Sahara Motel
US$131
ClarionHotels
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$148
US$145
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$120
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$233
Hilton.com
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$122
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsroom was cleanprivate balconyoceanfront roomthird floorair showquiet endwi fipeople watchplace to sleepparking lotlocation is greatmini golfpoolsboardwalkhousekeepermicrowavephillips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family of 4 took a mini vacation before my kids went back to school. The Sahara Motel was very clean, right on the boardwalk with a balcony to view the ocean. The price was reasonable for a oceanfront room. There were a few issues like the bathroom was very small, beds were not the most comfortable and no hotel shampoo like other hotels provide. In saying that, the Sahara was not a bad place to stay for a short trip. Would I stay here for a week, no but a another 2 day trip I would. The cafe on site was too busy for us to enjoy a breakfast but the hotel is walking distance to some nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Book a ocean front room.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very god value for location. It's less than one minute walk from the beach. Rooms aren't loaded with amenities, but the price is reasonable. 500 for thurs, fri, sat. And it was worth the price. Second time stating there and would definitely stay there again. The only negative is the comforters feel really gross the material is awful!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family of 4 stayed here 8/5-8/6. It was a last minute trip/change of plans as were were supposed to go to OC the 7th - 8th, but a death in the family changed our plans. So we headed to the beach with no particular plan or hotel booked. Upon our arrival we just drove up the street stopping at random hotels, price shopping. Most were over $200. Got to the Sahara and their price was $119-$129. We went no further. We opted for the $129 room. It was one building back from the oceanfront one, we were poolside and didn't have to cross any roads to get to the beach. The location was just fine for us. The ladies in the front office were super nice and much to my delight, our room was ready and it wasn't even lunch time yet. We had room 204. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean. I liked that there was a fridge and microwave and a nice flat screen TV. It is definitely a no-frills place, but that is our budget, and we were totally satisfied.

We were never able to get the wifi working in our room. It would work fine down by the office but would be disconnected by the time we got back to the room. We had 3 smartphones, one laptop, 1 ipad and 1 ipod and none of them would connect. Wasn't a huge deal as we were only staying the one night and we really weren't sitting around the room on our phones or computers, but it would have been annoying if we had been staying there for longer than one night. I don't know if there are any rooms that have queen or king beds. Our room was 2 doubles and for us, it was a little cramped. Hubby & I are used to a king size bed. I'm 5'9 and he's 6'3. Our daughters are 5'11 & 5'10. It was not the best night's sleep I've ever had, but again, it was only one night. Were I to stay longer, and I would stay longer, I would inquire about getting at least 2 queen beds (if available). I never hold bedding against a hotel as I am used to a waterbed and so any regular mattress is an adjustment for me, but I would want a larger bed than a double next time.

Overall, however, I was satisfied and I would definitely come back to the Sahara and stay again. We did not make it to the Sahara Cafe this trip but after reading the reviews for it, will definitely try it out next time. Oh, I also have to give kudos to the housekeeping staff. They were very pleasant and the room was very clean. I worked at a hotel in housekeeping the summer after my freshman year of college in 1988. I know what a thankless job it is. Housekeeping, at least in our building and our room, did a great job.

1  Thank ceyanne
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is our third year staying here. We really like the location, on the quiet end of the boardwalk. The rooms are standard, but I do like having the fridge, microwave and hair dryer in the room. Like that they have two pools, and a nice cafe on the property. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly.

1  Thank Cheda6
j w, General Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for the kind review above and we have passed along the compliment to both the front desk and housekeeping staffs. We are very happy we could make your last minute trip to Ocean City both comfortable and affordable. Hope to see you back again in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family has stayed at Sahara every year for several years. We have never had any issues, the staff have always been pleasant and our rooms have always been clean, plus we like having the fridge and microwave. We have stayed in both the tower and oceanfront/oceanview rooms.Sahara is close to everything for us. There are so many high dollar condos and hotels around the boardwalk anymore that we greatly appreciate the affordable family vacation that Sahara offers. Thanks so much!

1  Thank JRos0729

Thank you for the above compliments as our staff tries very hard to make every guests stay comfortable and pleasant. We look forward to having you back again soon!