“Best hotel in OC”

Princess Royale Resort
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Best updated condos in OC with best maid service, best indoor pool, best views, best customer service and best prices!!! Do yourself a favor and book this place for your next family vacation...The full updated granite kitchen, posture pedicure beds, modern motif in the rooms, open layout, walk in showers big enough for 3 toddlers and an adult to rinse at once after the beach...The list goes on and on!!! Ask for Dianne when making reservations...she is awesome!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank njtravelermomof4

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked through the door I was highly impressed to say the least. I have stayed at quite a few places in OC and this is my absolute favorite. The staff is very friendly and extremely accomodating. It is very clean and has everything you could possibly want. I look forward to staying there again. Thanks for a very enjoyable vacation!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Princess Royale Resort from Saturday June 14 to Monday June 16 and had a great couple days. I had been looking at this hotel for many years as a possible winter destination to meet friends because of the large indoor pool. My daughter has been ill for the past eight months and we needed a break since her last hospitalization. We really did not have the money for the weekend and my wife wanted to make a cheaper reservation but I convinced her that the PR had everything we needed for the weekend. We try to get a two room suite when we go anywhere where my 17 year old son can sleep on the sofa bed and my daughter can have a bed and my wife and I the other. There was a large indoor pool and a short walk to the beach so this hotel looked like it had everything we needed.

Well this was the best reservation we could have made. The Princess Royale is a beautiful property. We had some complications with my daughter and did not get down to Ocean City until 5:30 or so. The bellman was helpful and courteous. Check in was easy and fast. I must have mentioned that we were cerebrating our daughter being out of the hospital when I called in the reservation in the morning or maybe to the person checking us in, I am not sure when but we got a great surprise when we got to our room which I had booked a partial ocean view room and found out somebody had upgraded us to an ocean front room. The view was great, with the palm trees, beach and ocean right there. My 13 year old daughter who has seen the inside of too many hospital rooms was very excited.

The property was clean, the staff very friendly, the room was perfect and we all enjoyed the indoor pool and the very short walk to the beach. Everything we needed was at the hotel and we did not have to go anywhere. For a little bit more money we booked a bit of paradise for a day and half. My daughter and the rest of us did not want to leave but we had a fantastic time and would recommend the Princess Royale to anyone. Hopefully when my daughter is well in the future we can go back and enjoy the hospitality again. She is already asking when we are going to go again!

Thanks Princess Royale!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank John R
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife is self employed in the Financial Services field and I serve on several very active boards. It is very difficult for the two of us to find 3 days when we can get away and find time to spend only with each other. Our favorite spot is the Princess Royale Resort ocean front hotel in Ocean City, Maryland. We have been coming here for 17 plus years and the hotel looks as new today as it did the first time we stayed here. The large atrium with one of the largest indoor pools in Ocean City is so enjoyable with the sunlight pouring through the glass window wall from the Ocean. Every room has a full kitchen and you are only a few steps from the sandy beach and ocean. Large palm trees add an island flavor out your window or from their Schooners full service restaurant. They have a large parking garage and the entire staff is friendly and helpful. Beach rentals are available all summer for your chair or umbrella need.
We love their room service and often have breakfast delivered in the morning.

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, go for an Ocean Front Room and sleep to the sound of the waves and watch the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eleister
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my second stay at the PR and it was just a nice this time around. The facility is great and the service is top notch. The location is perfect for those not tied to the boardwalk scene and the rooms and grounds are kept amazingly clean.

I splurged on the king size bed with jacuzzi and was very pleased. Not only was the view amazing (the pictures out the patio doors still leave my friends in disbelief) but the way in / out from the beach was a piece of cake.

I am definitely making this my "one and only" place to stay in OC!!! Thank you PR!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emped0cles
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first trip to OC for our family of 4 and we were very pleased with our stay. We booked a Cabana Oceanfront room, which means it was on the first floor of the hotel. The rooms, suites actually, were huge and there was plenty of room for all 4 of us (mom, dad, 3 y.o, and 5 m.o.). It was great having a full kitchen and a living room, in addition to the bedroom. The hotel is right on the beach, which couldn't be more convenient, especially with all of the gear you need to bring to the beach when you have kids! It was great to be able to just walk down to the beach and come back to the room whenever we needed to. We also left our towels and beach toys out on the beach for a few hours and were pleasantly surprised to find that they were still there when we came back. The hotel was very clean and offered many great amenities, including an indoor pool and an arcade, which would be great for older kids! The rooms were very clean too and the beds were pretty comfortable for hotel beds. I would definitely recommend staying here if traveling to OC! I thought it was a very good value for an oceanfront property.

Room Tip: Book an oceanfront room. While all of the rooms have balconies, some of them actually overlook the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gadawggal
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First time to OC for my wife & I... (Fun "Get Away" for us Sunday thru Thursday)...
The Princess Royale (PR) was an excellent choice! We looked @ rooms @ about 6 or 7 places along the ocean on Sunday morning... None came close to the cleanliness of the PR!
Positives of the PR were... Nice big rooms...beds V comfortable...Ocean front rooms/view are amazing...biggest plus to me was the cleanliness of the entire facility! Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: 1) Kinda pricey for 2nd week of June...(almost $1,000 for 4 days/nights (Ocean Front) 2) Would have...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple