“Not that great. I”

Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Not that great. I”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I wasn't impressed. I had reserved the hotel for a bachelorette party and we got there and found out the hotel was on 101 street and all the bars/clubs/resturants were by 1-10th street. So that was annoying. Then I paid extra for a beach front room and it was literally the smallest step out and the beach was to the side of us not even in front of us. Also when I was checking out apparently they were having some computer problems. Waited in front of one girl for probably six minutes and then finally someone came over and helped her out which took another five minutes. Not impressed the website makes it look WAY better than it acually wasWould not stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Hannahlou2
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I apologize that we were having computer issues when you checked out. I know it can be very frustrating when you're in line and there are computer problems standing between you and being on your way. We're not fond of them either, and it's frustrating for us to see our lines get longer while we deal with these complications. Our IT staff does their best to minimize computer issues, and happily, they do a great job, so these annoyances are few and far between.

Regarding your other concerns, while I'm certainly sorry to hear of them, I'm a little confused. In all of our literature, ads, and descriptions, we're very clear that our rooms are ocean view. While the hotel itself is oceanfront, the rooms were built so the views are of the ocean to one side and the bay to the other. The balcony is a standing balcony, also of which we're very clear about in our brochures and internet sites. The good news is that we do have directly oceanfront suites with large balconies in the building next door; and renting those gives one all the amenities that having a hotel room would offer.

I'm not sure how you booked your reservations, but all venues that I'm aware of have either our address, or 101st St and the Beach, to make it clear where we're located. If there is a site that didn't offer you that information, would you please message me and let me know? I'd like to get that rectified as soon as possible if that's the case. Also, while of course we would recommend our own bars and restaurants, if you wanted to leave the hotel, there are at least eight places here on the north that are very popular with both tourists and locals.

Please know that we do appreciate your patronage, and hope that you will visit with us again the next time you are in Ocean City.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Sayreville, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I took our teenage daughter and her best friend for a long weekend the end of july. We have been to OC many times but not in the last 3 years, though we did have a great timeit would have been even better with out all the crowds. I dont know if its all the new advirtising or that Sandy had her way with the Jersey shore but wow. Wall to Wall cars, it took us 2hrs just to get into OC after getting into MD. From Central Jersey it normaly takes 21/2 - 3 hrs total. Anyway hotal was great, room clean had little problem with slow drain on tub, called desk and was taken care of right away. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen F
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope you will be able to visit with us again. Ocean City also has a lot happening in the fall and spring, so if you want a bit less of a crowd, you may want to consider vacationing here in those "off" seasons. Whatever your choice, we're happy to welcome you back in any season!
crofton, md
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The husband and I stayed one night with our 4 children ages 6-17. The room was clean although had a definite stale, musty odor when we first arrived. After running the a/c for awhile it went away. Parking was difficult even with a disabled permit. We often experienced long waits for the elevators. Visited both the indoor and outdoor pools and they were heated to a comfortable temperature. Room service trays were left in the halls and had flies on them. Had to request blankets for the pull-out and received them quickly with little or no wait. Since we only stayed one night we didn't visit any of the restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ALL4LUV-MD
I'm disappointed that the room service trays were left in the hallway, and I have passed along your comments to the appropriate department. I apologize for that and appreciate the review, as it made us aware of that issue. We hope the next time you visit, you can stay for more than a night and enjoy some of our other amenities.
Iowa
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Attending a conference at the Clarion. Hotel is really showing it's age but they sure aren't afraid to charge. Even the conference rate is way higher than it should be. This morning when I took a shower the water backed up three or four inches. I called the front desk and asked for maintenance to fix it today which they did. Ate lunch at the smaller hotel bar. Asked if I could sub a a salad for the fries. Server told me it would be an extra $3.50. I took the fries and didn't touch them on my plate! I see there is a remodeled Holiday Inn down the street. Next year I will stay there. I checked tonight. It is $35 dollars cheaper and much nicer

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cy2015
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your stay. We do renovations on the off-seasons, to both the guestrooms and common areas, and plan on continuing to do so. Our rates are actually inline with other hotels in town of the same caliber, and we feel it is a good value. We appreciate your patronage, and hope you do decide to return for your next conference.
Waynesboro,PA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel did not meet our expectations! Many of the seasonal pluses were NOt available(beach chairs, umbrellas,drinks,etc.) even though our reservation was one day after Labor Day.. The toilet seat was broken and the sink had a drainage problem. The sink was fixed. The price listed online was without ALL the taxes added. The breakfast buffet had only one chef making the egg dishes,waffles,etc. Matresses were lumpy and pillows were flat! Luckily the weather cooperated or this would have been a dismal stay in Ocean City.

Room Tip: There are NO rooms facing the beach!
Green Features: We didn't see any recycling done! Shower was good with temp and spray.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cahenicle
I'm sorry your stay didn't meet your expectations. It's very disappointing to us when a guest is unhappy. I checked with our food and beverage department, and the day after Labor Day, the chairs and umbrellas were available for rental at the deck bar, where drinks were also available. The deck bar was opened until at least 6:00pm that day.
Also, our rooms are oceanview, but the hotel is oceanfront. We do offer 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites next door that are directly oceanfront. I hope you will give us another chance and come back to visit soon.
Suffern, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a lovely stay here over the labor day weekend. The room was nice and clean and the bed linens were crisp and cozy. If the hotel is full and you come back late at night, you will have to park across the street. Be careful there is no crosswalk there. I thought the room was a little pricey but so were most of the rooms in the nicer hotels in Ocean City. Enjoyed sitting on the beach and listening to the live music by the outdoor restaurant on the weekend. We stayed until Tuesday and had the place to ourselves for two days. The hairdryer in our room wasn't working and they sent someone up to replace it with a new one fairly quickly,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gina Q
Thank you for visiting with us at the Clarion Resort. Just to let you know, there is a crosswalk one block to the north, where crossing is safe. But the even better news is that next summer we will offer free valet parking! Then you won't need to worry yourself with it at all. We hope to see you again next summer!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I (children when they were younger) have been coming to OC Maryland for at least 30 years. This was the first time staying at the Clarion and we were more than satisfied with everything. This hotel has everything you need...great buffet breakfast and dinner, walk-out to beach as well as an indoor and outdoor pool. The favorite part of our experience was the entertainment. The band had us dancing from 4-8 each evening with the beach as the backdrop. If we had any energy left over there was another band after dinner in the indoor restaurant. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank catsam89
I'm glad you were able to enjoy all aspects of the Clarion Resort! Everyone loves the live music on deck in the summer. Thank you for giving us a chance, and we hope you'll visit again.