“Left after one night”

Quality Inn Boardwalk
Ranked #79 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We left after one night. This hotel was just not up to our standards. Walking to our room I didn't even think we would stay one night because it felt so run down. We were in the 6 floor. The hallway to get to our room had about 4 elevations and water pooled in the crevices and dirt and muck had pooled there..yuck. No one bothered to clean any of it or wipe anything down... I had low expectations on the quality of the room.

When we walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The room felt clean and nice. But it really was low quality. Our bathroom was nice... Really nice tile...but the maids hadn't wiped the window sill in probably the last 5 guests and after I took a shower I saw that the last guest had written a message and obvisouly the maid had not cleaned the glass. YUCK!!! Our sliding glass screen door was sitting IN our room and our Queen bed head board didn't quite fit the very tiny small full beds. And FORGET trying to put someone on the pull out couch unless they like laying directly on springs. Now this being said....the room was 300% better than the rest of the hotel. That indoor pool and hot tub were disgusting. The yellow foam floating I there was you much for me to take. I am sorry but old is one this...dirty is another. When I went in the ladies room when we arrived and the soap dispensers were pulled apart and it was the same way at 6 pm and the cleaning people had just been there and did nothing about it that just shows that cleanliness is not a priority to this hotel. We left and went next door to the holiday inn. What a difference!

So I didn't even mention that the one night we were there the old door lock broke and we couldn't get in our room...neither could maintenance for 30 minutes. They spent 30 minutes trying to get in and another 2 hours trying to fix it. It never did work right. So our kids really couldn't use the door and it never latched securely. We received a 20% discount in the one night we stayed because of issues we experienced. But that really doesn't replace our evening...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Judy H
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Boardwalk

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Just old and they try to referbish it....however is on the referb is cheap. Mixing old and new just does not work. "Cannot Polish a turd" Don't get me wrong its not a dump just not $300 per night. Our door was broken and waited an hour for maintnenace to get it open. Then them fixing it another hour. The screen door was laying in the floor for the slider. Pull out bed even the kids don't want to sleep on it! Just warning ya before you get your hopes up. I feel the reviews were misleading so I'm putting it out there. I would say slightly below average for all. Staff, maintenence, appearance, parking.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week. What made us choose this hotel is that we had a discount on all Choice Hotels, plus we were looking at a oceanfront and a room for 5 which is hard to find in this area.

We really loved the location directly on the boardwalk and the ocean and a little bit higher than the heart of Downtown which is better (I think) as it is certainly more quiet...

The hotel is relatively clean and the room as well. My only negative comments are that the hotel really needs an update! Old appliances, old furniture, old wallpaper, etc. And the elavators are too slow.

Overall, we liked our stay but we would look at another hotel if we come back to Ocean City.

Room Tip: Higher floor for the view ;)
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Let me just say that I have been going to Ocean City, MD since I was a little girl. I know what prices to expect and I know what I want in a Boardwalk hotel/motel. The Quality Inn is a staple on the Boardwalk and our location was DIVINE! We were on the bottom floor with a walk out patio that led directly to the pool and boardwalk. It was heaven. I was thrilled that though I know the hotel to be older, upkeep and maintenance and renovations have been made consistently. The pools, all three of them, are LOVELY. I am NOT a pool person and they were inviting and well maintained. The front desk staff was EXCELLENT. They were attentive and prompt to take care of requests and courteous and friendly. With all that said, I am NOT happy with the housekeeping staff at all. I paid the usual HIGH price to have the convenience of the staying on the Boardwalk AND a hotel, not a condo. I wanted DAILY housekeeping that should have included refreshing my beds and towels and vacuuming. I DID NOT GET THAT! The housekeeper would knock on our door at 9 and we would tell her that we were leaving for the day in about 15 minutes. She would say that she would come back when we were gone and yet when we returned, NOTHING had happened with our room. No new towels, no made beds, no vacuuming, NOTHING! As the days wore on, I got more and more upset about the lack of effort put into our housekeeping. Yes, it was an efficiency and NO we are not slobs. I expected a bed change every other day and made beds daily. Finally, my mother complained to the front desk and the night housekeeping manager came and changed our sheets and took care of us (shout out to TRACY). NOT A HAPPY WOMAN right here. If I wanted to have to do it myself, I would have rented a condo. If the staff makes a change and the day time housekeeper gets replaced, this would be a GREAT hotel. Until then, I will not give it anything more than an average review. Oh, we were on the bottom floor. If she is not in charge of the upper floors, stay there!

