“Don't Believe the Haters” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Boardwalk

Quality Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
NY
“Don't Believe the Haters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My family and I have been staying at the Quality Inn Boardwalk for a number of years now. We have gone to other places from time to time, but always came back. The oceanfront efficiency rooms are great, plenty of room, always clean, as is the bathroom. The ocean views are breathtaking. Watching dolphins frolic from your room balcony in the morning is a wonderful way to start your day. As for price, I think the rooms are reasonable for a property on the ocean. The Jersey shore and other places are much more expensive during the high season, as are the Rehoboth hotels. And the oceanfront rooms are tiny. The only negative for us has been the restaurant. Very slow service every time we have been there, though the food is okay. I plan to stay here next summer as well.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank NyVioletcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Piscataway, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

NASTY!!!!.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Yes, many of the hotels in OC are older, but many have done updates to stay with the times. The photos on the website are so misleading. First off, our door barley closed which made us feel so safe..(NOT) and of course we had to have a drunk man banging on the door at 2am trying to get in swearing it was his room....great, we have a strong drunk man slamming into the door that is barley closed to begin with!! Then we walked into the room and noticed how old everything was, the couch and chair were falling apart, the two beds didnt even have bedskirts on them, exposing the nasty dirty ripped up boxsprings. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that "not all rooms come with bedskirts". Notice that the website does not have photos of the bathroom...thats becasue they are smatter than that. The bathroom has blue tiles from the 1970's and is falling apart. Our stay was middle sept. and a cold front came through. We couldnt get the heat to work so we once again called the front desk...only to be told that "heat wasnt available this time of year". I expressed my anger as it was to drop into the 40's that evening and I was told that they could bring me extra blankets...REALLY!!! It's freezing and raining and I cant use the heat!! Indoor pool was not heated! Even the hot tub was just a little hot. Parking is limited to one spot, yet the room holds four people, so I'm sure I'm not the first to want a second spot, which of course I was told that I couldnt get yet it was bike week and there were motorcycles in every inch of the parking lot....on the sidewalks...under the car port which was only to be used for drop off and pick up, so obviously we couldnt even pull our car up to pick up otheres in our party during the rain storms. Toliet paper and tissues are cheap, thin and rough. Tv is from the 1990's and barley works. Good luck getting on the elevators, they work half the time. This was a $200 a nite room that looks like a $79.99 a nite room. BAD, BAD, BAD!!! you've been warned..DONT TO IT!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank myhaleybug

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Allentown, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We have stayed here the last 3 years and loved it! Yes, it is a bit outdated and i do have to agree it is expensive. However, it is clean which is very important to me and the staff is excellent. I have never had any problems and every year we ask for the same room and get it no problem. We did have to stay one time during off season on the 1st floor and yes it was noisy but, we just were as noisy and laughed it off. The convenience of the location of the hotel we also love. We walk or drive our bikes everywhere. We always had good food & good service at the Oceanview and great drinks at the outside bar. I highly recommand. We always have an oceanview room and it's wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for the oceanfront and 6th floor if you want a beautiful view of the sunrise! 6th floor is perf...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy B
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was supposed to stay here for three nights with a convention. I stayed only one night and found another hotel. This hotel is very dated (as many of them here are) but it is right on the ocean and if you can get an upper floor room with an ocean view I'm sure it would be ok. I however was supposed to get exactly that and on check in was put on the ground floor "ocean view". The ocean was there but on the other side of the fenced in pool that blocked my view. The other problem with ground level here is the noise! Avoid this! I went back to the desk to inquire about a new room and was told there was nothing available but a side smoking room with no view. I took a look and this room was right out of the 60's , including the blue toilet and bath tub. And also no difference in price. I stayed the one night....with almost no sleep, and promptly found another hotel.
The worst part was the total lack of help from the staff. They didn't want to help me at all and didn't even offer n apology for the mix up. I definitely would not stay here again.
The pluses are great location and large rooms, but there are too many minuses, and many, many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground level. If you need ground level avoid the lobby area as the elevators, ind...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank djpepe
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at this Hotel for our Motorcycle Club Convention, Sept. 8-11, 2011. This hotel is average. It needs some updating though. It has a pool, which was NOT heated and a hot tub. The game room consisted of 4 games. The workout room has about 5 machines which all seemed broken.

We ate breakfast at the oceanview grill, which is in the hotel. AWEFUL!! Do not eat there! The hotel has 2 outdoor pools, which we did not have time to go in. They have a bar right on the boardwalk, which was ok.

We had some meetings in the Penthouse, which was also nice, but needs updating. The maids and people at the check in desk were all friendly. Overall we had a nice stay. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: be sure to choose an ocean view room!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank wildcat48
Richeyville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is the first time that we have stayed at the Quality INn Boardwalk and after reading some of the reviews I was a little worried but I can tell you that all of my worries dissappeared the minute I stepped into the hotel. The room was fantastic and so was the view from the 9th floor. People complained about small pillows but you had 4 pillows per bed and after sleeping on them they were perfectly fine. Even the refrigerator was on and cold when we got there with our groceries, some hotels turn off the refrigerators and when you want to put stuff into them, they are warm. The only little problem that we had was that the dishwasher in our room leaked a little. We were having trouble with the DVD player not working, callled the front desk and someone was up to our room to fix the problem within 10 minutes. It would also be nice to have an ice machine on each floor, when we needed ice we had to go to a different floor or the lobby. But the excercise did us good. Any time we needed extra towels all I had to do was ask and they were there. The in-door pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was perfect. Every employee we dealt with was more than helpful. I hope to always stay at the Quality Inn and next year we are planning a large family vacation and hope that we will be able to all get rooms together .

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel, as there is an lower and apparently older part of the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terri S
Northern New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Upon arriving, the room was clean and you can tell the bathroom had been updated. Great ocean view! For a family of 4, the room was big enough. Kitchen supplies adequate. The indoor pool and the hot tub were ok, but the outdoor pools could definetly use some much needed love and maintenance, expecially the larger outdoor pool. The hotel staff appeared to have no knowledge of the area and couldn't assist with any area questions. During our stay our safe malfunctioned. After waiting over 45 minutes for maintenance they corrected the problem. During our stay our tub had a draining issue, followed by our toilet backing up. Mainentance came to look at the problem, but had to call for outside resources. Once the plumbers came they literally had to remove the toilet to fix the issue. They said this was a typical drainage problem throughout the hotel. They mentioned that the toilets keep clogging because the hotel staff keep flushing the old soap down the toilet. It took over 2 hours for them to fix the problem. In the meantime they sent us to the room next door to use the bathroom as those guests had not checked in. That room also had the same drainage issue as it was connected to our bathroom. Once they fixed our problem theirs was also fixed as they were tied together. Overall the location was great. The maintenance staff that fixed the plumbing issue were very professional. The hotel staff overall couldn't give a crap.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family