“beautiful Hotel Friendly and helpful Employees”

Quality Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #36 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The hotel was beautiful, loved the tropical decor.Our grandson loved the birds, fish, and the beautiful pools. They had one indoor pool with two hot tubs, and a nice outdoor pool with bar service.I had many questions because this was our first visit, and the front desk people were wonderful,informative, and very patient.The complimentary fresh fruit and newspaper every morning was a nice touch.Would difinately stay there again and recommend this hotel to friends. Judy Evan

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Huntress7

Reviewed 24 June 2011

This hotel is not as wonderful as some of the reviews will have you believe. Unfortunatelly, we went by the reviews and I wish we had stayed somewhere else. The room that we had was room 301.......beautiful view of the ocean which was the best part of this room! The room was small - not at all like the spacious pictures on line. The room we were in needed updated really bad! The room was clean, but not as clean as a Mom of little kids would like it to be and after the first day, it seems like housekeeping gave up and just made our beds. The bathroom was really bad (and it smelled like mold or musty or a damp basement!) The water in the shower kept changing from freezing cold to scalding hot - I was very worried about our kids being in there! Also on the second day, the toliet paper holder broke and they never fixed it. The screen to the balcony also broke and my husband fixed it himself thinking it would take too long to wait for someone else to do it. The refrigerator worked, but everything kept getting wet because water kept dripping from the freezer and we didn't even have anything in the freezer! The beds were not very comfortable although the kids didn't seem to mind them. The Atrium is nice and the kids got a kick out of the birds. The indoor pool was very cold and we didn't go in the outdoor pool. The hot tub was VERY hot and the sides of it were stained so it looked dirty. My husband said it probably wasn't because when he sat on the side of it with our boys he said that he could smell the chlorine. All in all, I would have to say we took it up the ol pooper because the room was definatelly not worth the money we spent to stay there (219.00/night) and now that I know better, I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank momofboys2005
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend June 18-20, 2011. The room was clean, but the kitchen area and bathroom are badly in need of updating (rust, leaking spigots, drop ceilings). I had the worst shower in my life, the water fluctuated every couple of seconds between scalding and freezing. The whole hotel looks older and a little worn out, but the worst part of staying there for me was the parrots in the atrium. They squawk and shriek really loudly from 8:00 a.m. to about 8:00 p.m. - its deafening in the atrium/bar area, and you can still hear them in your room. With all of the large hotels in Ocean City, I wouldn't stay here again -

