“Would Happily Visit Again!”

Princess Royale Resort
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
North Potomac
“Would Happily Visit Again!”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Everything you could want and more! Clean and comfortable accommodations. Pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Professional staff. Awesome pool and beachfront. Convenient restaurant, store and gift shop. You don't need to venture out if you don't want to! This was my first beachfront "rental", so I was crossing my fingers that I'd chosen wisely. Boy, did I! So happy that I chose the Princess Royale!

Room Tip: Choose an oceanfront room during "Car Week" to avoid being disturbed by late night engine...
1 Thank Renee T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I've been visiting Ocean City for more than 30 years and have stayed in many different hotels over the years. Our recent stay at the Princess Royale Resort made me question why I didn't stay here sooner! We had a two-room oceanfront suite on the 8th floor that gave us an exceptional view of the ocean, plenty of room for 5 people, and a kitchenette that allowed us to keep our expenses down but still enjoy our stay. The resort has all the amenities we would have wanted, was clean, had an ultra-friendly staff and was conveniently located with plenty of parking. Can't wait to return to Ocean City and hopefully to the Princess Royale many times in the future.

Room Tip: A two room suite allows plenty of room for a family of six...two queen beds in one room with a full...
1 Thank Kfrager2
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When I told people who had visited Ocean City that I was planning a long weekend there, they asked me why! I was told not to expect much, I won't like it, etc., etc. Well I guess when you don't expect much, you end up pleasantly surprised. Yes the hotel is like walking back into 1990, but it is clean, the rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful, the beds are extremely comfortable, you are a short drive to the boardwalk but far enough removed, and you are ocean front. What more can you ask for? A couple of things; bring your own beach towels (they do not provide them), the "free" Internet is IF you can connect to a strong neighboring connection (I was never successful), and there are no bowls with the provided kitchen supplies. However, the freezer does have an ice maker! Great for packing the cooler to bring to the beach. Would I return for Long weekend? Yes. would I return to the Princess Royale? Yes.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tripst
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at The Princess Royale for a friends wedding. The ocean view room was amazing. View of ocean was spectacular, beds were very comfortable. The pool was huge and very clean. The staff were all very friendly. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed May 2013
Sassamansville, pa
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The large rooms with separate bedrooms overlooking the indoor pool and ocean are just a start of a great stay. Clean rooms and kids friendly make this our favorite place to stay. The indoor pool for the kids and hot tub for me was perfect especially on the raIny day.

2 Thank dps3
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great Hotel, great lunch food at restaurant, clean, very friendly staff. We stayed at Princess Royale every time we come to OC. We love the large suite, on the beach accomdations. Staff is always friendly, easy with small kids. Great indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for a better ocean view
1 Thank sara361
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2013

As much as I would love to write 10 pages on this, I will try and keep it short. We booked our wedding here for summer 2012. First off we booked it under the wedding coordinator who is no longer there. When someone new took over, they re-organized the menu, which caused a bit of panic, I wanted to ensure the menu we chose was still on, and it was. After that, things went downhill fast. We were told and agreed upon 2 bartenders, then told we would only have one, this was a big fight, (eventually, as I was walking with my wedding party to enter the reception, the wedding coordinator told me we did get 2 bartenders, wow, thanks for telling me now, after I've been stressed about it for months) Probably the biggest error: the honeymoon suite we had for the wedding night in our package, they never booked it. I found this out at my rehersal dinner. Carrie, the wedding coordinator, knew my mother was staying at a condo in the hotel. My mom thought she was asking where I will be getting ready at before the wedding. She made the assumption that my husband and I would be spending our wedding night shacked up with mom and dad. What can I say besides really?? We were lucky to get a room last minute. Also, I guess our wedding fell through the cracks when new management took over, but 2 months before the wedding, we found out the hotel never booked the DJ. We had to settle for another DJ who was not that great, took no requests. There was no promised help for setting up the reception room, we had to do everything ourselves, my wedding day was spent putting tables together with my family. And the salon there? No go. Yes our hair looked great, but they wanted to charge me full price $75 for a trial up-do, and no kind of discount whatsoever. Overall, the guests loved everything and it was a beautiful wedding, but if they only knew about what they put my mother and I through for it all. Unbelievable lack of coordination and management. We even had to write a letter to the Ocean City mayor. (We did do the tastings in May 2012, and watched a wedding take place with stumps instead of where the palm trees are, when I brought it up, Carrie mentioned that they knew the palm trees would not be out yet, so I guess when you have low expectations, than this place is fine.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank britt2189
PrincessRoyaleHotel, Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
We are in receipt of your review regarding your wedding that was held at our hotel during the summer of 2012 and would like to take this opportunity to respond. First, please again accept our sincere apologies that you felt that we did not exceed your every expectation on your very special day.

As you are aware, our long term wedding coordinator that you originally spoke with, Maggie, suddenly and tragically passed away a few months prior to your wedding; a great loss to her family, her coworkers and several brides that she had been working with. As I am sure you can understand, no one could have foreseen this.

However, Maggie worked very hard during her illness to ensure that our new wedding coordinator, Carrie, had all the information she would need to make your event the great success that all our many other weddings are. We are pleased to host dozens a year with very positive feedback.

Unfortunately, and with all due respect, your schedule and the number of people involved in the many aspects of planning your wedding, also contributed to some of the miscommunication. For example, due to your work schedule, you were not able to communicate as frequently as we do with most of our brides so many of the conversations were with your parents and the information was not always shared with you. Too, many of Carrie's messages left for you went un-returned. Communication when planning a wedding, or any event, is critical. Having family and friends help in the planning can be beneficial but only of the bride is made aware of what they are doing and, unfortunately, this was not always the scenario.

For example, Carrie emailed your mother on Aug 13 regarding your suite and your mother clearly advised Carrie that you did NOT need a suite as you would be staying in the condo on your wedding night; not a Jacuzzi suite. Your contract specifically states that you are responsible for contacting your DJ. Additionally, we provide 2 bartenders for all weddings and other functions that have 100 or more guests attending; as your reception was for 65 people a 2nd bartender was not needed or required but was, in fact, then provided to you at no additional cost because you were so concerned about this issue in an effort to meet your every request.

With regard to our Palm Trees, as was discussed, they are replaced annually each year just before Memorial weekend as they do not survive well over the winter. Brides are always aware of this and are then free to make the choice to get married under the palm trees, as you did, or on the beach if the palm trees are not yet in for spring weddings.

As most brides know, planning a wedding can be a stressful event under the best of circumstances and to have your wedding coordinator suddenly pass away months before your wedding was a unique situation, in deed. But, I can not stress enough now much time and effort when into making your day exactly had you planned; even the General Manager personally met with you and your family to ensure everything went well. So, imagine our surprise when seeing this review almost a year later; especially after your father expressed his appreciation to Carrie for her efforts.

That being said, for all our future brides or brides-to-be thinking of having your wedding at our hotel, we will be happy to provide you with our outstanding references and many, many letters of appreciation from all of our many brides over the last 20 years who, with proper planning, had the wedding of their dreams at our hotel; many of whom come back to celebrate their anniversary and even renew their vows.

I again sincerely regret that your experience was not what you expected. I assure you, however, that is was not from a lack of effort on our part as we pride ourselves on making every event held at our hotel most memorable.

We wish you a Happy First Anniversary coming up with best wishes for many, many more to come.

Diane Anderson