“Location”

Ranked #77 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Horseheads
“Location”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect. Away from the busy section of boardwalk. The shops tend to be a little nicer at this end. That being said, it is an average hotel. The price was great for summer on the boardwalk. But if you are looking for upscale this is not the place. The rooms are clean and have a kitchenette. The beds are comfy. But it all needs to be updated especially the bathroom. There are only 2 elevators so if you are there on a busy week be prepared. We took the steps a few times. We did like the cute beach bar. Nice to have a drink and look out at ocean

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sillygirl61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to Ocean City for a romantic getaway alone. The hotel was in the perfect location -- the hotel is located at the exact point where the boardwalk starts to get lame. We only needed to travel in one direction down the boardwalk to see all we wanted to see. We were close enough to everything and far enough down the boardwalk to avoid late night noise.

The room was small -- smaller than hotel rooms in NYC, but the room we rented was one of the smallest rooms in the hotel (and we paid less because it was small so we were expecting it). The décor was somewhat modern -- not at all my "style" (think pink and baby blue), but modern enough. The bed was very comfortable. One dresser had a drawer that did not seem to be placed correctly in the track. We tried to fix it, but it appeared to be broken.

The room was advertised to have a fridge and microwave, but there was no microwave in the room when we arrived. I called the front desk and the front desk staff was very apologetic. Someone brought a brand new microwave within 5 minutes so I felt the hotel staff was responsive. The microwave/fridge area is really nothing more than a microwave placed on top of a mini-fridge (see pic). It would have been nice to have a counter to put food on or a sink for food.

The hotel was crawling with unparented children running wild. I am not sure if this is an issue in Ocean City in general or this hotel in particular, but there is a patio bar at the entrance of the hotel and it seemed that several parents spent the day drinking there as their kids ran wild in the hotel pool area. As an example -- one day around 5, my boyfriend and I were cold in the ocean and decided to come in to use the hot tub. When we got to the inside pool/hot tub area, there were THREE adults in the room and 27 children. (I counted). Most of the kids appeared to be around the ages of 8-13 so I guess they were old enough to be on their own, but they were being rambunctious and rowdy as kids will do when there is no adult supervising. There were 13 kids in the hot tub itself and we attempted to use the hot tub too, but they were splashing and it felt uncomfortable and not at all romantic to be a couple in a hot tub full of someone else's kids. Later that day, I saw one of the kids run up to a woman I had seen sitting at the bar most of the day. He seemed to be asking her for the room key.

The hotel is reasonable given the location and price. I certainly would stay here again IF I BROUGHT MY KIDS. In fact, I am planning a stay for next month with the entire family. But, if I came for a romantic getaway, I would certainly try some of the other hotels.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the side that are much cheaper but have no view of the ocean. We stayed in one o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Corissa R
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We've been coming here every year for the last 5 years. Love it every time. It's in the higher end of the price range compared to others in the area but you get what you pay for. Nice rooms, clean, great location and plenty of amenities. Looking forward to coming back again next year!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank TonyP100
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Love the location was so excited to see our room until the front desk lady said "your room is tiny just a warning the bed is very small, as i told her there are 3 of us! They said they have no upgrades available even though we were originally told we would have a 2 double bed bigger room! We got a very good deal being someone in the family is a manager in a diff state, but I'm just sad that the bed is so uncomfy that even for cheap it's not worth it for me :( I would have paid more to be guaranteed a good nights sleep in nice sheets. The bed looks and seems very clean besides of some damp feeling in the mattress and in between sheets

• Stayed July 2014
pittsburgh
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently, our family of 6 spent 3 nights at the Quality Inn Boardwalk in OCMD. We are frequent visitors to OCMD but this was our first stay at the Quality Inn. In the past, we have booked more expensive hotels. We chose this hotel because of its location, price and the fact taht one room could accommodate our whole party.

We were delightfully surprised with our experience. All staff treated us maginificently. Our room was extremely clean and had working amenities that could accommodate us all. The indoor and outdoor pools are very well maintained. There is free coffee in the lobby and an outdoor bar with great happy hour specials. Because of the location on the boardwalk, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The carpets and rooms are somewhat "worn", but we experienced this in every hotel (including the expensive ones) we've visited and recognize the challenge in keeping things new in a beachfront hotel.

For the price, this hotel was the best value we've had in OCMD.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a pullout sofa and a full kitchen. It had a private oceanfront balcony and the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank pghot
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our second year in a row at this hotel because it was such a great location on the boardwalk oceanfront with two outdoor pools and indoor pool and hot tub. Our stay was cut short due to our daughter's unexpected illness and hospital visits/emergency surgery and the staff reimbursed us for the unused nights without us asking for a refund. This is a top notch operation with very very friendly staff. Except for some paint chips on some doors, it is well kept and clean and lobby/most rooms are remodeled. The lobby is nicely updated and fresh. The full kitchen room is more that adequate for dining in/cooking which is nice if you have 3 small children and don't want to go out every meal. We got the same room 210 this yr by simply asking after the first night (we switched as 210 is bigger with bigger kitchen) so we could be lower closer to the outdoor bar music and people watching while on the deck. Great place for families. The beds are a little soft but not awful. Everything is clean. The one pool this yr now has a zero entry/beach style walk in which is great for small children. Parking is tight during summer peak and overflow is across the street. I think the overflow is more convenient since the spots and aisles are wider and its right across the street plus you don't have to drive around in a tight aisle looking for parking spaces that are rarely available anyway.

Room Tip: Any "10" (ie 210 310, etc is bigger with bigger kitchen area and closer to the center for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank James M
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my sister in law and nieces. I love the location of the hotel and the clean and comfortable rooms. We had a partial view to the beach that had a nice balcony. It's not the fanciest hotel in OCMD but we were happy with our stay. Only negative is that the pull out sofa mattress was absolutely horrible. You could feel every spring in this mattress and the hotel really needs to update those. I did sleep on the sofa without the mattress and was able to sleep.
Other reviewers complained about teenagers taking over the hot tub and inside pool, unfortunately I did see this and kept clear of the pool area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family