“Awesome location, clean comfy rooms and great service!”

Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here to have a relaxing beach vacation with my family and couldn't have asked for more. Great hotel right on the beach with clean comfortable rooms. Nice pool area, great outdoor area and great friendly service.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nikkichu
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thanks for posting that you had a great time! We always say once you're here, there's no reason to leave. We hope to welcome you back again soon so you experience more fun and relaxation!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We purchased a groupon deal to stay at this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this place was. Yes your not by the boardwalk but who cares just drive down the road and you are there. The indoor pool, restaurant and room was very nice. They had live music and you only had to walk a few feet and your on the beach. Not surrounded by thousands of people. The staff was pleasant, so no complaints from us!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank P1aytym

We've very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks so much for posting a review of your getaway. We hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This a little late, our honeymoon was Jan.3, 2014. We originally made reservations for the couples package, however, we went down early to check the place out. We spoke with Angie at the front desk. When she found out it was going to be our honeymoon, she said let me speak with my Manager and see what we can do for you guys, call me back this week, I said ok. I called back and the Clarion moved us up to a room in their condo the Marigold, wow, for no extra charge, WOW!! After our wedding we arrived pretty late and exhausted, the front desk guy was very welcoming and made sure we had everything and anything we needed. Including delivering some things to our room that were not already in the room. We ordered a delicious breakfast room service the next morning. The room was beautiful and the view phenomenal. We had dinner at the restaurant with a band that was very nice. I ordered a delicious pork meal which was perfect and my hubby ordered Chicken Chesapeake which he really enjoyed. We stayed three days and ended our stay with a beautiful buffet breakfast with a view of the beautiful ocean. THANK YOU CLARION STAFF FOR MAKING OUR HONEYMOON BEAUTIFUL AND A GREAT MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!!!! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank military512
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We love it when we're included in a celebration! Congratulations on your marriage, and we're glad you had such a great honeymoon! We hope to see you on your anniversaries and any other time during the year. Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend - rate was high but reasonable. The hotel does need a remodel badly, but overall we were very pleased with our stay! Room comfortable fit two adults and two kids and we had great views of the ocean and saw the fireworks over the bay. Right on the beach too, huge bonus. We were happily surprised by the food at the beach cafe - really really good. Would recommend again - hoping they get a facelift soon though!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S

It's great that you and your family enjoyed staying with us over the holiday weekend. Thanks for the awesome review! We are definitely doing remodels in our off seasons, and are consistently making improvements. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Every year I come here for a conference. They really take good care of everyone. The Hotel is older but they do their best to keep it looking good. We didn't have any problems and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Always have a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It all started at check-in, very unorganized it seemed as if it was her first day checking guests in. Once we got our room everything was fine. UNTIL I went to use the hair dryer which completely fell off the wall, then I went to turn on a light the bulb blew and when I looked up the entire bulb and wire were hanging out the top of the lamp. We have an 11 month old son. There were wires hanging out of the wall I had blockade him away from the wall. I can say when I call down to the front desk about the issues they were willing to move us to another room or send someone up to fix the issues. I did choose to stay in the room as our family of 4 had a lot of stuff already organized into the room. We had two issues with getting towels delivered to the room. The man was seemed to be very irritated about delivering the towels. At check out there was no asking how our stay was. It seemed as if we ,Well you already paid so we have your money see you later. I usually don't complain but we work to hard to be able to take our children on vacation to have to many issues. As much as we enjoyed the food and location this hotel had to offer. I would never stay here again. If I have to call the front desk twice during a 2 night stay I think that is a bit much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacei F
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel - Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting the hotel; and I am very sorry for the poor customer service that you feel you received. Our goal is to always exceed our guests' expectations, and provide an environment where guests will feel safe and comfortable. We have failed to meet that goal with you, and again, my sincere apologies. The Directors of the appropriate departments have been notified, and the problems you encountered are being resolved. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

First and foremost, its important to consider this hotel by the others around it. Its a hotel in Ocean City. If this hotel was located in a different city, it may not get as high reviews. But for Ocean City, its about as nice as you're going to find. Its pricey, but average for the area. The rooms are clean and fairly large, with a nice view of the ocean. The staff is friendly enough. Parking can be a bit of an issue depending on when you're there. The hotel is right along the ocean, about 100 yards away. There are many bars/restaurants/attractions within a few minutes walk from the hotel. Its also pet friendly if need be. At night, the halls were quiet. The only negative was that some of their equipment in the rooms have aged and are loud and distracting. Our mini-fridge was so loud I had to unplug it, and the air conditioner was so out of tune that it made an incredibly large noise when turning on. By the end of our second night, I had to turn that off too because it kept waking me up from a dead sleep. All that being said, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, and try to stay in the rooms on the eastern most side of hotel. Also, try an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColonelPSU

Thank you for posting your review of the Clarion Resort. I'm happy that you want to stay with us again, and apologize for the equipment issues. We are evaluating our equipment and replacements will me made as soon as possible. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!