Princess Royale Resort
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$75
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$145
US$131
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$115
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$69
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$72
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$64
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$81
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$233
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$188
HolidayInn.com
2,918 results
All reviewsindoor poolocean frontconvenience storebedroom condoarcade gamesparking garageoff seasonfull kitchenhot tubbeach accessfamily vacationocean city marylandschooneratriumtubsbalconyboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The wife & i had a awesome stay at the Royal Princess resort the rooms were big & very clean there is a bar right before you walk onto the beach the staff was so pleasent & accomadating just a great place to stay our #1 choice for Ocean City Maryland also right next door is Laytons restaurant great breakfast spot.

Room Tip: we were pool side for $109 a night what a bargain
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family and I decided to do a weekend getaway to Ocean City and reserved a one bedroom oceanfront suite at the Princess Royale. I had suggested the Princess Royale as I had a nice experience with them a few years ago when I visited Ocean City. The location, far from the craziness of the Boardwalk, and family friendliness appealed strongly to us as we had a 3 year old (then) and this year will be bringing our now 7 year old, his 10 month old brother, and 11 month old cousin (who will be with her parents).

We were planning to leave to OC in the afternoon, but things kept coming up that prevented us from adhering to our original timeframe and we ended up leaving to OC close to 10pm at night. Thankfully, the children were all asleep. We arrived at Ocean City at 1AM, my sister arriving first with her family. We received a message from her that we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo. Our first reaction was "what?!" Our next reaction was "what?!" We were very tired and that was all we could muster at 1AM in the morning. We were very grateful though. The upgrade was very beneficial as now both families had separate rooms to be in and the space the condo afforded us allowed all to us to breathe and really relax.

I remember waking up the next morning and looking out at the ocean from the balcony and feeling what I should have felt on my week long vacation: relaxed. The two bedroom condo was huge. It came with a full size fully equipped kitchen (the cabinets had plates and glasses, drawers had utensils, and bottom cabinets had pots and pans), a full size dining room, living room, two bedrooms, and two baths. The master bedroom had two double beds; the second bedroom had a queen; and there was a queen pull out sofa in the living room.

The only downside was that the condo units were being renovated, so there were some remnants of the renovation still inside the condo - they didn't take away from the experience though. A drawback I just remembered is the condition of the restroom facility in the pool area. When I had to use it the facility was inundated with water, there was sand in the sink, the toilet seat was wet, and overall appeared quite unkept. I understand that guests were using it right after a pool or ocean dip, but I hope this can be looked into so other guests can feel comfortable using the restrooms should they need to and are unable to go to their rooms. Another downside is that we had to change rooms on Sunday because they were going to do maintenance on the rooms on Monday morning, and we ended up lugging our stuff from the North condos to the South condos. Not a major feat, but we had two little, wriggly babies with us. There were a few other glitches during the move from one condo to the next, but the hotel and the staff were all gracious and prompt to assist us from the front desk, to the security, and to the bellhops.

The South tower condo was newly renovated and the inside was beautiful. I love the window trim in the living room and the master bedroom. This condo is also ocean front and two bedrooms as well. The features in it were the same as the North Tower condo but, I feel it was somewhat smaller in size than the one we were in earlier.

Our family did enjoy themselves in the indoor pool, which was nice on Saturday as the weather outside was colder than expected, and windy. On Sunday, we spent a few hours on the beach that was just a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The beach in front of the hotel was not as packed as the ones near the Ocean City Boardwalk and also cleaner.

The staff at the Princess Royale, as stated in an earlier paragraph, were all great and attentive. They, and the Princess Royale hotel, made the weekend trip all the more memorable. What could've been a crazy weekend with two little babies on their very first beach trip ended up being a fantastic weekend. My 10 month old loved the sand, both he and his cousin hated the water, and the 7 year old enjoyed it all. We hope to be back to the Princess Royale next year, maybe reserve the condos for an entire week and have it as an annual beach trip for the family. Thank you for making another great impression on our family!

2  Thank nsyahmal
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Read the reviews as I always do when planning a trip and was not disappointed. This was my first trip to Ocean City so I was not sure what to expect in the way of accommodations. There were MANY hotels, motels etc to choose from, some seemed nice others not so great. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Nice lobby, free parking, right on the beach large room with separate living room and kitchenette with microwave and full size fridge. Bedroom was a nice size. This would have been great with kids; I was only there with my husband. Hotel also had a restaurant, small convenience store and washers and dryers on the floors.
The atrium indoor pool area was very nice again great for familes.
Cons: ridiculously small balcony, light didn't work properly in bathroom, toilet was slow to flush and while it was clean it could have been cleaner. Also the ability to rent chairs and umbrella for the beach would have been great. There is also a $1.00 plus tax room safe fee which is ridiculous in these times. If you want to be near the boardwalk and rides it's about 6 miles. I preferred the distance. Plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from. We only paid $119 per night plus tax. This was a great price for a hotel so nice and a room so big (stayed on a Monday night).
I would definitely go back if I returned to the area.

Room Tip: Side ocean view rooms have tiny balcony and little view, pool level rooms could be noisy, ocean view looked great, but I would opt for the side view rooms for the savings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed their last week and had a wonderful experience. Mary during the check-in process and Jamie during the check-out process were very helpful. The hotel is right on the beach and has an indoor swimming pool and one inside hot tub and two outside hot tubs. The swimming pool was very clean and it was a great place to relax after returning from the beach. We were in an ocean facing room and the view from the room was great. Our other friend had a swimming pool facing inside room and even from that room you had a view of the ocean since the swimming pool has a glass wall facing the ocean. All the rooms were suites that include a kitchen.

4  Thank Jagat M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First of all, this is not a five star hotel. I don't know who is putting down five stars for this hotel but they either have really low expectations or are not honest reviews. I have stayed in five star hotels around the world and this doesn't come close. The entire hotel smells like deodorizer…like the smell of car wash office.

We were given a room which must be the worst room in the hotel by location. Next to the arcade games and the pool. This would not have bothered us but we were unable to stay in the room due to a heavy smell of deodorizer and cleaning chemicals. They must have been trying to cover up something from the previous guest. It was literally burning our eyes in the bathroom. The couch was dirty with and the bed sheet had a hole. The tile in the bathroom floor was black from mildew. They need to take this room out of service. When we asked to move to another room they said the hotel was booked and there was nothing that they could do for us. Well, apparently they hadn't met my wife because after a series of not so nice phone calls we were moved to a nicer room…which still smelled like deodorizer but not as bad.

We ate at the bar and had a nice experience. The staff is friendly and the beach location is perfect. There are life guards on the beach in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area.
5  Thank DBWITT
PrincessRoyaleHotel, General Manager at Princess Royale Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear DBWITT,

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed our direct Ocean Front location with life guards on our beach and our friendly Ocean Front Schooners and Gazebo dining and bar staff. I apologize for the off smell in your suite. We recently installed new carpet and just cleaned and sealed the grout around the shower tiles - which both give off a temporary smell. The bathroom floor tiles are accented with grey colored grout. We look forward to hosting you again soon possibly in our more private direct Ocean Front suites or condos.

Michael Foelber