We arrived mid-September. Parking was a breeze, but when we went to check-in at the front desk, the staff were not looking up, looked liked they disliked their job and didn't give eye contact at all. No smiles either, they all frowned as if they were have a bad day. We got to our room which was on the 2nd level (pool side) and our room faced an arcade directly with the pool behind (which you couldn't even see). First off, why would an arcade be outside of a hotel room right in front of the pool? You can hear all of the noises from the arcade, even at night. The only time when everything turns off is after 11pm. I was there for a meeting conference and came back the front desk to see if they could find other accomodations. The first lady at the desk, just rolled her eyes and said, "They are no other rooms availble." When I asked if I could be contacted if anything else came availabe, she looked down at the desk and said, "I cannot promise you anything." Wow, she didn't apologize for the noise or even tried to compensate in any other way. She was very snappy and didn't seem concerned. The rooms are extremely outdated. Like they've been built and decor matching the 80s'. The closet door was hanging off, there were stains on the ceiling tile where leaking occurred, the tub was stopped up and very dirty and the refrigerator was left uncleaned. And, they had a nerve to charge for use of the room safe! Schooners restaurant was also, outdated and the breakfast buffet was only satisfactory. The workout facilities were a plus and cannot complain about the Tempurpedic beds. This did not outweigh the poor customer service received or the room by far. Will not stay there again :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland