“Great location”

Quality Inn Oceanfront
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights last week of august. Hotel is older low rise with oceanfront rooms with balconies (right on the beach) 2nd to 5th floors have ocean views. Rooms are good size for 2 people. Most rooms have full kitchen (frig stove microwave dishwasher sink toaster coffee maker dishes utensils). Our frig had broken temp control and froze some of our food but, they replaced frig and reimbursed us for ruined produce. Room was fairly clean except for dust on top of frig. The birds in the atrium can be noisy at times but didn't really bother us. The two pools (indoor and outdoor) were well maintained and cleaned each morning. Parking on site is free and ample and luggage carts are provided. Only one elevator (slow) can be a wait during check in and out. We were on 2nd floor so used stairs mostly. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall pretty much what we expected.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gail W

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We were very excited to have an ocean front room; paid more but that was okay.
Got to the room; we were on the first floor and looked at some sand from our room.
Went to desk; she said we had a beach front room. We said that's not what we booked. We booked ocean front; showed her the papers where it said ocean front, and this beach front was not acceptable to us. She said "Not responsible for third party booking." No other rooms available. We can get our money back and go look elsewhere. We were stuck!! Killed two roaches; Orkin man came immediately. Divider curtain filthy... they need to do an update on this building. Indoor pool and 2 hot tubs loaded with young kids and no adult supervision. Atrium very nice; but noisy. (We also asked for a "quiet room".) So much for a nice relaxing evening with an ocean view from your balcony!!

Room Tip: If you want ocean front; call the hotel itself and ask for the upper level floors. Have them confirm...
1  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very low key chill hotel. Very clean, great staff and nice property. Older, but well kept. Comfortable beds! We had room towards outdoor pool. Will book same room next year! On top floor, so you must take stairs, just three flights, but worth the large outdoor seating area and great sunsets over the bay. The other balcony Over looks inside of hotel and indoor pool. Yes, two outdoor spaces from back rooms....
Right in the center of all the actions....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunmon
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and overall I would give it 3.5 rating if I could, but I will stretch my rating to a 4 because Tripadvisor doesn't have the ability to give a half point rating. Lets start with the cost. The cost was reasonable(but still not a bargain by any means) for Ocean City for a hotel on the beach. About a month ago I stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn which is about 8 blocks from this place, and when I compare the two hotels, this was a better hotel at a cheaper price. In addition when comparing the price of this place to similar hotels in Ocean City it offered the best price for a hotel with a decent rating.

The location of the hotel is great if you are planning to go to Seacrets which is within walking distance of the hotel. In addition Macky's Bayside a good place to eat and view the sunset is right across the street from the hotel. The hotel is not on the boardwalk, which is about 1.5 miles south, so you will have to either drive or take the bus(which is convenient) to the boardwalk.

The room was a nice large size good enough to hold 5 people comfortably. The room had 2 double beds and a sofa bed. In addition, the room was an efficiency with a full size refrigerator, and stove and a microwave. My room was located in the atrium building so I had no ocean view, but I did have a view of both the indoor and outdoor(from outside my door) pools.

The room was clean enough although not spotless, but the sofabed had no sheets or pillows on it, we had to take the some from the two double beds. You would think that the maid would have picked up on this after day one and realized we were using the sofabed and provided sheets for it, but this did not happen unfortunately. Not a big deal however being that the kids were using it.

I would say that is place is good for Ocean City, and I would stay here again if I returned to Ocean City, but overall keep in mind that hotels in Ocean City are not up to the standard you will find in many other places.

2  Thank Ron-from-NY
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

So I will start off this review by saying that my family are loyal guests at this hotel for over 30 years. It's the place my Dad's parents brought him when he was a kid and he has continued the tradition with us because we love it so much.

Normally I would give this place 5/5 stars but this year there were a few things that did bother me and I want to give a 100% honest review. I'll start with the few small things that caught my attention and then move onto all of the amazing things the quality inn has to offer.

So the negatives:
1. Again, we've been staying here for many years so we've been in all different rooms. However my dad stayed in one room a few years back that he loved and has requested every year since. Apparently this year it couldn't be done. I just don't understand how in the 6 months between when we booked it and when we arrived that they could not find a way to give a very loyal guest the room he requested a half of a year in advance. It's not like he was asking for a discount or anything for free, just his favorite room.

2. My parents room had a pretty gross fly problem. All over the bathroom and walls. When they said something to the front desk the only thing they offered was to move them to an apartment across the street. Why, especially with a 7 year old, would they want to pack everything up and move somewhere further from the beach? They could have at least offered to provide some sort of fly trap but that didn't happen.

3. It seemed as though they are being a little cheap on the supplies that are supposed to be provided, at least on the ground floor. House keeping in their room never left enough toilet paper or shower towels. And one night my dad called the front desk for an extra blanket and was told "they will see if they have any". I'm sorry but for almost $300 a night to stay there, the possibility of not having something like that is not acceptable.

And now to the good!

1. Great place for families, an indoor & outdoor pool, 2 jacuzzis, a play area, & more!

2. The pools and jacuzzis are kept very clean, even cleaner than I've noticed in the past!

3. The birds. They are my favorite part of the hotel. And for those of you claiming they are "mistreated" I can guarantee you are wrong. In the many years I have been staying there I have gotten to know the woman who takes care of them and they are genuinely loved and very well taken care of! However, do not complain they are "mean", yes if you stick your finger in and scare them you will get bit!!!

4. Our housekeeper. My boyfriend & I stayed on the 3rd floor and had such an awesome housekeeper named Renee! Always kept us stocked and was SO friendly!

5. Overall great staff. Many of the workers have been there for years and seem like they genuinely enjoy being there which just adds to the relaxing and happy vibe of the hotel.

Overall, I genuinely love this place and can't wait to return for customer appreciation weekend! ($10 a night for every night you stayed during busy season)!! Highly recommend to everyone!!

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank NicoleKunkle
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. From check in to check out I could not wait to get home to shower in a clean bathroom. The room felt so dirty, bathroom was filthy, carpets were ripped, the curtain divider in the room was filthy, how does a curtain get so stained? All of the appliances in the kitchen had rust on them (we never even opened a cabinet) Hair in the tub. I could go on and on. Left at 11am one morning came back at 3pm room was never cleaned, no new towels. I swear, I read some recent reviews and had to double check the address to make sure I had the right place. Only plus, oceanfront view.

3  Thank thetravelingkanes
Reviewed 17 August 2014

At first there was a mix up with keys but everything was resolved quickly. The staff was great, our rooms were amazing! We watched dolphins swimming right from our window. And the atmosphere was homey. Overall beat vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014