“Great hotel but....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #14 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Wynantskill, New York
“Great hotel but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We just checked in yesterday and the person at the front desk who checked us in could not have been nicer. I had hoped for a cancellation to get a room with a balcony but no such luck. We are staying in room 609 which I said to my son whom I am traveling with that is good because no one to being running over our heads a night. Well I spoke too soon..although we didn't have anyone runing over our heads we have a family next to us whose children are very loud. There door slammed shut last night and shook our walls for about a hour straight from then coming in and out up and down the hallway. We woke this a.m. to two loud noises..the dumpster outside being emptied at 630 and then again at 7:00 with the little children yelling in the room next to us. The fact that this trip was for my son and I to relax is being hindered by the noise in the next room.
With that said let me give the positives. The room is beautiful with a partial view of the harbor. Very Very clean! Beds are very comfortable and pillows are like clouds. All of the staff that we have encountered so far have been very nice and helpful. I watched as my son and I sat at the bar last night as the bartender interacted with some of the other staff members and you get a since of homeyness from them. The bar that I am speaking of is on the second floor and is outdoors and overlooks the boardwalk and the ocean,,,the views are spectacular. On one side of the deck is the bar and tables and chairs in which you can sit and order food from the hotel restaurant. (my son and I got burgers..they were good). The other side of the deck all Adirondack chairs to just sit back and listen to the ocean and people watch.
I gave this 4 stars because the room was as expected and very clean and the staff from the front desk clerk to the bartender where very friendly and helpful.
I have been a secret shopper for years..going into stores, hotels and amusement parks and assessing them and giving feed back on what I encountered and I must say that the Park Place is very worthy of the four star rating!

Room Tip: We are in room 609 and the room itself is lovly but if you are a light sleeper you will be awakened...
1 Thank shallwedance40
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
shallwedance40 from Wynantskill, New York thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very happy that you are enjoying your stay with us here at Park Place Hotel. We strive to make all our guests stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible and we are always pleased when we here from them positively. The second floor deck, with its view and rocking chairs, is definitely a favorite with our guests and I will let Conner's Beach Cafe know how much you enjoyed their restaurant and bar. Thank you again for your review and I hope that when you make your next reservation you can book more in advance so we can get you a more quiet room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is our 5th return trip to this hotel. We return because of the location, the service, and the cleanliness. Last summer we stayed right next door at The Breaker's Hotel and would NEVER return there again. We stayed for 3 nights and had no complaints. The people that operate the hotel are nice folks. Their staff is properly trained. Their housekeeping crew does a proficient job. It is very difficult to keep any beach property clean and they are continually trying to maintain the cleanliness. Parking spaces are tight; but, there is a spot for every guest. My only complaint is that none of us find the beds very satisfactory. First of all, they are only doubles instead of queens. And, the linens are of very low quality. Would that stop me from returning? No. It just makes me look very forward to returning back home to my luxurious bed! Overall, great boardwalk location.

Room Tip: Do not reserve a 2nd floor OF unless you are a smoker.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank loveisbliss
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Loveisbliss from Buffalo thanks for taking the time to write about Park Place Hotel. Returning guests are very important to us and we are very grateful for everyone of you. Also, thank you for complimenting our staff, they work very hard and we are lucky to have them. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again.
Logan, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel location is perfect if you have children. Short and enjoyable walk to the amusement park. Beach and boardwalk right outside your door. Short driving distance to State Park and shopping. I found the room to be average at best although it was clean and comfortable. Parking like with most places is very tight but you will be able to park close to the hotel lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank troy f
Troy f thanks for your input. It is unfortunate that you found our rooms only average since we take great pride in keeping our rooms up to date and fresh. I hope you will have better luck on your next visit to Ocean City but thank you for staying with us here at Park Place this season.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have been coming to Park Place for the past few years and I have to say we love it! We always stay on the 3rd floor ocean side. The location is perfect for us we never go anywhere when we stay there since we have all different restaurants on the boardwalk to choose from. We also love Park Places restaurant and usually eat there twice when we stay. Everybody is very friendly. The hotel is clean and also the rooms have been recently remodeled. I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want ocean front stay on the side the restaurant is not on.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bankerchic06 from Williamsport, Pennsylvania thank you so much for your kind review. We love hearing from our repeat guests because when you are happy and come back that tells us we are doing our jobs. Thanks again for taking the time to write about Park Place Hotel and we look forward to your next stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at park place and loved it! The location is great, veiw is great, rooms are very clean, staff is nice and helpful, they have a bar on the 2nd floor deck with is awesome to just grab a drink and chill. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you so much Kellybelly for your great review. It is always very gratifying when a first time guest has a wonderful stay with us at Park Place Hotel. I am also glad you enjoyed Conner's Deck Bar, I think it is one of the best views of the Atlantic Ocean and the beach that can be had on the Boardwalk. We hope to see you again soon and thank you again.
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a good family hotel--nothing fancy but perfectly adequate. My only regret is that we were not able to book an Oceanside view but instead had to settle for a pool/parking lot view. It is located toward one end of the boardwalk within walking distance of the amusement parks if you have children and the bay if you want to go parasailing (which we did). We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant several mornings and our meals were fine. However, I do not recommend the restaurant for dinner. The last night we were there, we were all tired so thought we would just eat dinner there. It was the worst meal I had in Ocean City. They even managed to make fried shrimp taste terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank GrandmaAudrey
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
GrandmaAudrey from Rochester, Michigan thank you for taking the time to write about Park Place
Hotel and Conner's Beach Cafe. Ocean Front rooms are always at a premium during the vacation season so may I recommend making your reservations earlier. I realize that it is difficult to plan very far in the future but it will help secure an Ocean Front room. I have passed on your concerns and comments about Conner's Beach Cafe to its owners so be assured that they will receive the proper attention. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Lived at this address for 7 days with entire family (8 adults + 7 children) Aug 3-10.
Location = awesome. Service = superlative. Friendliness = perfect.
Our stay was made more memorable by the staff and perfect boardwalk location.
The last time we had this kind of experience was at Disneyland!!
We will be back.

Room Tip: Floors 3 thru 6 are better for "viewing pleasure".
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jim B
OCParkPlaceHotel, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Great review; thank you so much Jim B from Germantown, Maryland. We cannot tell you how glad we are that you and your family had such a great, extended stay with us this season. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you all again very soon.