“Excellent!”
Review of Park Place Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Park Place Hotel
Ranked #14 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Locustdale, Pennsylvania, USA
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This was our first time to Park Place Hotel. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful!! We had a few requests, and within minutes, they were taken care of. The location was perfect and the view was outstanding! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have stayed in quite a few hotels in Ocean City, but Park Place was by far the best!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bigmamaflick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed here with my husband from July 30 to Aug 8, 2010, with no problems. This has quickly become my favorite place to stay, I love the ocean front rooms, totally private balcony & great views of the beach and boardwalk. Used the pool several times it was well maintained. Also used the washer/dryer at the hotel once during our stay, front desk even supplied me with a bounce since I forgot mine. All the employees we saw were friendly & its just an easy place to relax & enjoy a nice beach vacation. Looking forward to many return trips.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VacaysRock
Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Nothing fancy about this hotel, just nice, clean place. All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. All rooms, including balconies, are non-smoking.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Gatos47
Panama City Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2010

2nd stay here two years in a row and never disappointed. Great rooms, service, bar, pool and location.
Last stay was given a Bay View but stunk horribly like smoke. talked to the Manager who came up to verify and we were upgraded to a Ocean View room for the same price.
Only down side is Connors restaurant whose breakfast buffet is pretty lousy.
All in all the Best!!

2 Thank Jon S
NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I chose this hotel based on the great reviews and I'm so glad I did!! First of all, it is clean. I skeve hotel rooms in general but when we walked in our room, although the decor was dated, I was so relieved. It smelled clean and all of the surfaces were clean. Every time we walked through the hotel we saw staff cleaning. The mini-fridge in the room is a good size to store drinks and some food. The location was great.... located right on the boardwalk and beach. The hotel is where all the boarwalk action begins. We had friends staying at the more expensive Hilton and they had such a problem trying to park down by where we were. My family had a great stay here and we plan to return again next year.

2 Thank locomamaNJ
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This was my family's first time in ocean city and it couldnt have been better. The hotel was amazing and right on the boardwalk. The price was average for any decent hotel in the area, and the staff was very helpful. We will definatley go back again.

2 Thank gaurd1210
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Our family of four stayed at Park Place for seven nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. They do a great job cleaning your room. Very fast.

The room:
It's a good place to stay if you don't plan to stay in your room for too long (while you are not sleeping). There's not much in the room. There is a coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, dish rack, and a few plates, bowls, cups and some silverware. They provide dish soap. I brought my own electric burner to cook on. There's PLENTY to eat on the Boardwalk though. No shortage of good food.

The bathtub is great. It has jets that my kids LOVED!!! They spent lots of time in the bath.

The rooms are supposedly "smoke-free," but ours smelled like old smoke. You are not supposed to smoke on the balcony either, but our neighbors did. Not all the rooms smell that way though. It's not the hotel's fault, just the ignorant guest.

There is a pull-out couch that is great for the kids (or short adults).

Stay on the bayside for a quieter stay.

The pool:
The pool is shaded for most of the morning. I have fair skin, so I liked that. Not a very big pool though.

Other amenities:
They have one washer and one dryer. They cost a $1 each. Not many people used it either.

There's a game room, but I never went to it.

There is free internet, but it can be VERY slow during busy hours. Our computer kept dropping the connection.

What I liked best:
The proximity of the hotel to the beach and boardwalk.

What I liked least:
The smoky smell of the room.

2 Thank acina