1  Thank merz1995
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn Oceanfront @ 54th St in OC from June 12 - 15, 2011. The hotel provided everything we expected for a couple days at the beach. For me, its all about location and convenience from room to beach and this hotel is as close to the beach as you can get. Its also small enough that you dont have to navigate through a maze of corridors, hallways and elevators to get from your room to the beach like you do in many of the mega hotel/resorts. That is why I prefered to stay on the bottom floor, room 116, second room from the end and adjacent to the side entrance door. Parking spots are just a few feet from the side door, which made loading in and out a breeze. The bottom floor rooms are actually elevated up 7-8 steps from the sandy area right below the balcony which does have a slight ocean view despite the sand dunes situated between the hotel and the beach. This is very convenient since we just left the sliding glass doors to the balcony unlocked and were able to come in and out of our rooms throughout the day without ever having to go inside the hotel or ride an elevator. We just locked all our valuables in the safe and closed the drapes and really did not worry about anyone coming in the room and staeling our tub of popcorn. Nice to have a full sized fridge and kitchenette with all the basics. A/C worked well, bathroom functioned properly, although not roomy enough for two people at once. 2 double beds were adequate, I had to ask front desk to send maids to flip mattress after first night and that helped my back a little. The springs in my mattress were shot and very squeaky, it needs to be replaced. Its a shame that many hotels dont buy higher quality mattresses and have them replaced when they are worn out. It was evident that this was a very low quality mattress. My wife did not have any complaints about her mattress so it could have just been that one. The TV and remote functioned properly although it needs to be upgraded from the big box tv's of the 1980's to a flatscreen HDTV commonly found in hotels today. It would also be helpful to have a channel line-up guide printed out on one sheet and laminated for all guest rooms. The on-screen scroll guide did not always work and frankly is just way too slow in our fast-paced instantaneous electronic world. I made this suggestion to a front desk clerk and she thought it was a great idea and would pass it up the chain of command. Very small details, I agree, but its the little things that separate a good hotel from a great hotel. The pool area was very refreshing, perfect water temperature. pool towels provided, lots of lounge chairs, and tables with umbrellas for snacking. Nice landscapping with flowers, bushes, and some trees to block the late afternoon sun. One day, the outside pool bar was open with some musice playing and beverage service. It would be a bonus if the hotel provided a few floats to relax in while in the pool.
The one thing that caught my attention and really needs to be addressed by the maintenance staff is the issue of cigarette butts and trash. I believe the entire hotel is non-smoking, so most guest smokers go out on thier balconies to smoke. When finished, they just use the sandy area below as their ashtray. Between the back of the hotel where the lower floor balconies are and the sand dunes, there is a a 20-foot wide area of sand with 10 palm trees planted, which adds a nice island feel to the surroundings. All throughout this sandy area between the palm trees are thousands of cigartees butts which I had the displeasure of walking through many times a day during our stay. In some areas, it looked as if entire ashtrays with dozens of butts were dumped in one pile here and there. I saw several employees watering the plants nearby, but never did I see any of them pick up any trash or rake up any cigarette butts. May I suggest to the hotel manager to furnish each balcony with a "cigarette tower" for extinguishing the smokes and to include raking up all cigartees butts in the sandy area as part of the daily maintenance routine. When I visit next time , I will report back on the progress that has been made in this area. This will really enhance the aesthetics of the hotel and convey an image that an effort is being made to counter the pollution made by thousands of sloppy and inconsiderate guests. My overall impression of this hotel is positive and I would not hesitate staying here again. With a little fine-tuning and addressing some of the details this could become my favorite hotel in OC. It has the perfect location, a touch of charm, it just needs to be brought into the 21st century with some modern updates and a litlle TLC here and there to realize its potential. Please go and follow up with your experience for all to read. Happy Beachin' 2011 !
Eric D. Alexandria, VA

1  Thank esdugo
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here with some friends for a golf outing. The grounds and the beach were very clean, convenient for walking to drinking spots we frequented. Theres a bar/cafe on site which was great for breakfast before tee times, basic menu but convenient. The hotel has a bunch of parrots and other exotic birds that get pretty loud after 8am it seemed and yes they will wake you up if you want to sleep in after a long night of partying, The indoor pool and hot tub were very nice, The hole Atrium concept was pretty cool and the birds are beatiful but loud. The price was very reasonable for a hotel on the beach in oceancity, had no issues with staff and the front desk was courteous. Will return next year with my golf outing

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will&Michelle
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The hotel is great. Beautiful. Right on the beach. Great location. Close to Seacrets. Cleaning staff was mean. Front desk staff rude! Expect to make your own bed and take out your own trash.

1  Thank guinn777
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Well my comments here will serve to back up what most reviewers have said about this place. Its really a good deal in a town where you can expect to shell out $$$, in season. We stayed here the week before the Memorial Day rush, and it proved to be an ideal time. Crowds were light, beach was mostly empty... but most important of all - rates were CHEAP. The hotel experience will satisfy all but the most jaded or snobby of travelers. Yes its an older property with a boxy motel design, but care has been taken to dress up the grounds and interior atrium, which is really quite charming. Our oceanfront room was clean, the appliances newer and in good working order. If anything, some fresh paint and new carpets would do a lot for the appeal of the rooms. Same with balcony furnishings - a bit old and dirty. But bed was very cozy, A/C kept room comfortable, and it was a large and bright room. As for activities - if you have kids, they'll have a great time at the two pools, and will get a kick out of the atrium area with the live tropical birds, fish, and turtles. I couldn't keep my 4 year old out of there!!! :-)

Room Tip: Go for an oceanfront efficiency room at all costs.