We have been vacationing in OC for the last 16 years. We came across the Princess Royale after driving down Coastal Highway and stopping in a variety of hotels and picking up information at each. We found that the Princess Royale had a lot of perks that fit our family. The main thing being 2-room suites (with kitchenettes) that suited us well when our children were younger and went to bed earlier than we did. We have also utilized the self-serve laundry services in the past located on two floors of the hotel. That started a yearly tradition that has been going on for about 6 years.
This year (2011) when we checked in, we were promptly met by a bell hop by the front door. Valet parking was an option ($5 a night) or park yourself, if you like. We have always been able to find off street parking in the small parking garage in front of the hotel (no extra charge). We were taken to the 2-bedroom condo that we would be in for the week. The condo was beautiful with an incredible view! It had a full-size kitchen and washer and dryer. It was also nice for our teen and almost teen daughters to have their own room to share and their own bathroom as well. Another bonus is a small safe in the master bedroom. Two shelves, large enough for a laptop computer and you set the 4 diget code each time you close it. The rooms have always been clean. We brought a laptop this year to take advantage of the wireless internet available in the room. I'm not sure if it was high speed, but it was very handy for planning the next day's activities. We had an issue with the TV this year. The last tenant set the parent lock on the TV in the living room. We had someone from Engineering in the room within 10 minutes, at 9 PM no less, who had the problem fixed in less time than it took him to get to the room. Our room had a VCR and a DVD player with the TV in the livingroom. Though I didn't take advantage of it this year, the hotel has a workout room on the first floor. I have used the tread mill, weights and stationary bike before.
Being on 91st Street, the hotel is across the street from the Super Fresh grocery store, which we utilized to save some money cooking our own meals in our full size kitchen. Having the ability to prepare and eat meals in is a real money saver, plus we had somewhere to put the leftovers from meals out (for the next day's lunch). It is also across the street from Sunsations, which came in handy when we needed to replace broken goggles right as we were heading to the beach. They also have a small convenience store and a gift shop on the first floor. Both came in handy when in need of an item, but I didn't want to leave the hotel. Since the hotel is oceanfront, the beach is accessible right from the hotel, so no need to travel and find a parking space. Also across the street is Candy Kitchen and Layton's Restaurant is next door.
We took several trips down to the Boardwalk, but were very happy to come back "home" to the hotel where it's quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk and surrounding area.
When we had our fill of sand, we headed into the beautiful Atrium to use the indoor pool and indoor and outdoor jacuzzis. This has been invaluable to us when the kids want something to do, and it's either too late in the day to swim on the beach or the weather doesn't cooperate. The pool and jacuzzis were well tended and cleaned by the staff daily. We saw the outdoor jacuzzi was emptied at night and refilled every day during our stay. They also provide complementary towels for use at the pool.
The Princess Royale has one of the best kept secrets in Ocean City - Schooner's Restaurant. The food is unsurpassed! We make it a point to eat there at least once during our stay. The wait staff there is also great. We never had to look for our waitress or ask for a refill. We have never been disappointed. Unfortunately, we've never been in OC during July or August when they have their Seafood buffet, but if it's half as good as the food off the menu, it's definitely worth the trip.
Whenever we have had to call the desk for assistance, the staff has been courteous and prompt in responding.
We have come to view the Princess Royale as our Ocean City home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland