“Osm”

Quality Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place wonderful staff, planning on coming back next yr!!

The view was the best...
The birds and pond was a great accent!

We will be telling our friends and family all
about the hotel...

It was a great surprise that washing cloths was free...that was a nice thing!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kathyjo1969
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Oceanfront

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked this hotel for 3 days for a wedding that was at the lighthouse sound. It was close and price was great. Hotel had so much to offer. inside and outside pools, inside hottubs. all well maintained. a cafe and tropical birds, turtles, and fish, our balcony room was beautiful, had a little kitchenette which was nice. staff were all very nice and helpful. beach was right out the back doors and over the dune and bam your there! I am a smoker and this is a nonsmoking hotel but they had benches right out front to smoke which was nice. I would stay there again. thanks for making out trip so nice.

Room Tip: ocean view is awesome
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really did not like how they treat their parrots. You go on a family vacation to relax your mind but instead I was worried and disturbed by the treatment of the poor animals. It really was abusive. The parrots are meant to enhance the image and experience at the hotel but they really diminish it. We most likely won't be staying here again. Once someone sees the parrots I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way. The birds show blatant signs of trauma and stress because there is no protection, there is no trained professional making sure they are not being injured, fed foreign items, or abused by strangers. I saw children sticking their fingers in the cages as well. The bird's chests are bare because they pluck their own feathers due to trauma. It is not humane, painful to see and know that my money is allowing this abuse to continue.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Isabelle M
Lara B, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

I am sorry that you were disturbed by our birds. The birds are part of our family and have been for many years. We do have someone that is here on a daily basis to take care of the birds and they are seen regularly by our veterinarian. One of our birds Wizar has plucked most of her feathers and the doctor does say it is stress related. We took Wizar to a private home for almost a year and she continued to do the same thing. We all missed her so much we decided to bring her back to the hotel (bare chest and all). She enjoys the attention we all give her. I would have been happy to talk to you while you were here to put your concerns to rest as well as introduce you to our bird keeper.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I woke up on the morning of June 12th my 40th birthday & decided to be adventurous & drive to ocean city. I’ve never been there so I took a chance on just strolling into any hotel & booking a room for the weekend. Luckily as I drove by the Quality Inn I just felt like that was the place for me so I checked in & was very pleasantly surprised by two queen sized beds, a full working kitchen, & a patio deck with an ocean view. The pricing was perfect for me & I got more than what I paid for. I was very happy with my stay & I look forward to coming back very soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Taneesha Cultur... C
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for our sand soccer tournament group. I asked for an early check in. Our friends were able to, but our room was not ready. After waiting almost an hour I asked again and they put us in a different room. I was fine with that. There was a squished bug in the carpet. There was a live creepy crawler I made my husband kill and flies were everywhere in this hotel. I was a little grossed out. I wore my flip flops everywhere. I was in room 130 . The location of the room was nice. Close to everything. How the room was set up was nice. The inside of the refrigerator door the bar for the shelf was broken . The location of the hotel is great. The kids enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools. The food in the cafe was way overpriced, but decent. The hotel needs to be updated. Carpets need to be cleaned. I didn't want to complain too much to the front desk. Not sure if I would stay here again. I think I would rather spend a little bit more and stay at a better place. The room was kinda like motel worthy. Not very happy, but too tired to call and complain the whole visit. The only plus was that the people at the bar were very friendly and the pools and birds kept out kids occupied .

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Liz Z
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Has been since October when we last visited and couldn't wait to get back. Always a great stay. The atrium is a great draw,beds super comfy,fabulous venue. Lobby coffee is not recommended. Fruit at front desk ad paper too.

Room Tip: Choose a bar side room rather than pool end.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HonestGuyDelaware
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked this through AAA -- what a disappointment! Room 413 smelled like cigarette smoke, we complained and they refunded our reservation.

The atrium smells like an explosion in a chlorine factory and it's filled with cages of sickly-looking parrots.

Would NOT recommend this place.

Room Tip: Check your room before you schlep your bags to it -- the one we had reeked of cigarettes.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple