“Loved the view”

Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Bensalem Pennsylvania
“Loved the view”
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here May 17th-20th for yearly car show. Place was at capacity. I've stayed at this resort prior to its renovation, so it was nice to see it cleaned up a bit on the exterior and inside the rooms. Didn't update the bathrooms however and they were pretty generic, our shower head was falling out of the wall.
To me this is your typical "shore" type hotel, and was very clean and comfortable for what we needed. No bells and whistles. AC worked good. Appliances in mini kitchen looked new. We had oceanfront room and that was the best part!! Loved waking up to the view of the ocean and sound of the waves. Easy to walk to beach.
Has pool in parking lot but was not open yet too cold.
Parking is real pain in the neck. Make sure you have your "permit" on the dash or you will get a warning on your car saying it would be towed. My pass blew off the dash when I shut my car door and I had a warning saying it would be towed. Front desk had my info on car and told me " I had no pass" before i even said anything which kind of annoyed me. They told me this when I went down to have my keys reprogrammed which magically both stopped working, yet they were quick to place blame on us stating we had it too close to a cell phone or credit card, even though I had them seperated the whole time.
This place is in walking distance to Seacrets, so you will have loud rowdy drunks coming in at 2 am. That is one if main reasons we stay at this place, but we are not out of control. Something to consider if you are a light sleeper.
Place not walking distance to boardwalk.
Prices were hiked up due to car show weekend, but place probably wouldn't be too bad of a deal off season or during a normal summer week.
Overall decent hotel, clean, and slightly updated. Best part was how close it was to the beach and the wonderful view.
Typical "shore" hotel and we weren't disappointed as we knew not to go in with high expectations.
We would probably stay again if we had to.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank SLaurenH
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest and noticing the renovations! We make upgrades every year to keep our hotels(Carousel Group Properties) up to date. Our apologies about the keys, they do get de-programmed sometimes and most of the time cell phones are the culprit.

Parking needs to be regulated considering the spaces are limited to one car per room.
Although we are a few blocks from Seacrets we do have a no party policy which is enforced to keep all our guests happy.
We are only 15 blocks from the end of the boardwalk, so its a pleasant bike ride if you are planning to visit the boards. Thanks again for being our valued guest, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I was visiting OC Maryland for my and my husband's first time . I must say how pleased I was with the staff (Janet) @ front desk . she recommended thing's to do and places to eat . She was so pleasent and easy to talk to . Loved the room , so clean and smelled so nice =) Plan on going back every year ! A++++ service and A+++ room for the price ! thank you for such a pleasant stay . Gail

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gail18056
We are honored you chose to stay with us for your first time in Ocean City! The Atlantic, like all Carousel Group Hotels, is known for having a friendly - knowledgeable staff & great rooms which all play a part in providing you with a superior experience. Thanks again for letting us play a role in your first Ocean City beach experience. We hope you come visit us again soon!
Coaldale, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Just got back from 4 day stay & the room & view were wonderful! Rooms were wonderfully clean as were halls & lobby! Plenty of towels, shower had plenty of hot water, kitchenette was great to have & the price was better than I could have imagined!! Ross was there the nite we checked in, he is so pleasant & check in only took a couple minutes, also met Irina & Janet who were very nice also!! I would recommend a stay here whether you were single (I was with my husband but would have felt very safe here even if I was alone) to a family. Hope to visit again next year, thanks Atlantic Oceanfront Inn!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shelley D
We are so happy you had a great time. We hope to see you during your next vacation to Ocean City MD! Thanks for the positive recommendation. We are always improving the quality of our hotels and your encouraging words make all of our jobs exciting and fulfilling!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My Family and I stayed here this weekend based on a friends recommendation. I must say i was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly, if i had one complaint it would be the weekend went by to quickly. I will be back and will recommend it to my friends and family. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank johnzski6520
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It was kind of empty there because we came during April and on the weekday. It was still kind of cold. But the guy at the front desk (Ross) was really nice to us (a group of 6!) The room was in a great spot with a great view. The experience was great! I would love to come back again!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Xyahli
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thanks for all the kind words! Ross is a shining example of how a front desk manager can make an important good first impression. We're glad you enjoyed the room and the view! We have some of the best rooms in Ocean City and work hard to keep it that way. Thanks again for your business, we hope to have you again next time you are in beautiful Ocean City, MD.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 11pm was in room by 11:30. I get my luggage and you have to go through a maze to get to the elevators. i was on top floor! Then i walk down the hall saw the maid said Hi to her *no responce* . Walk into the room and get a wiff of Tacos yes Tacos it smelled like a mexican fiesta. COuldn't they febreeze? The room itself was okay. The carpet was clean but the wall ehh they were Nasty the border of my balcony was black and the walls were stained. The bed was comfy, the bathroom the shower was a little nasty but not too bad. The balcony was BEATIFUL i had ocean view it was wrap around you cou;ld see the ocean great part of the bay -1 for seeing a crummy motel next door. At night time the lamp was not plugged in i wasnt i repeat NOT touching that wall. The Tv was great nice flatscreen. TIP bring your own pots my kids wouldnt eat ebcause they siad their food tasted like metal and it did the metal was so old it cripped in the oven. THe fridge was good not dirty. Now checking out, THey better fire that nasty snappy woman. I walk to the desk and ask for towels the ngith before checkign out. She looks up and says "Your goign to have to wait" it may sound good on here but she said raspy and snappy. She finnaly peers over the desk and says liek im not supposed to be there "can i help you..? Agian odd tone. I finnaly get the towels. Now checking out i got the manegar John i think his name was! He was awesome! I had trouble with my card that it wasn't goign through he sorted it all out! +1 for him he was nice, eh also was the runenr he got everyone int heir rooms their towels etc. Thanks John :)
This hotel should get 2 stars but because of balcony beds and john it got 4.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank TheTravelingCritic
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear valued customer your concerns have been addressed and we are proud to say we are opening with a positive attitude and a new attention to detail for the Summer season of 2012. We have hired a stellar team of employees excited to make your stay one to remember. You will be happy to know that we have renovated a lot of the rooms and have made some exceptional upgrades to the Atlantic Ocean Front Inn. Keep up to date with all the special promotions on our face-book page and by signing up to our email list on the website. We look forward to having you again this 2012 Summer Season.
Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Every year in June, my cousin and I go to the beach for a few days to relax, shop and lay on the beach. We usually always stay at the Atlantic. I have never in all my years going here had a bad experience!! I cant say enough about the staff, and how accomidating they are! They are always there with a warm smile, prompt with whatever our needs may be! Our rooms have always been clean, and have a wonderful view. I would encourage anyone to stay in this hotel, its very nice for the price.

Room Tip: ocean front are really nice views, second floor or higher