Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$155
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$154
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$184
US$165
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$120
US$171
US$166
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$200
Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$231
Courtyard
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
US$445
US$432
All reviewshorizons restaurantsteam roomseafood buffetstanding room onlycrab legsprivate beachdog parkbeach barsmall balconyoutdoor poolview of the oceanlive entertainmentoff seasonfitness centerfamily vacationhousekeeping staffcoffee maker
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family is very picky when it comes to cleanliness but read the other reviews, the hotel is immaculate!
I did get burned on the famous seafood buffet advertised all over the hotel but with no prices! It was around $35.00-$40.00/ person! $16.95 for kids! No soft drinks included.
Beach cafe food, priced reasonably, and is very good. They have a very friendly staff. I won't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank icats13
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Nice place. Clean. Friendly. But a young guy came into bar , was loud , vulger , and should have been kicked out right away. Bartender(Matt) served him anyway. There were a few children in area since it was only 9 p.m. Security came for him around 10. Not sure if i would stay there again. Not recommended for children , in my opinion. When i checked out young lady didn't bother to ask how my stay was. Checked out around 9 a.m. friday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Please accept my sincere apologies for this issue. The patron being loud and vulgar should have been escorted off property as soon as the problem started. We normally have a great family atmosphere, with family-friendly activities all summer. I do hope you will stay with us again. Thank you very much for your post.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I just returned from Clarion at OC for a short vacation with 2 adults and 3 children. The location was excellent, the hotel amenities were excellent but the property was old and in need of upgrade so that the price I paid (through AARP) was equal to the room supplied. The shower wall had a huge crack going from top to bottom. The water pressure was so low that we could hardly bath. There was a sofa in the room that had so many stains on it that I called housekeeping to bring sheets to that I could cover it before I let my grandchildren sit on it. I was disappointed that after paying $224 per night the hotel was not of a better quality. It surely did not deserve a three star rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanette C

I apologize for the issues you had with your room. I hope you called to let the front desk know about the crack in the shower wall. If not, would you be so kind as to message me with the room number so we can have that taken care of right away? Thank you, I appreciate you're letting me know.
We do renovations to the property every off season, and plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future.
Thank you for your post. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Let me begin with, I came down to OC for a family vacation with my family of 5 ,3 of them being little children. As we arrived if you do not have a handicap sign , your chances of getting a parking spot is slim to none . After waiting 10 minutes for an elevator we arrive in the hot and stuffy hallway ,no air sircirculation whatsoever. We get in the room theres a tile missing in the shower, the safe didn't work, the pullout couch was stained and dirty and not to mention doors were off the hinges. My kids were so excited to visit the "game room" ,well if u consider 2 little machines a game room. Then off to the pool where both inside and outside were cloudy, dirty you couldn't even see in the water. Then we visit the buffet fordinner , besides there not any desert to choose from , what was left looked like it was their for days. And not to mention you had to pay separately for coffee, and soda . Most of the staff was helpful, besides the women at checkout who was very sarcastic and not friendly at all. Some perks however was the live entertainment outside and the happy hour drinks and nice private beach. For the price they charged per night I was extremely dissapointed and will not be returning unless there are some major renovation's .

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank heather914

We have and will continue to do renovations in the off season. During the height of the season, the elevators are slower, especially during check in and check out times. We do understand the frustration regarding that elevator wait. Concerning the parking, we do have an overflow lot across the street, where after dropping your luggage with one of the doormen, you can park across the street and use the crosswalk one block north of the lot to cross safely.
I apologize that the buffet didn't seem to meet our standard the night you dined in Horizons. I have made the Food & Beverage Director aware of the issue.
I am surprised the pools were cloudy. They are tested several times a day, and shut down if the chemical ratio is not correct. Thank you for passing along that information.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back to the Clarion soon; please give us another chance to extend our services.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel was great for our short beach trip. Request a high floor... we stayed on the 16th floor and the view was great! The best part of this hotel is that they have a private beach with servers walking around taking your order!! Nothing beats drinking 151 pina coladas on the beach! The Room Service breakfast was pretty good. The staff was always super nice! The worst part about this hotel is the elevators. There are only 3 for the entire hotel and they seem to stop on every floor!

It is a very far walk to get to the center of ocean city tho... we walked to seacrets and it was a killer. Also I got the romance package and the beach package… The romance package was a complete waste of money. They advertised snacks cheese wine champagne fruits ect… what we got was very very cheap champagne (so cheap we didn’t even drink it it was disgusting), 2 air plane bottles of wine, a kit kat bar a Hershey bar a bag with 2 oreos in it and 2 mini baby bell cheeses. The beach package however was nice it came with 2 towels a tote a beach umbrella 2 beach chairs and 2 free drink coupons to their beach bar.

Overall this hotel was great for our purposes. I would not recommend coming here for more than 3 or 4 nights.

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nada z
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I'm very sorry that you didn't care for the amenities that went along with the Romance Package, but I'm happy you were pleased with everything else. We do hope that you will be back to see us again in the near future.