“The worst hotel experience BY FAR”

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
North Beach, MD
“The worst hotel experience BY FAR”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Me and a couple of my girlfriends went to OC Labor Day Weekend just for 2 days/1 night as ,what was hoped to be, a fun last mini-vacation of the summer. We stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn and it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life.

First off, the staff was incredibly rude and unprofessional.. I cannot even stress that enough. The hotel was absolutely filthy... some lightbulbs worked, some didn't, one cheap plastic chair on the balcony, the door handle was broken and had to be opened only a certain way, the bathrooms disgusting, beds hard as a rock, etc etc.

When first entering the hotel we noticed that the toilet had been stomped up. With absolute disgust, we immediately called the front desk to ask to have that fixed. We waited and waited for someone until we finally had to call again in which they explained that they had already come to our room and no one answered, which was a complete lie. They continued to argue with us saying that we had to go down to THEM and they would give us a plunger!! I was absolutely appalled and complained that I would absolutely not plunge a toilet that we found like that when we entered our room. They continued to argue saying that the maintainence worker was off and no one was there to do it so we had to and "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". After a couple minutes she finally said ok she'll have someone come up. When they knocked on the door, they handed us the plunger and walked away. Absolutely rude and disgusting if you ask me.

So after this occurrence and all of us frustrated as it is, we noticed that the bathroom had absolutely no towel, floor mats, wash clothes, etc. What hotel does that? Again, we called the front desk to ask if they could bring us towels. They replied that if we wanted towels WE had to go get them ourselves downstairs. Are you kidding? Again implying that "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". When the towels were retrieved from the front desk they had only given us 2 so we explained we would be needing more and they refused to give us any more than 2 towels. Not to mention, the staff was just sitting there playing Solitaire on the computer. We were absolutely beyond furious at this point!

Later on, we realized we needed more pillows. Again, called the front desk to ask if we could get more pillows. They flat out said that we could absolutely not get any more pillows. Not to mention, we were again told "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". We were stuck using the pillows from the couches! The flat pillows and the rock hard beds with one itchy thin comforter caused the most horrible nights sleep, as you can imagine.

I couldn't stress to you more what a horrible hotel this is, regardless of the decent prices and ok view. Having to deal with the incredibly rude staff and the dirty rooms is definitely not worth it. Please, please, please do not waste your time or money.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Malarky1026

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
new jersey
Reviewed 7 August 2008

this hotel was beyong horrible! me my husband and my two children one 15 and one 12 walked in and it was a mess. the toilet was broken not even attatched to the ground. there was no toilet paper only two towels. the couch smelled like throw up. the chair by the table was broken and the carpet tacks were sticking out of the ground. there was a pretty nice view but that was about it, the beds were not confortable and the chairs on the balcany were plastic chairs. the staff were very rude and they didnt vaccume or clean our room. they didnt take all the dirty towels off the floor in the bathroom and they were just beyond rude. we will NEVER stay there again and i reccomend that no one stays in this hotel.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank vacationlover45
maryland
Reviewed 7 July 2008

First of all 3 cars were towed illegally one being ours. All the cars were registered with the hotel. The manager was very nice about this and paid for the towing. When we checked out the room was messy (typical boys room) the staff demanded that we clean the room or they would charge my credit card. I went back up to a room that was trashed. They threw soda on the walls and broke a lamp and said we did it all. This was not the case. I asked the women isn't the maid suppose to clean the room. The maid then cussed at me and said I am not a [--] maid. When I got home i tried calling the manager and they would not let me speak to her. The put a guy on the phone and told me that they have a warrant out for my arrest and they also charged $300 on my credit card. Don't stay here they are very unpleasant people that are trying to scam you.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jenay33