Sahara Motel
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$145
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$78
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$233
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanprivate balconyoceanfront roomthird floorair showquiet endwi fipeople watchplace to sleepparking lotlocation is greatmini golfpoolsboardwalkhousekeepermicrowavephillips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place was recommended by a friend she and her spouse stay here every fall. This was my first trip by myself to the beach. I enjoyed the stay very much, staff very polite, and the view was amazing. I had and ocean front room on the second floor which was perfect! I felt very comfortable there and the room was very clean and neat. The only thing it was missing was a coffee pot(sigh) , but went to CVS just down the road and bought one. No problem coffee on the private balcony the ocean-what more could a person ask for. Definitely will go back!

Room Tip: If your a coffee drinker take coffee pot with you-the only thing missing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kimann67
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is one of the best hotels me and my family stayed at...We went to the sahara hotel July 2013 and it was our first time there we stayed in the building with the cafe and we loved it we could some what see the ocean even from there outside our room the pool was right there and great there was more then one to. Parking was also right there and you can walk almost every where. I loved the bathroom they have a big mirror outside it with a vanity so while someone is in the shower another could get ready. The staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean if we needed anything it was there asap. Oh and make sure you eat at the cafe it's so good....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I just wanna start by saying spend a few extra dollars and stay someplace else! The past summer I stayed at the Sahara Motel in an ocean view room.. Before I could feel comfortable enough to even sit down I had to make a run to the store to buy Clorox Cleanups and Lysol spray to clean that nasty room.. It was filthy! The room didn't look like housekeeping even cleaned anything, there was so much dust everywhere.. The room looked as though it only got a clean set of sheets and towels, nothing else! The AC unit was dripping condensation, so it made the floor wet in front of the bathroom.. And lastly their ocean view rooms are in badly need of an upgrade.. The furniture and tv was from at least the 1970's or earlier! The pic on their website was soooo not the room I was given!

Room Tip: The room show on their website are the oceanfront rooms only!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ChaCha1651
j w, Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

i believe you may have stayed somewhere else since all our oceanview rooms have had new flat screen tv's for several summers now and all these rooms where completely redone in the last 3 years !! Also our housekeeepers are excellent so i know a filthy room was not at the Sahara !!!!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Sahara is a good choice for oceanfront motel on the boardwalk. Location is close to Phillips Seafood Restaurant( 2 blocks) and other well established local eateries on and off the boardwalk. Sahara Cafe is my best choice for breakfast(see review) Price for oceanfront room on the boardwalk is very reasonable as compared to other choices. The beach is not too wide or narrow at this point..19th street. The room was neat and clean, view was SPECTACULAR. We had 3rd floor oceanfront. As for the design of the room, i cannot be so positive. The A/C is placed so the majority of the room will not get cool. We had an unusually warm October weekend(temp in mid 80's) and we kept A/C on around the clock. One night I was tempted to sleep on the balcony. I don't know how it would be in the heat of the summer. Secondly, I know motels use a standard firm mattress, but this one was like sleeping ON the boardwalk. I tossed and turned most nights except when we finally got a breeze one night and we kept the balcony door open. With this being said, we will still stay at the Sahara due to its location on the beach, value for oceanfront room, surrounding eateries and conveniences. Overall, a great trip.

Room Tip: oceanfront room A/C is not designed well. Will not cool entire room. Strategically placed fan will do the trick
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gr8cruz
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We rented two rooms in the Oceanfront building. Both rooms were fantastic. No bad smells, AC was on upon arrival, brand new televisions. The balconies looking out over the ocean were clean and free of spiders (a hard feat to accomplish in coastal areas). Staff was friendly and parking was convenient. Bathroom was a bit small but enough to do your business and leave. Location on the boardwalk was nice too, close enough to everything but still far enough away from the busy end. Also, the Sahara Cafe (built into the Tower building) has fantastic breakfast food! HUGE portions for not much money. Free Internet access was very quick also, beats Hampton and big chain's internet by a long shot. Overall, it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you pick the Oceanfront building, take a room on the second floor or higher so you can open your curtains at night without people on the boardwalk being able to look in.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Josh P
j w, General Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay over Mother's Day. We pride ourselves on having clean rooms and a friendly staff. We hope you come back to stay very soon!