“Second time visiting... Love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denville, New Jersey
“Second time visiting... Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

One small issue to get out of the way, there was some water damage in the rooms but I never expect rooms to be perfect when they are by the ocean because they are so over-used. With that said, our whole entire softball team and their families stayed here for our second year in a row and decided even if we don't make the USSSA World Series next year, we are going to come back anyway!! We have so much fun here! The food is awesome, Arizona is the best band in the state and you can not beat the staff and cleaning staff!! We can not wait to return!

Room Tip: The lower, the better. The elevators are crazy slow... We stayed on the 16th floor last year.. ugh...
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
It's great that you had such a good time. I hope you did well in the tournament! Thanks for taking the time to post, and we'll look forward to seeing you again next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Exton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Loved just about everything about this hotel! Great restaurant, my 5 year old daughter and wife loved it... the tiki bar w/ live entertainment during happy hours was great! Only notable problems is that the outside pool has a rough surface either on the bottom of the pool and/or on the ledge or sitting shelf of the pool. I scraped the bottom of my foot and my 5 year old daughter scraped her knuckles on the pool's bottom or shelf/ledge. In addition, the lifeguards at both pools did not even have a band aid. Furthermore, the lifeguard's do not seem very attentative. I saw young kids in the hot tub next to the outside pool w/ a parent that did not know any better and the lifeguards said nothing to them. The lifeguards all had a russian (?) accent... where are they coming from?

That being said, the rooms were fine given the price (we had a room w/ a king sized bed) In all the hotel is priced right and the staff at the hotel and restaurants were all great!

2 Thank Doug M
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and provide valuable feedback. I'm very glad you, your wife, and daughter enjoyed your vacation with us! Just to clarify, the employees you saw at the pools are pool attendants and not lifeguards; lifeguards aren't required for the size pools that we have. However, there are normally full first aid kits att both pools, and I'm sorry that the kits weren't properly refilled.
I appreciate you making us aware of the rough pool surface in some areas. Our Director of Maintenance is looking into that.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future!
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 4 kids. The room had 2 double beds and a sleep sofa so everyone had space. The facilities and room were clean and I had no problems. However, we did notice the toilet bowl wasn't flushing when we arrived but we called the front desk and maintenance came up shortly after and fixed it. The idea of having 2 pools on the premises (indoor & outdoor) as well as restaurants was very convenient, nevermind being oceanfront. One thing I was disappointed with is when I booked this place I thought the boardwalk was a few minutes walk from the hotel, but it's actually about a 10 minute car ride away. The other thing I was disappointed with is the size of the balcony. I was expecting to sit out there with the hubby and enjoy a glass of wine but the balconies are extremely small and narrow. Overall though, it a very nice, family friendly place to stay and I'd consider staying there again:)

Sleep Quality
1 Thank A C
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us! The boardwalk is 5 miles away; you can leave your car parked and ride the town bus for $3 all day. There is a bus top right out front, and directly across the street for your convenience. Our balconies are standing balconies. I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about the size of them. I hope we get to welcome you back again soon for another Ocean City vacation!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Both the indoor and outdoor pools were warm and the food at the hotel restaurant was very good. The buffet had a lot of variety and was tasty. The extensive wine list is a rarity at a hotel restaurant.

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jill N
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau! We're proud of our award-winning wine list in Horizons Oceanfront Restaurant, and appreciate the recognition. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon, and we're grateful for your patronage.
MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is our go-to place to stay in OC. We love that you can drink on the beach and love that the food and drinks (love the buckets of fun!) are pretty tasty from the beach bar and grill for lunch. The rooms are nice, the location is great if you want to escape all the boardwalk madness. I will admit the hotel is a little pricey but worth it for a weekend getaway. Love that we can check out and still use the facilities. We don't usually do breakfast or dinner/drinks here in the evening but rather visit other local spots. The place is nicely maintained and fun.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdbeachlover
StephanieHReed, Manager at Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I'm glad you really enjoyed your stay with us; thanks for letting us know! There's something about being served on the beach that makes you feel like you're on a tropical island,don't you think so? Thank you for choosing the Clarion Resort for your vacations, and we'll be happy to welcome you back again next time!
Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Clarion. Once you park your car, you don't have to leave, because everything is there. Pools, Ocean, Bars, Restaurants, Bands and a lot of Children's activities. Crab Imperial I feel is the Best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank arlene k
Thank you for letting us know you had a great time! We love it that our guests feel they don't need to leave the premises. The crab imperial is one of my favorites, too, so I'm happy you enjoyed it! Come back soon...we'll be waiting for you.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hotel for one of the kids Dance Competitions. Very disappointed! It took us until Wednesday to get a key card to work for the door lock. (changed it 3X) Other family's had similar problems. The restaurant at the beach bar was the worst. Had to wait 90 minutes for French fries and a hot dog, never got it. The wait and Bar staff were good just couldn't believe how a kitchen wasn't prepared for the influx of people at a hotel. The rooms were old and outdated. It took 30 minutes to get an elevator and had to take walk the stairs for most of the trip. The parking was horrific. Small lot filled right away then you had free parking across the street. Getting across was like playing Frogger, very dangerous. Overall the stay was very very disappointing. The A/C unit in the room was by far the best experience of the trip. If the competition is there next year I will stay else where.

Room Tip: Not near the Boardwalk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BobT676
I'm very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay at our hotel. I would like to let you know that we are in the midst of ongoing renovations. A little over 1/3 of our rooms have been refreshed, and we plan on having the rest of them done in the next off season. As for parking, we have 206 spaces adjacent to the hotel and another 160 across the street. Guests needing to park across the street can unload or load their vehicles under the covered breezeway, so there is no need to carry luggage over or back. There is a cross walk one block north of the satellite parking lot, and we encourage all guests parking there to use it for safety, and also because jay-walking is against the law in the town of Ocean City, and we have known the police to ticket for it. I hope you will consider staying with us again so we have another chance to offer you excellent service.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels