shopping plaza with a few places to eat and that is right next door. A movie house and a Dennys that's attached to the hotel which was really nice except they tended to be out of stuff late at night. So for location its good if you don't care about being with in walking distance of boardwalk and you would like to go to the bay. Now for the room. The room was very nice! It was very clean except the sheets. Now I am a weirdo when it comes to the bed situation in hotels because years ago I worked housekeeping for a hotel so I know what they do and what they don't do so I check to see what wasn't done. Well I found a few what looked like strands of southern region hairs. I peeled back all the blankets and sheets and called down to room service for some extra fresh clean blankets (I didn't tell them why) and they were more then happy to bring them up for me and they were freshly clean at least they were warm and hair free so I threw two on top of the sheets and slept with one over me. The bed minus the unfriendly hairs, which I found 3 so its not like a huge deal but still I would like to sleep alone with my husband haha anyway the bed was very comfortable. We didn't wake stiff which is always a good sign for us. The outside doesn't do the hotel justice. It is very modern, clean and nice over all. For the price and the customer service that you receive I would say it is def worth staying there! I know my review may not sound like it is but take my word for it, my husband and I did our research and this was one of the hotels with the best reviews for the price and I will have to agree. If you have never been there before, just prepared that during season it is insanely crowded! The first day we got in town was the last day of the season and the beach was crowded and so was the whole place but then the next day most visitors had left town and it was just a completely different place. I am glad we went the weekend that we did because we got to experience the hustle of it all during season and then the peacefulness of it the next few days while we were there and the greatest part, there are sales like no other!! I got a pair of reef sandals that were originally $42 for $12! I got a few Metal Mulisha shirts for $5, like the sales after season are amazing and the boardwalk and beach are so peaceful and beautiful to walk. Ok so this is long and I hope this review helps! The bus by the way was $1 for one way trip so you would pay a total of $2 for a round trip to boardwalk back to hotel or pay $3 for the whole day of unlimted rides. Not bad at all. This is def where we will be retiring!!

Room Tip: We got the non smoking king with the couch pull out for our boys. Hotel sits on bay side. A/C worked...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank e5wife01

Dear e5wife01,

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn Gold Coast. It always serves as a sense of encouragement to our entire staff to receive such shining reviews! I have shared your review with our Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance staffs as we value and appreciate all of our guests. We are so glad that the service, the cleanliness and the location of our hotel suited your needs.

We are very glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.