2  Thank Armymomof3
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Quality Inn Boardwalk was a fantastic oceanfront hotel. Every Quality Inn employee we encountered was very friendly and helpful.The rooms were very fresh and clean. The beds and pillows are perfect and comfortable. We loved the pool and the Tiki bar . The water was so clean refreshing. The location is perfect for walking to restaurants and shopping. We will definitely use this hotel again when vacationing in Ocean City, Maryland.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms are a little quieter.
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Every summer we have day tripped it down to one of our favorite oceans, Ocean City, Maryland. This year we decided to stay over a few nights with one of our grandchildren and just plop ourselves in one place. Plan ahead is the motto in booking most vacation spots and a room in OC is not any different, just a word to the wise.
We spent a bit extra for an ocean front room with a balcony and that is exactly what we got. The room was very clean with two double beds, kitchenette, table with fold out leaves, the usual Wifi and latest television. Kitchen was stored with service for four, glasses, cups etc. Fry pans etc. A dishwasher is also included There is a toaster, fully stocked coffee pot(if you need more, just ask) microwave and full sized refrigerator.
Truth be known, I was doing a minimum of cooking so only took for our breakfasts, cereal, milk juice, snacks etc. We treated ourselves the last morning to breakfast out, but eating on the balcony, and then hitting the beach/pool or sites was our aim. We never sampled the in-house restaurant so no comments. It looks lovely but we were sampling all of the amazing goodies on the boardwalk. Basically eating our way through OC!!
This part of OC still has a boardwalk and is considered downtown up to 28th street, we were at 17th. Our room was on the third floor and had a great view. One of their two outdoor pools was below us and the ocean was right across the boardwalk. There is a pullout couch if needed, a comfy chair with ottoman and plenty of outlets for any electrical gear. Yes, some of the furniture looked a bit worn but clean and without tears, it is the beach after all. The beds were very comfortable and everyone had good sleep.
When you travel, there will always be unexpected problems, but the key is how the problem is handled. The ONLY problem we had was when we checked in, the deadbolt on the door was totally broken. I called the front desk and they said that they would send someone. I thought great, no doubt no more rooms with views and they can't fix this. Within ten minutes a very nice repair man from the hotel showed up, saw that the lock was badly damaged, within another ten minutes he fully replaced the lock, made sure our keys worked, apologized for any inconvenience and left. If you travel a lot, you know that this kind of service was a big deal. It meant a lot to us and we lost no time in our stay. Kudos to him and to his manager for having such nice and helpful service.
There is also an indoor pool that stays open until 12am and I can vouch for the constant cleaning of outdoor pools at night etc outdoor pools are closed at reasonable time of night and quiet.
Will we return there, for sure. Will we go for the same view again, of course.
Is this hotel totally perfect, no, but we did not find a thing wrong with it for our stay, and to be able to take in the ocean breezes any time day or night is priceless.
PS:Check with the front desk the morning of going out to any of the parks, ie: Jolly Roger. They have great discounts for guests and my husband save a lot of money on a two hour stint at the go cart racetrack there.He and our grandson had a great time.
PS2: Keep your car parked and take the B bus that runs 24/7 down the main road to any part of the boardwalk you wish to go to. $3.00 for a day long pass is more than worth this minimal fee. Kudos to OC for offering such a treat. We were able to go without a car for three days!

Room Tip: For a great view ask for a room with balcony above the first floor and with full view, no partial
3  Thank Edith C
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say! You get what you pay for! I booked online and got a great price considering the location and time of year. When booking it said no balcony which was fine since I was only there for one night. It failed to say I would be staying in a shoebox ! The room was so small, it was laughable! I didn't mind to much because again I was there only one night! Overall it was clean and comfy! We were right on The boardwalk and took the tram down to pier instead of fighting and paying for parking. There was not much parking at the hotel which was rough but we didn't move much. The reasturant had a nice breakfast and the pool was clean! There are two pools outside so it was not over crowded. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014