“Amazing Hotel!”

Princess Royale Resort
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went with my girlfriend and we had an amazing experience here. The hotel was very clean and the beds were so comfortable it made a real difference! We will definitely be coming back to this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: South Side rooms have amazing ocean view and ease of access to beach
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shane C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,894)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We arrived right before the Memorial Day weekend, and while we were impressed with the customer service and friendliness of the front desk staff, we were not that pleased with the room. For example, the remote control to one of the TVs was missing and the bathtub would fill up with water to the halfway mark (and higher) only after a short 5-10 mins shower. Fortunately, the cleaning staff was very prompt and were were pleasantly surprised to see everything clean and bed made after leaving for less than 1 hour for breakfast downstairs.

Also, the view from the room was amazing, as it overlooked the atrium with the indoor pool, and then right beyond the enclosed glass was the beautiful sand and ocean.

On a final note, the restaurant inside (Schooner's) was okay, but I enjoyed the breakfast buffet much more than I enjoyed my dinner there.

All being said, the hotel is centrally located and I would stay there again.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Overall~Mediocre at best...not necessarily a "resort" per say.
Building/Property~Decent...some attemtps at renovations and upgrades are noted along with the outdated look of the hotel. Makes it look mix matched, lobby and public hallways look like a 1980s cruise ship. Location and accesibility to the beach was great however.
Rooms~Dated and tired. Get rid of the ugly bed spreads; no one uses spreads anymore. The bed made up for it though, its the posturepedic memory foam beds. No housekeeping until late in the evening, no biggie though but could be an inconvenience to some.
Food & Beverage~Mediocre...low quality food products used. Breakfast buffet was only $10, so you could only imagine what you get for that. Using left over food items from banquet events to supply the primerib buffet in the restaurant was "tacky". The use of contract labor is acceptable in this industry and for the most part they are decent people from eastern europe but they are not trained or supervised. No F&B management visible so service standards were heavily compromised.
Amenities~Gift shop and convenience store closes early, people use these services more in the evening hours when they return from their activities. No towel service on the beach and you are not allowed to take the pool towels to the beach. The pool attendant Kenny was great in trying to assist everyone with this dilemma.
Front Desk & Bell Services~The bell staff are the ambassadors of this hotel. Very professional, cordial and polite despite the heavy occupancy. The front desk were accomodating and patient. Once again no management presence anywhere on the property.

2  Thank AlissaD
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just got back from memorial weekend stay at this hotel 5/25-5/27. When I first booked this hotel through their site, I didn't realize that I could get an internet rate with additional discount. I found that out after reading another review on tripadvisor, but I had already booked it. So I emailed their customer support, they got back to me right away and adjusted my discount. So 5 stars on that area!

Our room was on the 5th floor. We had a 1 bedroom suite half ocean view. The room is spacious but outdated to my taste. The carpet green and old. If you plan to sleep on the sofabed, you need to bring additional padding as you can feel the springs and can get a little uncomfortable. And it can get loud when people walk by the room and you can hear everything that the cleaning staff is talking about and knocking on other peoples door.

Our room was a little hot and humid. I told the front desk on arrival that the AC wasnt cooling the room and she says it takes time. Apparently the whole weekend went by and still didnt cool down. The AC made lots of noise but no cool air was coming out of it. Upon checking out, I mentioned it again to the front desk and heard the girl actually call the maintenance people to take a look. So 5 stars to that girl who acknowledge my complaint and addessed it in 5 mins. The AC issue is a bit of a concern to me because memorial weekend was not even hot yet, the room felt really stuffy with the AC just blowing out air and not cool air. On a hot summer day, that may be an issue.

Their Atrium level with the pool that goes out to the beach was awesome. Thats the best part of the stay. I tried the outside hottub. The water was 102 degrees, apparently the person filling up the hot tub says that how hot it should be. I couldnt even put my foot in there. I'm sure if I put an egg in there, it would cook it. I'm not sure what to so say about that.

The temperpedic bed was quite comfortable. The little kitchenette was nice to have since we made late night snacks when the restuarants closed.

Overall its was a decent stay with some small issues. When I was seeking a hotel in Ocean City, I saw some pretty awful looking hotels and reviews. So I dont carry a high expecatations with hotels near the ocean in general. Princess Royale was decent. Although its outdated but the facilties were good and pretty clean for the most part. If they would invest in upgrading some of theirs rooms, this hotel would be awesom. Check in and check out was quick. My son loved it.

Room Tip: High Floor
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here May17-19. We've been to OC before and usually stay on the south end of the island. Thank goodness we did not this time as we didn't know it was car show/hotrod weekend and the traffic on Coastal Highway was crazy and loud!!Most of the activities were at the convention center and south so we felt we dodged a bullet by not being there. We had a beachfront room on the fourth floor. Everything was great. The room was quiet, and the beds were so comfy. Check in and check out were an absolute breeze and all of the staff members that we encountered were very friendly. We did not utilize the pool area but it looked really nice. We did not eat at their restaurant but had a drink at the bar on Saturday night and they had a guy playing acoustic guitar.We ate at the Bull on the Beach a block away and it was very good and had breakfast at Layton's both mornings. It's right next door. We had a positive experience here and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgiord
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Great view of the ocean since the hotel is right on the beach. Very friendly, courteous and prompt staff with excellent food and adjacent free parking. We had a kitchenette suite which is extremely helpful for fixing breakfast and light mid-day meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor courtyard room, which adjoins the atrium, indoor pool, games and hot tubs with a...
1  Thank cokevette
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Everything you could want and more! Clean and comfortable accommodations. Pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Professional staff. Awesome pool and beachfront. Convenient restaurant, store and gift shop. You don't need to venture out if you don't want to! This was my first beachfront "rental", so I was crossing my fingers that I'd chosen wisely. Boy, did I! So happy that I chose the Princess Royale!

Room Tip: Choose an oceanfront room during "Car Week" to avoid being disturbed by late night engine...
1  Thank Renee T