To be accurate I stayed here June '13. The reason behind a late posting is 1) Im new to trip advisor 2) I had reviewed on yelp (copied below) post trip and 3) because I was asked if I had ever stayed in OCMD- did I have any recommendations. I just had 1... where not to stay.
OK there are many reasons I wont be returning to Ocean City, MD but primarily I wont be returning because of this hotel. From the moment my group pulled up the service was God awful. Check in was at 4pm we arrived at 3pm. Our room wasn't ready so one would think we could have our car valeted and bags stored until our rooms were ready like at any hotel... but that was not the case. We had to park our own cars because we weren't allowed to check in while the rooms were being cleaned and we had to lug our bags around until they finally had our rooms settled. We situated ourselves at the out door bar which was pleasant. Hard to be mad at an ocean view and bar. The bartenders were very nice & were able to lighten the mood after the check in debacle. They have a restaurant and what looked like a buffet but we didn't really get a chance to partake. We had breakfast once on our 2nd day there, it was below average. Took forever to be served. A few people in my group ordered English muffins which weren't toasted and basically just grabbed out of the pack and thrown on a plate. My one girlfriend ordered cereal and it was the last thing to be served when should have been the easiest since it was in a ready made package.
Once we were finally were able to get up to our rooms I couldn't help but notice that this hotel is beyond outdated it had a mirrored ballroom feel straight out of The Shining, creepy. Nothing short of two dead twins on tricycles wouldn't have surprised me. The rooms themselves were a great size and very convenient with a living room and kitchenette. We had a partial ocean view balcony which was also a plus.
Overall our time in the hotel was limited because we were out and about. The time we did spend there wasn't exactly pleasant and the interaction with some of the staff which consisted of teenagers and a less than pleasant manager was beyond frustrating. I hope the other hotels in the area don't have the same issues but wouldn't be shocked there's an overall lax behavior down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you want it all in Ocean City the Princess Royale is where you will want to stay! If you are a first time visitor or a loyal repeat guest you will love our 2014 upgrades! All 310 suites feature brand new carpeting, furniture, wifi and all new heating & AC! And, our multi-million dollar renovations of all meeting and banquet space is breathtaking; even more perfect for your wedding, meeting, convention or reunion. Not only do we have the perfect accommodations for you but we also have the perfect rates for any budget; AAA, AARP, Military, Super Summer Savers including daily breakfast for up to 4 people, Rodney specials including half off or even FREE nights in the Summer and even our famous Welcome Coupon; which provides FREE Thursday or Sunday nights in the off-season when staying Fri and Sat at standard rates. We have 30 2 & 3 bedroom condos as well as 310 two-room suites including a bedroom with choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds featuring the incredible Tempur-pedic mattresses as well as living room with comfortable sleep sofa. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen including fridge w/ice maker, microwave and cook top. We have everything for the perfect getaway for couples, families and groups from 7 to 700! Be sure to check out Schooner's Oceanfront Restaurant, indoor pool w/tropical Atrium, saunas and hot tubs, convenience/gift shops, complimentary wi-fi access in all suites, fitness room, complimentary covered self parking and valet parking in July & August. Also in July & August we host a nightly All-You-Care-to-Eat Seafood Buffet in addition to Ocean City's ONLY live comedy show--back for summer of 2014 by popular demand Monday-Saturday at 9pm nightly! Also back for July & August 2014 are FREE movies on our Beach every Thursday night Be sure to visit our new Creative Day Spa to complete your trip to Ocean City with a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, couples massage, body butter ecstasy wrap and more! We are the prefect place to do it all-- or do nothing-- your choice! The Princess Royale is a SMOKE FREE environment for your comfort and pleasure. At the Princess Royale the only thing we overlook...Is the Ocean! Our staff is committed to exceeding your expectations and we look forward to serving your hospitality needs on your next visit to Ocean City! See you soon at the beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Princess Royale Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Royale Hotel Ocean City
- Princess Royale Ocean City Maryland