“Great, well maintained hotel”

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Great, well maintained hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Personally, I do not like staying in a hotel/motel; all my life, I have rented a house. This was my first visit to Ocean City MD, which I had planned to stay with my daughter; we did stay with her for one night, when I decided I wanted to extend my 'mini' vacation, found this Inn....the room I got was an Ocean Front room; a balcony overlooking the beach/ocean; room was very clean, nice clean kitchen, just a perfect experience!

Room Tip: If you choose an Ocean Front room, get a room on the 2nd floor and up; there are dunes on the beach...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Debbie M
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your excellent review, I am very pleased to hear about your great stay with us. As you noted the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn has very clean rooms with superb views of the beach and ocean. Thank you for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn for your oceanfront accommodations and we hope to see you again soon!
Matthew James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have one more night here and I really don't want to stay. The condition of the room was poor there was cracks, holes, dirt spots all though the room. Than I took a shower there was dirty tub map. The worst part was when I pulled the sheets back to get ready for bed there was BLOOD and women hair all in the bed I have pictures. The male from the front desk came and saw the bed and gave us a new room but, now I don't want to sleep I'm ready to go home.

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank munkygirl
Dear Munkygirl,
I apologize for your less than excellent stay here at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn. We are always updating the guest rooms and are quick to resolve any problems at the time of your stay. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff and your concerns will not be an issue in the future. Thank you for staying with us during your Ocean City vacation, we hope to see you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a memorable experience.
The hotel is steps away from the beach. The rooms are more than your simple hotel room. They have a small kitchennette with cooker, fridge, microwave. You can prepare simple meals.

The ocean front view from the balconies is amazing

The staff were very pleasant and the hotel is kept very clean and tidy.

We will surely be back !

Room Tip: ocean front rooms on 3rd to 5th floor have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Anne W
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a guest of the Carousel Group you can always count on a friendly staff and clean hotel rooms along with many different amenities. Thank you for choosing the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn for your Oceanfront accommodations while staying in beautiful Ocean City. We hope to see you soon again!
Yorktown, VA
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend during the off season. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We found this to be a wonderful oceanfront location and for the price we paid, feel it was a good value. The hotel is older, but the room was spacious and clean. The small kitchen center was convenient. If it were swimming season, we would have really enjoyed walking just a few short steps to the beach. We paid $86 per night for an ocean view room reserved through a "block of rooms reserved for an athletic event," so for that price with the terrific location, we were okay with a basic room without a lot of frills.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TV7
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear valued customer, thanks for the review and thanks for choosing The Atlantic Oceanfront Hotel for your beach accommodations! We do pride ourselves on being a great value for the price and proximity to The Beach, Seacrets, 45th st shopping center and The Convention Center. We can't wait to have you as our guest again!

The Carousel Group Management
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Check pricing on this if you are coming to Ocean City with family. I stayed here as part of a "block" for an athletic event and we were off season. the room was 160/night and though Ocean City IS a resort town, it was not a peak travel time and the streets of ocean city were far from populated and our hotel seemed almost empty. This "inn" was rustic, and i would suspect built many, many years ago. Our room was relatively spacious and seemed clean but smelled very musty/moldy and ceiling showed signs of water damage and in fact plaster was hanging from ceiling. Beds were decent (pillows not great) and view was not bad for an oceanview balcony but you did have to go out on the balcony to see something other than the hotel(not a great hotel to look at either) next door. Our room for 160 included two queen size beds,and a sleeper sofa, a kitchen table and kitchen ( fridge, sink, stove and cabinets) and a bathroom with a sink. So room was not small. The pool was very small and outdoors and closed due to the season and if I had small children, I know they would be disappointed in the pool that was more like the size that a house in a small neighborhood would have with view of the parking lot!.. Hotel was not far from the convention center which is why we chose it and it was adequate but I do not feel it was worth 160. I would not have paid half of that for the room. In fact, we had to stay one night longer and decided to change hotels and though I booked on priceline and so got a good deal, I did get another hotel, a luxery one, for $54 for our last night there. the Service was good though( when we called for things, they were johnny on the spot and maids did adequate job)... room did not have a cork screw and maintenance opened our bottle with a screw and pair of plyers. I think I would not have been so disappointed if the price was right for what we were getting and maybe if it were summer and warm where we could get OUT more and not be stuck in the room.

Room Tip: choose ocean front not oceanview.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Beckie B
Dear valued guest, we thank you for your business and your review alike. The lobby and guest lounge were renovated a little over a year ago, but it should not appear rustic. The hotel itself is typically well received by all of our guests, it is surprising that you found your stay to be less then excellent.

The Oceanview does have an excellent view, but it is not advertised as an Oceanfront view. You are correct in the statement that one must be at the sliding glass door to enjoy views of the ocean.

The room is a great value considering the size, view, sleep sofas and a full kitchen. Many hotels in OCMD do not offer sleep sofas or full kitchens. The rates are a bit more considering the proximity to the beach(directly on the beach) and its location close to Seacrets, 45th st shopping center, Belly Busters, and of course The Convention Center.

We hope you offer us another opportunity to gain your business back, we truly hope to see you again in beautiful midtown Ocean City.

The Carousel Group Management
Kingsville, Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed last weekend for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and to attend the St. Patrick's Day celebration. The location was perfect and the beach view was breath taking. We had a suite on the 5th floor and the walls where so paper thin that you can hear the next room opening and closing their drawers. Each door on that floor slammed.....so all hours of the day and night the doors echoed down the hallways. When the bars closed at night the drunks coming in where loud and ridiculous. It sounded like 50 people where standing outside of my door for hours. The only thing the front desk girl would say was...."Oh, I'm so sorry." We averaged about 2-3 hrs of sleep each night. The floors had stuff on them and needed to be vacuumed and the furniture was so dusty you could write your name in the dust!! The refrigerator was so loud it kept you up at night. We even had a late check out on Sunday but left at 8am to get home so we could sleep!!! Not recommended for families....only people who would like to party and stay up all night!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melanie E
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear valued guest, we apologize for the perceived quality of your stay. We are flattered that you decided to spend your 15 year anniversary with us. We typically do not get complaints in regards to noise but our front desk staff member should have offered a room move to alleviate any of the issues you were experiencing. Additionally, we have a no party policy which should have been enforced. We are investigating this matter to make sure this problem is not duplicated in the future. The quality you describe the room as is not typical to our adherence to quality assurance. Congratulations once more on your anniversary, we hope you give us another chance to earn your business and show you why we are one of Ocean City's favorite hotels.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn for two months while working on a movie in Ocean City, MD. Check out Ping Pong Summer coming to theaters soon! They were so inviting and amenable to our sizable crew. Extremely pleasant staff, with whom I often shared conversations in the evenings. I went for sunrise swims and night swims often on the beach just footsteps from the hotel. I cooked for myself and for my colleagues all the time; the kitchen had everything I needed! The little balcony was so cozy. I often had brunch al fresco. Thanks, Atlantic Oceanfront! You made our time in Ocean City a delight!

Room Tip: Ocean Facing, I'd imagine, are where it's add, but a good value is Ocean View--but on the si...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
carouselresort, Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear valued guest, we had a great time while you were staying with us in beautiful Ocean City! We can't wait for the release of Ping Pong Summer, we heard it did great at The Sundance Film Festival. We are so happy you had a great time at our hotel and we look forward to having you again as our guest!

The Carousel Group Management Team