“Great couple of days!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Great couple of days!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Princess Royale in Ocean City, MD for 2 nights. It was a nice getaway and we were treated very well by the staff. The accomodations were Very Good. We had a suite with an ocean view. We enjoyed a nice dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Overall, it was a great trip. My only complaint was that while the mattress was comfortable, the pillows were not comfortable at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pattio1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
Wilmington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was a return trip to Princess Royale.
Comfortable rooms at a great value. Corner rooms have an excellent cross breeze!!! Staff is always accommodating! We held our wedding at this location. We will return to Princess Royale Again!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I think my husband and I found our preferred place to stay in OC!

We went down for the Ocean City car show (crusin, I think it's called) in May 2014. We wanted to bring our Tesla Roadster (electric car). This hotel was the only hotel that had parking with an outlet. They made special accommodations for us by placing a chair next to the parking spot with an outlet. When we got there, a dude came right out to us and asked if we were the electric car and that we have a special space just for us. All we had to do was put the chair back in the space if we wanted to leave.

The room was AMAZING. It felt like a suite. You walk in and it's a little room with a couch and TV; which is separate from the bedroom. The bedroom has its own door. The place was very clean. The cleaning service was very good too.

Oh and the beds were EXCELLENT! Very comfortable! I believe they were temperpedic which is what I have at home. We felt so spoiled! They're also big (I think we had two queens).

Our view was awesome too. We were on the side so we got to see both the ocean and the street (which was really nice for seeing the cars go by on crusin week).

The pool and the hot tubs were very nice. I always wanted to stay at a hotel that has the rooms around the pool; which it is. It's a huge room with a place to get drinks, a huge pool, a hot tub, and two saunas. Outside there are two hot tubs, practically on the beach. The only problem with these is there is a board to obstruct the view of the ocean but if you sit up a bit, you can see it. That's what I always dreamed vacation would be!

The location is great too. There is a beer store right across the street. Also the food at the restaurant right next door as well as the restaurant across the street (the italian place) is great! The bus stops right in front of the hotel as well. The Freckled Prune (good donuts) is walking distance.

Oh, free wi-fi! All you had to do was find a connection and connect!

The only one very minor negative I would say is the elevators are quite slow. They take a long time to reach the floor, open the door, close the door, etc. Our room was on the third floor so we just walked. There are only five floors so walking isn't a big deal.

We will be staying at this place again, most definitely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janny M
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My 3 friends and I stayed at the Princess Royale Resort this past weekend for ocean city's annual cruise weekend....we were surprised with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom ocean front condo when we checked in! Talk about making the stay more exciting! The room was beautiful and I we were able to see dolphins swimming in the ocean from our ocean front balcony!! The staff is extremely friendly, the front desk staff was helpful with recommendations on places to eat and things to do in the area. We ate at Schooners (the on premise restaurant) after we checked in and it was very tasty. The overall experience was spectacular and I cant wait to book another vacation down in Ocean city and I will not be staying at any other resort other than the Princess Royale!

P.S. The beds are one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on while sleeping away from home and would definitely consider getting one of my own when im looking for a new mattress

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at the Princess Royale for a convention again this year. they have really mad a lot of improvements to the facilities. the rooms of course are great--suites with a full-sized fridge, and kitchen stuff. We have stayed here over the course of 10-12 years, and love coming back. Great time. We even stay here when we are not at our meeting!

Room Tip: i prefer ocean front when I can get it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincessRoyaleHotel, General Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Josie,

It was our pleasure hosting your convention again this year - you are part of a wonderful group that we look forward to having back each spring. Thank you for being a loyal repeat guest and for your comments. We indeed made many improvements this year to our guest suites and ballrooms that our guests should enjoy for years to come. Our latest enhancement debuting Memorial Weekend is our Sandbox Oceanfront Gazebo bar. Can't wait to have you back soon.

Michael Foelber
salisbury maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went for Mother's Day weekend with ages 4 to 80 .
We had two condos on 9 th floor, , each with two bedrooms and a separate kitchen and living room.
My daughter , her husband and two children shared one and my brother , his wife our 16 yr old and my husband shared the other. It was a little cramped but good one night .
Clean and comply. The down fall is the condos are not easy to get to . Two elevators and a maze was too much for my aging parents so we got them a one bedroom suite on 3rd floor .
Indoor pool was the high light for the kids , although it was a little chilly and pool bar closed .
Remember ......no entertainment , low life Resturant and bar . But perfect for kids .

Room Tip: If the indoor pool is your big deal then book a room right at the pool . I'm too old for the noi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really nice, large room and I loved the tempurpedic bed. Lots of hypoallergenic pillows as requested...perfect. Location right near the beach, perfect. Service was great, no complaints there!
But the minor stuff. Well......
The toilet paper needs an upgrade. I know that sounds silly, but for a resort charging over $100 per night off season, I kind of expected a nicer brand. The TP in our room reminded me of the kind used in a Youth Hostel I stayed in 35 years ago in Italy! Rough stuff....

And the shower was a bit weird. I turned on the taps and got it to the perfect temperature, but when I pulled up the shower lever, nothing came out. Finally I found a switch at the top of the shower head (not good if you're short) and I turned that. The shower came on, but it wasn't the temp I selected...it was really hot. I fiddled with it again and then it was fine. Maybe some directions?????

Room Tip: We had a room at the very end, overlooking the pool and with a clear view of the ocean through the w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Zisahmom,

Thanks for being our guest and your comments - I agree with your assessment of our TP as we just switched vendors this week to an upgraded product. I'm glad you enjoyed everything else and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Michael Foelber