“Needs some TLC!”

Princess Royale Resort
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Needs some TLC!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have stayed at the Princess Royale at least six times, and it has gotten more "tired" and in need of TLC each year. It is right on the beach, has a good location (you can walk to both Layton's and Bull on the Beach) and has free parking in it's own garage. Ocean front rooms are full on the ocean and have a large refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, pretty much everything you need to cook for a weeks stay. All the bed are Temper-pedic style, which I happen to like. The bad news is the carpets are stained, many rooms and hallways have an odor, Elevators are shaky and slow, in-room coffee, shampoos and soaps are very poor quality. The hotel has an extra daily charge for the safe whether you use it or not. Elevators going to the condos in either tower are particularly bad - you can wait for a full 20+ minutes.

Room Tip: Don' t get a poolside room - you will have a chlorine smell and be up all night from the noise!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
PrincessRoyaleHotel, General Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the oceanfront location, free parking, in-suite kitchen, and tempur-pedic bedding. I would like for you to know that we are scheduled for new carpeting and elevator upgrades later this year. I would like very much, for you and your guests to return and enjoy our improvements. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Michael Foelber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My family had a great time. Its great for a getaway during the offseason. Kids really enjoy playing in the pool and parents can relax in the hot tubs. The room was big and comfortable. We will definetely stay again. We loved the view. I highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank mikelant
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The staff was very helpful and pleasant - room was clean & well appointed. We had a wonderful stay. The view was great we had two fantastic Ocean City sunrises. The staff honored our request for a high floor. We would highly recommend the Princess Royal in Ocean City Maryland! this was our first, but not our last stay here.

Room Tip: Ocean fron is terrific
1 Thank danfeld
Capitol Heights, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Our stay at Princess Royale was great. The room was a little outdated but very clean and inviting with a full kitchen. The bed was really nice the first night but by the second me and my husband had sore lower backs, I think it was just too soft. We took advantage of the gym since we both workout daily and enjoyed that the hotel was very private. The hotel also has garage parking which was great. There was one maid that flirted with husband when he answered the door and then she came back the next day and I answered because he was in the shower and she said "Oh sorry wrong room". We do intend to go back in a few weeks.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just stayed at this resort for a 2-day getaway. Staff is awesome, friendly and helpful. Rooms are a bit outdated but fully functional, nicely equipped with the necessities and spacious. VERY CLEAN! We were great until we went to dinner at the restaurant (Schooner's), and it was the worst experience in terms of the food. Ordered from what seemed like a great menu, but the salad was old and brown, and had to return the main course twice. My husband ordered a pasta dish and it was all stuck together and not tasty. Rolls served at the table were at least 3 days old. If you eat off property, this is a nice place to stay for a short term visit. Outdoor jacuzzi's were nice, and property was nicely accessible to the ocean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
PrincessRoyaleHotel, General Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. I’m glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, thought the staff was awesome, and the resort was very clean. However, it was concerning that you and your family did not enjoy your dining experience. Please accept my sincere apology for your disappointment. While there is no excuse, I would like to note that our Executive Chef and Sous Chef were preparing a banquet for several hundred guests while you were having dinner and an associate did not send out a meal to you that met your standards, or ours. I deeply apologize for the oversight.

Again, thank you for sharing about your recent stay and I’m glad that you were happy with all other aspects of your visit. Be assured that your comments will be passed along to assist with training and improvement. We look forward to servicing your future hospitality needs.

Michael Foelber
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We checked in Sunday the 24th thru the 28th of March 2013.
We were deciding between OC, MD, Duck or Hilton Head. We chose OC because it’s off season for all three spots and nothing we liked in Duck or Hilton had the indoor pool or the rented houses wouldn’t turn the pool on until last week.
When we arrived at the Princess the Bell Hop greeted us and helped us with our bags, while I parked my car under the parking area a few yards from the front lobby.
During our checking process they immediately upgraded us from our one room suite to the top floor 2 bedroom condo , 1003, Awesome view, Awesome room. The condo was very clean and the kids loved having 2 tvs too. The weather was cold Sunday and Monday with rain and snow showers, no problem. It was ok because the Old Pro courses are open and they have 2 nice indoor facilities. Then we hit the hotel pool, very nice and the sauans were realxing too.
For around $100 a night you can't beat this AWESOME place!
Princess Royale you and your staff rocks!!
We are defintely coming back !!!!

Jim

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
cobleskill
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I love staying at the Princess Royal in Ocean City Maryland! It is always very clean, which is of utmost importance to me when I go to a hotel. The bed comfort is AMAZING! Also, the view from the deck of the beachfront rooms is unbelievable! This past year I left a couple of hundred dollars worth of new clothes in my closet when I left. I was contacted as soon as they were noticed. They offered to box them up and mail them home to me COD, but I opted to pick them up on my way back home a few days later. This really made me feel good about the integrity of this place. It is the only place to stay in Ocean City!

Room Tip: Choose an Oceanfront room! The sunrise is awesome!