“great time once again”
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“great time once again”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Once again a great time in OC and at Park Place.The hotel is in aperfect location and the biggest part its clean.

3 Thank sheri28

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed here with my wife and children. Clean rooms, friendly staff, amazing location. Going through the restraunt was a funky way to get to the beach, but very quick--they let you go through even if its not open yet. Rooms were always cleaned early, good when you have small children who nap late morning. Pool was clean and well maintained. Did not try the deck bar. Will be back this year.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on 3rd floor or higher
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pa_miner
Delaware City, Delaware
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Start off..Our room was ready way before check in time and the front desk clerks very friendly. This already put a smile on my face because my daughter wanted to go out on the beach right away. The room was very clean an our cleaning lady was on point. She would come early every morning an not only clean up but reassure that we could have anything needed. I like the location of the hotel which is not too far from the boardwalk rides. The hotel was clean and neat absolutely no problem with the room or refrigerator etc. We also had a friend come into town for the day as well and staff was nice enough to let them park in their hotel parking lot. THANKS AGAIN..
Pool area was fun and clean. I'm glad to have read other great reviews which lead me to this hotel.

The only negatives which was not that serious is the elevators take really long and operate slow but hop on the stairs an your at the 2nd floor which leads to the boardwalk/beach area.
The restaurant Conners attached to the hotel was not all that great in terms of lunch.
Overall I stayed at the Breakers Hotel last year but honestly must say prefer this one more. I will come back again.

1 Thank djdelite
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2011

First, things I liked: friendly desk people, location on the boardwalk, clean rooms, ample parking right in front of hotel, great restaurant and breakfast buffet right below the hotel.(Connors Restaurant), within 10 minutes of anything you want to do, Great view from our oceanfront balcony on the 3rd floor (room 302), no smells in this hotel which is great for my wife who has asthma, beach was very clean and plenty of police presence on the boardwalk. The pool was on the second floor. It was small but seemed clean and well taken care of. Would like to have seen a shepards crook available to help any troubled youth in the pool area.

Things I didnt like: tight parking spaces (every time I came out I had a car parked within inches of the side of our car) If someone opened a door they would definitely hit my car, and probably did. The little plastic tabs that hold the hairdryer in place were bent and broke off as soon as we pulled the hair dryer out of the holder. Couldnt hang it up again after that. Hardly any drawer space to put clothes in. In 5 days the cleaning lady only swept our floor once. My wife had to ask for extra towels three times because the lady didnt understand her. When I went by another room on the way to the elevator I heard a group of three cleaning service people cussing about some other members of the cleaning staff (very unprofessional). Rooms could have been a little bigger. We had two double beds and a pull out sofa for two small children. One little lane to walk thru. How about a fan in the bathroom or some sort of air freshener? Elevators were a little slow but very clean. Missed having an exercise room and the game room was tiny with one of the games out of order. Only one rinse off shower on the boardwalk by the beach in front of the hotel. The foot level faucet was broke and the high shower head was not easily adjusted to the height you wanted. No other rinse offs at the beach anywhere close to the hotel. The shower head in our bathroom was very weak. We like to have a good pressure so we feel like we are gettng clean. This shower definitely did not.

7 Thank senseidayton
PA
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was our first time there, but will stay there again when in OC. We had an oceanfront efficiency that was very comfortable & we especially liked the small kitchenette. We had to call about a problem with the screen and it was taken care of immediately. All of the staff were very nice and accommodating. It is a slightly older hotel, so if you like new & modern, it is not for you. However it is well taken care of & very clean.

Room Tip: I personally would not want a 2nd fl deck room.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank nedia
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My sisters and I ranging from ages 27-37 thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. All we kept saying was how great the location was! We had an ocean front room on the 5th floor. A suggestion if you are planning on staying here is to ask for a room one one of the top floors. The hotel only has 6 floors and since it is right on the boardwalk it could be a little noisy if you were on the lower floors. The room was neat, cleaned everyday, and was considerable spacious. We had 6 people in our room, 2 full size beds and a pull-out couch. It was a bit cramped but we packed out the room to save $ and were barely in the room so it did not matter to us. We checked out the pool just to see it but didn't go hang out there because the beach was right there, it looked nice and clean. The beach, boardwalk, rides, bars, restaurants, and bus stop are all right outside the door of this hotel. We parked the car on Friday when we got there and did not move it until we left on Monday. We walked and took the bus (which is only $3.00 for an all day pass) everywhere. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good place to stay.
ALSO--> if you are a AAA member you get 10% off your room a night. You just have to show them the card. So worth it!

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms either 5th or 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank MCY825
Newark, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We enjoyed this hotel...Great location on the Boardwalk and the hotel is VERY CLEAN. The staff hotel are exceptionally NICE and HELPFUL. I will definitely stay there on my next visit to Ocean City, MD.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family