Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 June 2013

we had a great time , the place is so nice and clean , people are so friendly and helpful . one of the employees was extra nice and helpful his name is bob hechscher, made us feel like we were the only guest there . the room was nice and the view was great . the beach bash with the ravens was , well there are no words, we will be going back next yrs, the tailgate party the bonfire the games and the parade , what a blast . go to face book and check out the clarion and all the great things you will be booking before you know it . enjoy we did

Room Tip: we stayed on the 10th great view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meme486
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and the Ravens Beach Bash! We're already looking forward to next year, and we'll see you there! Bob, our Bell Captain, is a gem, and we're fortunate to have him as part of our family. Thank you for recognizing his dedication.

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Customer service was excellent. I lost my key and they provided me with a new one without a hassle.
There are 5 bars, including a tiki bar! The bartenders are ok. Drinks are weak and expensive.

They have a outdoor and indoor pool that are nice.

Rooms were nice, Small balcony but all ocean view.

We paid 200 a night.

Donna the reservations manager was awesome. She helped us change our reservation with no problem. The front desk staff are super sweet and helpful.

Breakfast buffet is cheap (10.99) and was excellent! A lot to choice from.

Short walk to the beach.

Overall great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Marino12Baltimore
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

It sounds like overall, you really enjoyed your stay! I will check into the weak drinks, as the bartenders are supposed to use a specific measuring tool for liquor. We appreciate your patronage, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at your hotel for the Raven's Beach Bash weekend. It was great! The cookout on Thursday and the beach bash on Saturday were wonderful. The staff was friendly and always smiling and helpful. I hope the Clarion puts on the Ravens Bash next year, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary S

We're glad you got to share in the awesomeness! It was a great time, and we had so much positive feedback from those attending! Thank you for attending, and we'll see you for the 3rd Bash next year!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was our first visit to the Clarion OC and our first "Ravens Beach Bash" - we really enjoyed it and will definitely be going back next year! The hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly and professional. Our room was clean, modern and spacious, but we did have trouble with the bathtub draining when taking a shower - it was sort of like standing in a pond, but we dealt with it and had a wonderful time. Starting with check-in and the "tailgate" on Thursday evening to our Player "meet & greet" on Saturday, everyone went out of their way to make our first "Ravens Beach Bash" an awesome experience. Staff seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome and special, and I was really impressed that the hotel owners were around everyday greeting and talking with guests. We would definitely stay at the Clarion OC again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are oceanview. From the balcony, we had an awesome view of the ocean and the bay!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pam2023

The 2nd Annual Ravens Beach Bash was a success, and we're happy you had a good time. Hope to see you next year, and before if you come this way!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We love coming to this hotel! Memorial Day weekend's weather was not the best but the hotel entertainment made up for the weather being... shall we say, difficult.. The colder weather brought the entertainment from the outside bar to the almost outside pavillion area. Very good option! The band, Arizona, knocked out the tunes and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Good News... the hotel has changed the inside room coffee brand to Seattle's Best! It is a more robust coffee and it is a welcome change.
New pillows over the last time we stayed.... not sure about them. I prefer pillows with some kind of support for my head and neck. I layed on one pillow and sank to the mattress, tried two, three, and finally gave up. Too soft for me. I ended up taking a pillow case off of one of the pillows and putting a folded up blanket in it. It worked out well and my husband followed suit. You may love those soft pillows but we did not. I believe I have graduated to old lady status when I want to bring my own pillow to the hotel. I "love" getting old.
Oh, almost forgot. You know when you go to new places you tend not to want to drink the water from that area? Your body may not appreciate the change... We bought a gallon of water to keep in the refrigerator and during the maid's cleaning she turned off the frig. We came back to warm water. Yuck. Conservation efforts I suppose.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view and less A/C noise. Rooms with a Bayview still have a view...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christy R

So glad you had a good stay. I'm sorry about the housekeeper turning off the fridge. I'm not sure why that happened, but we did ask the Director of Housekeeping to tell her staff that refrigerators are to be be left on, even if nothing is in them at the time. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Hotel was very nice.
The rooms was clean spacious.
Everyone did a great job.
The Staff was friendly and very professional.
Especially Jackie B. and Kay W.
The catering service was great.
My stay was awesome..
For a first time visit to Ocean City Maryland, I was please and satisfied with my stay.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view. A/C unit was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Josephine A

Thank you so much! From what we saw, it seemed as though everyone at the reunion had a great time! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We recently attended a wedding in OC and this hotel was one of the places prearranged to stay. We havent been to OC for a while but the Clarion was on par with a couple other places that we did stay. Our room was big enough, was clean and had a fridge, coffee maker and safe. It seemed a bit worn, but probably that is to be expected with beachfront property that has lots of people staying in the rooms. The only complaint is that the shower drain was very slow which meant standing in water while showering. We called twice about it, but they seemed like it was a non issue .Maybe the drains are just slow throughout the entire hotel. We did not eat any meals or visit the bars so I cannot comment on them. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We paid 105.00 a night which was a good price. I know rates at the ocean can go high, but I am not sure how much more I would comfortably pay to stay here. I think if the rates were a lot higher I would look to a newer property. Overall our 2 night stay was satisfactory, but would I recommend to others??

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rbross50

I do apologize for the issue with the drains. I assure you we don't take any disrepair lightly, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I hope you visit us again, and when you do, please visit our food and beverage venues. Summer is especially fun with the beach bars and grille!