While searching for accomodations in OCMD for a girl-friend getaway, we were looking for something affordable, with a good location (close to beach and some evening hot-spots) but wanted to stray from the boardwalk and all it's chaos. The Princess Royale had mixed reviews, but appeared to be getting better and better as the season bore on.
Walking into the hotel I was immediatley welcomed back to 1992. The carpets were worn and fadded, icicle-like gold chandelier's hung from the ceilings and the typical luxaries of even a motel 6 I didn't find evident.
As a business traveler I've seen a fair trade of various accomdations, but the Princess really did not play up to my expectations. Then again, this is a hotel in a seasonal town.
The locals love OCMD and all it has to offer. I, personally, find it a mix between family and children, too many all you can eat buffett's, and a crowd that perhaps would be perfectly content with the dangerously slow and shifty elevator at the Princess, the warm indoor poor you just KNOW is filthy with children's pee, and service that does not make any acceptions to making your stay as pleasurable as possible.
Great temperpedic beds, an outdoor bar that has live music around 1 in the afternoon that you can hear on the beach, a decent location (across from bus stop!) and although not great, probably beats out half the motel-ish dives lining main drag offering small dirty rooms for the same price. The Princess offers all Suites which are all decently sized many of which have balconies (do not recommend staying in the rooms who's balconies face indoors - toward the pool. You will be awakened by children playing in pool and videogames).
Would I recommend or stay again, NO, but was it soooo terrible, not in the least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland