“Great Value, Great View, Great Staff, Great Stay!!!”

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #36 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Boyfriend and I headed to OC w/o reservations, hoping we could find something once we arrived. After checking out a few other places, we choose Atlantic Oceanfront Inn for the friendly staff and the value. The staff made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed!!! The view was spectacular!!!! Enjoyed the evening on the balcony watching the waves crash! The room was recently renovated(up tp date). We only stayed one night so didnt really use the kitchen but would be nice for a longer stay. The King bed was one of the most comfy hotel beds ever. I felt like the room was clean and didnt have to ask for anything!!! Would stay again.

1  Thank krhoy20

Reviewed 21 May 2009

All of the service was great, Newly remodeled nicely done Beautiful beach hope to go back again

1  Thank edgg
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Location is very accessible and right in middle of where you want to be in town. When we pulled up to the Atlantic that is oceanfront we were warmly received by their front desk. Within moments we were in our beautiful room overlooking the ocean. The manager during most of our stay was John who is very helpful and will go out of his way to make sure your happy and enjoying yourself. The front desk and maid staff are also extremely kind and will go out of their way to make sure your content. Overall very pleasant experience and recommend the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank swr9152
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I had stayed here a couple years ago and it was OK but after reading the reviews I was leary of returning. I like to stay in this area because I don't want to be right on the boardwalk as I go to Ocean City for the beach and this is a beautiful area for that. I was informed the hotel is under new Ownership this year and I was very pleased with my entire trip! They have a very friendly and attentive staff. Everything looks brand new. We stayed in Oceanfront room which was very clean and had plenty of room and even had a flat screen TV to pass the time during a brief may shower. It is very close to restaurants and bars. It is also a quick trip to the boardwalk. We will be back!!!

1  Thank Villapark430
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Fantastic stay from beginning to end….friendly staff, clean rooms, and a view that can’t be beat!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2008

When I first walked into the lobby, it was a mess, unattractive, and the desk attendant was rude. next getting items into the hotel was extremely rough and the room was dirty. I had to ask for a vacume cleaner 2 days into our stay and vacume the room myself. the clean towels were rough. thats the only thing we got was clean (rough) towels everyday. No hair dryer or iron in the rooms. dishes and refrigerater was dirty. NEVER again will I stay at this place and would like to get a refund back for the horrible shock and experience we had staying at this hotel. VERY DIRTY.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gingergoldie
AtlanticManager, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2009

Good day,

I am sincerely sorry for any past experiences that anyone may have had at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn. The hotel is under new ownership for the 2009 season and we have a great new staff! The hotel has gone through incredible renovations for 2009 including new appliances and flat screen T.V.'s in all of our oceanfront rooms.

Please feel free to contact us as 410-289-6424 to report any poor experiences you may have had in the past because we would like a chance to EARN your trust and loyalty once more. Thanks for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,
John Luff

Atlantic Oceanfront Inn
410-289-6424

Reviewed 1 September 2008

Me and a couple of my girlfriends went to OC Labor Day Weekend just for 2 days/1 night as ,what was hoped to be, a fun last mini-vacation of the summer. We stayed at the Atlantic Oceanfront Inn and it was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life.

First off, the staff was incredibly rude and unprofessional.. I cannot even stress that enough. The hotel was absolutely filthy... some lightbulbs worked, some didn't, one cheap plastic chair on the balcony, the door handle was broken and had to be opened only a certain way, the bathrooms disgusting, beds hard as a rock, etc etc.

When first entering the hotel we noticed that the toilet had been stomped up. With absolute disgust, we immediately called the front desk to ask to have that fixed. We waited and waited for someone until we finally had to call again in which they explained that they had already come to our room and no one answered, which was a complete lie. They continued to argue with us saying that we had to go down to THEM and they would give us a plunger!! I was absolutely appalled and complained that I would absolutely not plunge a toilet that we found like that when we entered our room. They continued to argue saying that the maintainence worker was off and no one was there to do it so we had to and "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". After a couple minutes she finally said ok she'll have someone come up. When they knocked on the door, they handed us the plunger and walked away. Absolutely rude and disgusting if you ask me.

So after this occurrence and all of us frustrated as it is, we noticed that the bathroom had absolutely no towel, floor mats, wash clothes, etc. What hotel does that? Again, we called the front desk to ask if they could bring us towels. They replied that if we wanted towels WE had to go get them ourselves downstairs. Are you kidding? Again implying that "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". When the towels were retrieved from the front desk they had only given us 2 so we explained we would be needing more and they refused to give us any more than 2 towels. Not to mention, the staff was just sitting there playing Solitaire on the computer. We were absolutely beyond furious at this point!

Later on, we realized we needed more pillows. Again, called the front desk to ask if we could get more pillows. They flat out said that we could absolutely not get any more pillows. Not to mention, we were again told "if [we] didn't like it [we] can complain to the manager in the morning". We were stuck using the pillows from the couches! The flat pillows and the rock hard beds with one itchy thin comforter caused the most horrible nights sleep, as you can imagine.

I couldn't stress to you more what a horrible hotel this is, regardless of the decent prices and ok view. Having to deal with the incredibly rude staff and the dirty rooms is definitely not worth it. Please, please, please do not waste your time or money.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends