“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City

We can't find prices for this hotel
EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City
Ranked #68 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Maryland
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Came here as a family, hotel on beach is about the only good thing about it. The elevator to go up almost cuts your arm off, it is so quick to shut and it doesn't stop. We asked for a crib for the baby and they brought a crib from like 1990? It was rocking back and forth unsteady about to collapse with a mattress 3 times too small for it with holes in it! I called and asked for a new crib lady was cranky about it but said they would look. Kid came with new one still not good but better than what had earlier, but decided it was unsafe and didn't put baby in it. The Air conditioner had mold clearly all over it, it smelled bad in the room. Very small. Thin thin walls.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Love S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Great location being close to the ocean. Great price in the off season. Hotel room was very run down. Not very clean. Nice indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank COLEVILLE

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

You can't beat the location. It was so nice to park your car and leave it there for a few days, as it is walking distance from many things. However, at the rodeway, nothing seemed to work correctly from the start. We booked an oceanfront room online, only to be told upon arrival that our room wasn't available, due to an issue with our credit card (not my fault...just a technical glitch). I had received no email or any other notification of the problem. The manager was quite rude about it, but at least there was another room available. So we ended up with a room in the motel building, but the bright side was the cheaper rate. The elevator is dirty and a little scary. The building is in serious need of upgrade. Cleaning is shoddy at best. We received a 6am wakeup call that we did not request! On the 2nd day of our stay, both of our key cards mysteriously stopped working. When I took them to the desk, I was told it was probably my fault, because I surely kept them next to a cellphone or credit card. As it turned out, the batteries in the sensor had died, which they did replace promply. The air conditioner was on its last legs and was caked with dust or some mystery substance...it did not keep the room very cool. We had a lot of difficulty getting & maintaining a wifi connection. Two out of the three lights didn't work. But I do feel with a little effort & some basic upgrades, along with some lessons in customer service, this hotel has a lot of potential.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband & I just spent 4 days @ Roadway Inn and had a great experience. The room over looked Baltimore Ave. which was quiet compared to Coastal Hwy. We enjoyed the traffic and tourists going by. In the over night hours we never heard any noise. Our housekeeper did a fantastic job on the 2nd floor. And the cont breakfast was plentiful. The office staff was friendly. And for the money we received a lot more than we could imagine at this busy time of year. We plan to stay here again. And pass along the good word as to where to stay while visiting OCMD. I can't say enough about our Roadway Inn experience. But I'll stop and hope you get the idea.

2 Thank Babyblue535
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

The room was absolutely disgusting. There was hair everywhere, on the microwave, on the tv, pubic hair on the toilet and on the pillow!!!! Something sticky and brown was on the shower and on the bathroom floor. Something had splashed all over tv and the cleaning crew, if they even exist, didn't think these were important items to clean. We called the front desk to inform them of the room's condition and they sent someone up. We showed him all of these issues and we asked if the room had actually been cleaned. His response was "it should have been." We requested the dirty items be cleaned and the sheets changed in front of us and he said "or I could just give you your money back." Really!? We drive far to get here and there are no other rooms available on such late notice. We just requested again that they just adequately clean the room. He said he would send someone else to do it and we are still waiting a half an hour later....

1 Thank Sheldan21
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

2nd stay at this hotel and very pleased with everything. Stayed overnight with the wife just for a quick getaway and it was very enjoyable. Got down early able to park the car at the hotel and use changing rooms to use beach before checking in, so we saved on parking meters. Was able to leave car again after checkout to do same. Centrally located downtown 29th so it's close to the boardwalk. Nice oceanfront rooms with balcony. Staff was very good. The only thing I would fault them on is the breakfast, very minimal selection. Would use place again

Room Tip: never stayed on street side but oceanfront rooms with balcony above 1st floor both times have great...