Me and a couple of my girlfriends went to OC Labor Day Weekend just for 2 days/1 night as ,what was hoped to be, a fun last mini-vacation of the summer. We stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn and it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life.
First off, the staff was incredibly rude and unprofessional.. I cannot even stress that enough. The hotel was absolutely filthy... some lightbulbs worked, some didn't, one cheap plastic chair on the balcony, the door handle was broken and had to be opened only a certain way, the bathrooms disgusting, beds hard as a rock, etc etc.
When first entering the hotel we noticed that the toilet had been stomped up. With absolute disgust, we immediately called the front desk to ask to have that fixed. We waited and waited for someone until we finally had to call again in which they explained that they had already come to our room and no one answered, which was a complete lie. They continued to argue with us saying that we had to go down to THEM and they would give us a plunger!! I was absolutely appalled and complained that I would absolutely not plunge a toilet that we found like that when we entered our room. They continued to argue saying that the maintainence worker was off and no one was there to do it so we had to and "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". After a couple minutes she finally said ok she'll have someone come up. When they knocked on the door, they handed us the plunger and walked away. Absolutely rude and disgusting if you ask me.
So after this occurrence and all of us frustrated as it is, we noticed that the bathroom had absolutely no towel, floor mats, wash clothes, etc. What hotel does that? Again, we called the front desk to ask if they could bring us towels. They replied that if we wanted towels WE had to go get them ourselves downstairs. Are you kidding? Again implying that "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". When the towels were retrieved from the front desk they had only given us 2 so we explained we would be needing more and they refused to give us any more than 2 towels. Not to mention, the staff was just sitting there playing Solitaire on the computer. We were absolutely beyond furious at this point!
Later on, we realized we needed more pillows. Again, called the front desk to ask if we could get more pillows. They flat out said that we could absolutely not get any more pillows. Not to mention, we were again told "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". We were stuck using the pillows from the couches! The flat pillows and the rock hard beds with one itchy thin comforter caused the most horrible nights sleep, as you can imagine.
I couldn't stress to you more what a horrible hotel this is, regardless of the decent prices and ok view. Having to deal with the incredibly rude staff and the dirty rooms is definitely not worth it. Please, please, please do not waste your time or money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel under new ownership and management for Summer 2009! Located directly on the beach with ocean front rooms & balconies. Newly renovated rooms include flat screen TV's, pillow top mattresses, Fully equipped kitchens with refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster. Hotel amenities include outdoor pool, post-checkout changing rooms, complimentary coffee, book & game loans, and a positive smiling staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Atlantic Oceanfront Ocean City