Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It all started at check-in, very unorganized it seemed as if it was her first day checking guests in. Once we got our room everything was fine. UNTIL I went to use the hair dryer which completely fell off the wall, then I went to turn on a light the bulb blew and when I looked up the entire bulb and wire were hanging out the top of the lamp. We have an 11 month old son. There were wires hanging out of the wall I had blockade him away from the wall. I can say when I call down to the front desk about the issues they were willing to move us to another room or send someone up to fix the issues. I did choose to stay in the room as our family of 4 had a lot of stuff already organized into the room. We had two issues with getting towels delivered to the room. The man was seemed to be very irritated about delivering the towels. At check out there was no asking how our stay was. It seemed as if we ,Well you already paid so we have your money see you later. I usually don't complain but we work to hard to be able to take our children on vacation to have to many issues. As much as we enjoyed the food and location this hotel had to offer. I would never stay here again. If I have to call the front desk twice during a 2 night stay I think that is a bit much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacei F
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting the hotel; and I am very sorry for the poor customer service that you feel you received. Our goal is to always exceed our guests' expectations, and provide an environment where guests will feel safe and comfortable. We have failed to meet that goal with you, and again, my sincere apologies. The Directors of the appropriate departments have been notified, and the problems you encountered are being resolved. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront

Reviewed 14 June 2014

First and foremost, its important to consider this hotel by the others around it. Its a hotel in Ocean City. If this hotel was located in a different city, it may not get as high reviews. But for Ocean City, its about as nice as you're going to find. Its pricey, but average for the area. The rooms are clean and fairly large, with a nice view of the ocean. The staff is friendly enough. Parking can be a bit of an issue depending on when you're there. The hotel is right along the ocean, about 100 yards away. There are many bars/restaurants/attractions within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Its also pet friendly if need be. At night, the halls were quiet. The only negative was that some of their equipment in the rooms have aged and are loud and distracting. Our mini-fridge was so loud I had to unplug it, and the air conditioner was so out of tune that it made an incredibly large noise when turning on. By the end of our second night, I had to turn that off too because it kept waking me up from a dead sleep. All that being said, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, and try to stay in the rooms on the eastern most side of hotel. Also, try an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColonelPSU

Thank you for posting your review of the Clarion Resort. I'm happy that you want to stay with us again, and apologize for the equipment issues. We are evaluating our equipment and replacements will me made as soon as possible. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed in one of the Cabanas like I always do. Very comfortable with all you would need for a great time. Staff is top notch and very professional. Food and drinks are the bomb. Wonderful three day stay. Can't wait for Convention next year.

Room Tip: Cabana all the way. Close to all the action beach, pools indoor & outdoor plus the spa.
2  Thank John B
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

It was great having the Council back again this year! Thank you for your continued patronage, and glad you enjoyed the Bash again this year. We can't wait for next year's Ravens Beach Bash either! Thank you for complimenting the staff, they all work very hard. Maybe we can welcome you back before next spring!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Even though the weather did not want to cooperate with us for some of the outdoor events, the Clarion and its staff made our Raven's Bash weekend wonderful. The food at the BBQ was outstanding. The staff is so friendly and helpful. And despite the 30 MPH winds on Saturday, they still were able to pull off all of the outdoor activities, even the bonfire. We stayed in the condos but were still able to use all the amentities of the hotel. Looking forward to next year's Raven's Bash, but I have a feeling we will be back before that.

1  Thank Mary S

Thank you for coming down for the 3rd Annual Beach Bash! We're glad you had a great time, because we certainly did! We hope you do get the chance to come down before the next Bash. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall, nice hotel. Indoor and outdoor pool, tiki bar outside makes for nice atmosphere, right on the beach, restaurant with seafood buffet and live bands at night. Rooms are clean and quaint and all of them have a standing balcony with an ocean view.

The only cons are the parking (if you have to park across Coastal Highway it is a little inconvenience with luggage, kids, etc.) and the hotel looks to be a little outdated in the lobby and restaurant areas. It would also be nice to have a seated balcony like some of the other hotels.

Overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: No preference, I think they are all about the same.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review; we're very happy you enjoyed your stay. I see you stayed in August of last year. Since then, the lobby has been remodeled to include current styles and colors, and a beautiful water feature. 80 of our 250 sleeping rooms have also been updated, and the rest of the rooms will be completed in the next off season.

In addition to our towel program (guests decide if they want to reuse their towels or have housekeeping provide new ones every day), guests can also choose to not have their linens changed during their stay, we have changed to LED lighting, and our laundry now uses new technology with cold water.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, so you can see all the improvements we've made since your last visit!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was pleasantly suprised at this hotel. I had heard mixed reviews and was really nervous about staying here. I am very picky about a hotel. It has to be clean above all. This is a very nice hotel. AWESOME amentities. Very nice outdoor pool and indoor pool. Great restaurants and ocean view. The only downside was the hotel, rooms themselves. They were clean for the most part but had a terrible moldy type smell. I dont know if it was from the room air conditioners but everything felt wet to the touch and just had a very mildew type smell. The balconies are also extremely small but do have beautiful views. Awesome fitness center and lots of other great ammenties. The breakfast buffet is well worth the price and is delicious. Would love to try the seafood buffet one time. The room seemed clean and sheets were clean and bed was very comfortable. The room was a nice size for it being a hotel room, the smell was just terrible. I did spray some febreeze which helped. I would stay at this hotel again for the ammenities alone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Clarion Resort. I apologize that your stay wasn't 100% enjoyable due to the odor in your room. We strive to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests, and will use the information you gave us to correct the issue. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had to stay here for Easter because our home had been damaged over the winter and this was only one of a few OC hotels that was pet friendly. We have a kitten! Staff was very nice. Only complaint would be that all pet friendly rooms only have 2 double beds, no queens or kings available. We did the Easter buffet, and it was very good! I even brought the kitten down to the level where brunch took place and the "Easter bunny" met me in the hallway for a picture! I thought my husband wanted to die!! LOL! It was our "baby's " first Easter! Since we are "local" to the area, we have done their Sunday brunch numerous times, always very good! We would definitely stay there again! They offer some great holiday package plans too!!

Room Tip: Ocean view!! No pet, king bed!!! :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I'm so sorry to hear about the damage to your home, but glad you decided to stay with us! I completely understand about celebrating your "baby's" milestones. I do the same thing. We even throw casual parties for his birthday! You are not alone! We're happy you enjoy the buffets; since you're local, check out our Lenny's Beach Bar and Grill for some lite fare and live music. Hope to see you soon.