“Budget beach family holiday hotel”

Quality Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a tired property but it's perfect for a budget beach family holiday.

The room was huge and there was a balcony facing the beach.

A good sized galley kitchen, TV (with dodgy reception and limited channels), two beds of average comfort, clean bathroom with a good shower. The towels were thin and the toiletries very basic.

Free onsite parking is a plus.

It was clean and tidy, which is sometimes all you need.

Room Tip: Room 310 was right near the elevators and there was a bit of noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ThePackedBag
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Boardwalk

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I had reserved two rooms with kitchenettes, ocean front. We arrived early (1:30 pm). The Manager at the desk was a very unfriendly lady. I asked if we could check in early and she replied "absolutely not. Check in time is 3:00 pm. Give me your phone number and I'll call you at 3:00 when the room is ready. Then you can park your car and check in." My grandson, unknown to me, had already asked a desk clerk for the parking sticker and check in. He gave the stickers and replied that the room was ready and we could proceed on up. The hotel is old and needs repairs. The elevators did not work well and one was stuck all the time. A long wait to get an elevator. Our first room's door lock did not work. The air conditioning was off and the clock and phone did not work. In the evening, at 11:00 pm, we called the desk for assistance again, which brought a maintenance man who tried to fix the electrical problems. The result was that the door lock blew up with sparks flying. We then were moved to another room. The second room had an air conditioner set on high and we could not adjust it. These rooms were side ocean view, not ocean front as requested. Best part of the hotel are the beds - very comfortable and kitchenette was adequately stocked. Convenient for a family with kids.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elisabeth K
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It suited our needs as far as location, amentities etc.
A warning to parents with small children. The outdoor baby pool was now filled in:(
Not so great when you have babies or toddlers. That would be the only reason I may not return next year:(

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank babyblueize314
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great view! We stayed ocean front in a King Premier 8th floor. The room looked like it had been upgraded since my last visit. Nice couch and nice big flat screen TV. Room was clean, but a pot in the cabinet needed washed so I washed them all. Got there early but only had to wait a short time for our room and got in an hour before normal check in of 3:00. The bad news was not near enough luggage carts for the 170 rooms. Only 10 carts- had to wait and then found someone leaving their room to get a cart from them. The elevators were very slow. During peak times of the day long wait. We also had a fire alarm go off twice in one night. Thank the lord they were false alarms, but I have to give the Hotel credit they gave use a free breakfast for all the hassle. And the breakfast at their restaurant was really good! Over all for the money I’d give them a B+ (I’m a hard grader) and would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Ocean Front is the way to go (but more money). Higher floors like 8th you hear the Ocean and knocks...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carusta123
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Kids friendly, My Son loves it. If he's happy I'm happy.
My wife and I are very pleased with the service.
We'll be coming back in August.

Well done.

P.s Parents, there is a bar next to the swimming pool ;-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julio A
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We have been staying at this hotel one or more times annually for over thirty years The upper Boardwalk location is ideal, and the facilities and especially the service of the hotel staff are excellent. We have also stayed at several other similar facilities in the general area and elsewhere in Ocean City, and we believe that, although no good hotel in OC is inexpensive, the Quality Inn Boardwalks is the best value for the price paid , and it remains our first choice in Ocean City. We would highly recommend it to other travelers and plan on visiting there again this summer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank PaulS21502
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick get-a-way, we found it!! We paid for a standard no view room, when we arrived, we'd been upgraded to Ocean front, Wow is all I can say. Does the hotel need some paint? Most do. The room had 2 double beds, a full kitchen which we didn't take advantage of, but the room was great. The view was awesome, the safe in the room didn't work, but that didn't really matter to us. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple