“Council of Baltimore Ravens Roost Convention / Ravens Beach Bash”

Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed in one of the Cabanas like I always do. Very comfortable with all you would need for a great time. Staff is top notch and very professional. Food and drinks are the bomb. Wonderful three day stay. Can't wait for Convention next year.

Room Tip: Cabana all the way. Close to all the action beach, pools indoor & outdoor plus the spa.
2  Thank John B
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

It was great having the Council back again this year! Thank you for your continued patronage, and glad you enjoyed the Bash again this year. We can't wait for next year's Ravens Beach Bash either! Thank you for complimenting the staff, they all work very hard. Maybe we can welcome you back before next spring!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Even though the weather did not want to cooperate with us for some of the outdoor events, the Clarion and its staff made our Raven's Bash weekend wonderful. The food at the BBQ was outstanding. The staff is so friendly and helpful. And despite the 30 MPH winds on Saturday, they still were able to pull off all of the outdoor activities, even the bonfire. We stayed in the condos but were still able to use all the amentities of the hotel. Looking forward to next year's Raven's Bash, but I have a feeling we will be back before that.

1  Thank Mary S

Thank you for coming down for the 3rd Annual Beach Bash! We're glad you had a great time, because we certainly did! We hope you do get the chance to come down before the next Bash. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall, nice hotel. Indoor and outdoor pool, tiki bar outside makes for nice atmosphere, right on the beach, restaurant with seafood buffet and live bands at night. Rooms are clean and quaint and all of them have a standing balcony with an ocean view.

The only cons are the parking (if you have to park across Coastal Highway it is a little inconvenience with luggage, kids, etc.) and the hotel looks to be a little outdated in the lobby and restaurant areas. It would also be nice to have a seated balcony like some of the other hotels.

Overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: No preference, I think they are all about the same.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review; we're very happy you enjoyed your stay. I see you stayed in August of last year. Since then, the lobby has been remodeled to include current styles and colors, and a beautiful water feature. 80 of our 250 sleeping rooms have also been updated, and the rest of the rooms will be completed in the next off season.

In addition to our towel program (guests decide if they want to reuse their towels or have housekeeping provide new ones every day), guests can also choose to not have their linens changed during their stay, we have changed to LED lighting, and our laundry now uses new technology with cold water.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, so you can see all the improvements we've made since your last visit!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was pleasantly suprised at this hotel. I had heard mixed reviews and was really nervous about staying here. I am very picky about a hotel. It has to be clean above all. This is a very nice hotel. AWESOME amentities. Very nice outdoor pool and indoor pool. Great restaurants and ocean view. The only downside was the hotel, rooms themselves. They were clean for the most part but had a terrible moldy type smell. I dont know if it was from the room air conditioners but everything felt wet to the touch and just had a very mildew type smell. The balconies are also extremely small but do have beautiful views. Awesome fitness center and lots of other great ammenties. The breakfast buffet is well worth the price and is delicious. Would love to try the seafood buffet one time. The room seemed clean and sheets were clean and bed was very comfortable. The room was a nice size for it being a hotel room, the smell was just terrible. I did spray some febreeze which helped. I would stay at this hotel again for the ammenities alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Clarion Resort. I apologize that your stay wasn't 100% enjoyable due to the odor in your room. We strive to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests, and will use the information you gave us to correct the issue. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had to stay here for Easter because our home had been damaged over the winter and this was only one of a few OC hotels that was pet friendly. We have a kitten! Staff was very nice. Only complaint would be that all pet friendly rooms only have 2 double beds, no queens or kings available. We did the Easter buffet, and it was very good! I even brought the kitten down to the level where brunch took place and the "Easter bunny" met me in the hallway for a picture! I thought my husband wanted to die!! LOL! It was our "baby's " first Easter! Since we are "local" to the area, we have done their Sunday brunch numerous times, always very good! We would definitely stay there again! They offer some great holiday package plans too!!

Room Tip: Ocean view!! No pet, king bed!!! :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I'm so sorry to hear about the damage to your home, but glad you decided to stay with us! I completely understand about celebrating your "baby's" milestones. I do the same thing. We even throw casual parties for his birthday! You are not alone! We're happy you enjoy the buffets; since you're local, check out our Lenny's Beach Bar and Grill for some lite fare and live music. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the holiday weekend and it was actually a great stay. It is not a 5 star hotel but it is worth the money. The only thing I did not like was the fact of the balcony was a stand only. I only found out after I booked and could not be refunded my money. The location is great...right on the beach and close to everything. The food at the bar is actually better than the restaurants on the strip.

I would only advice management to train their front desk employee's to be happy with greeting the guest. They really wasn't that welcoming. But overall the room was a good size but the bathroom...I would not suggest it for anyone taller than 5'4 and over 150. The toilets were pretty small and the sink area was at the height for someone small.

Also, I would suggest leaving your car at the hotel and just paying the $3 for an all day bus ride along the strip (6am to 6am the next day). Public parking is hard if you are visiting a restaurant or staying at the area hotel.

Room Tip: I would get a room as high as possible. The A/C vents are on the left side of the building and it ca...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelersmin258712
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We're glad you had a great stay! I'm sorry that you weren't pleased with everything, but we appreciate that you were able to overlook the things that didn't quite meet your expectations and still enjoy yourself. The balconies are advertised in all our literature and websites as standing; I'm sorry that you weren't aware of their style. To let you know for the next time, we do own condominium suites in the building next door to our hotel, and those balconies are large and right on the beach. Reservations for them can be made through our hotel, and all amenities at the Clarion Resort are available to those renting the suites as well. Whether in the hotel or condo suites, we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I attended the DLA/MLA Conference in early May and I was so pleased with my stay. We stayed at the Marigot next door and the management gave us a wonderful rate. The condo was beautiful, it was very clean, it was quiet and we just did not want to leave when it was time to go. This is the second year I've been to the conference and this year was even better than last. The staff has been wonderful, helpful and just a pleasure to speak to. Thank you for a wonderful trip to the beach. Hope we can come back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank deb31503

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words, especially the recognition of our staff. It's great that you loved it here so much you didn't want to leave! We hope to welcome you back every year. Thanks again!