Stayed here May 17th-20th for yearly car show. Place was at capacity. I've stayed at this resort prior to its renovation, so it was nice to see it cleaned up a bit on the exterior and inside the rooms. Didn't update the bathrooms however and they were pretty generic, our shower head was falling out of the wall.
To me this is your typical "shore" type hotel, and was very clean and comfortable for what we needed. No bells and whistles. AC worked good. Appliances in mini kitchen looked new. We had oceanfront room and that was the best part!! Loved waking up to the view of the ocean and sound of the waves. Easy to walk to beach.
Has pool in parking lot but was not open yet too cold.
Parking is real pain in the neck. Make sure you have your "permit" on the dash or you will get a warning on your car saying it would be towed. My pass blew off the dash when I shut my car door and I had a warning saying it would be towed. Front desk had my info on car and told me " I had no pass" before i even said anything which kind of annoyed me. They told me this when I went down to have my keys reprogrammed which magically both stopped working, yet they were quick to place blame on us stating we had it too close to a cell phone or credit card, even though I had them seperated the whole time.
This place is in walking distance to Seacrets, so you will have loud rowdy drunks coming in at 2 am. That is one if main reasons we stay at this place, but we are not out of control. Something to consider if you are a light sleeper.
Place not walking distance to boardwalk.
Prices were hiked up due to car show weekend, but place probably wouldn't be too bad of a deal off season or during a normal summer week.
Overall decent hotel, clean, and slightly updated. Best part was how close it was to the beach and the wonderful view.
Typical "shore" hotel and we weren't disappointed as we knew not to go in with high expectations.
We would probably stay again if we had to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel under new ownership and management for Summer 2009! Located directly on the beach with ocean front rooms & balconies. Newly renovated rooms include flat screen TV's, pillow top mattresses, Fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster. Hotel amenities include outdoor pool, post-checkout changing rooms, complimentary coffee, book & game loans, and a positive smiling staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Atlantic Oceanfront Ocean City