“Great Place To stay!!”

Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
CANTON
“Great Place To stay!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Comfort Inn was very nice to us treated us like family helped out anyway the could,very clean rooms and very friendly people taking care of us.Our housekeeper Cindy Jones was just out of this world can't wait to go back again to see everyone thank you very much for a great vacation for me and my family!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WANDA305

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Me and hubby went there for our anniversary Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel has a great location. We could literally walk right out of the door and step on the boardwalk. They have 2 pools an indoor and an outdoor. The indoor pool was a little musty the 1st day but when we went back the second day it was cleaner. It wasn't hot enough to get in the outdoor pool and it was kind of small anyway. 10 people probably would have been uncomfortable. Breakfast was also included. It was OK.. waffles, bacon and powdered eggs that were scrambled. Other than that is was basically continental. The room was nice though with a nice balcony. We had a street view but it was still nice because the ocean is on one side and the bay on the other. It was alright for the price and I probably would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simoncakes_56
Central, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We got in late and had to check out the next day ( they did let us Abe a late check out), so we didn't get to see much. However, we had no concerns. Room was clean, comfortable. Staff at night and the morning were friendly. Price was affordable. Easy location to walk to lots of places on the board walk. Housekeepers were super friendly and talked with us the next day. I would check it out again on a longer trip.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank onaneedtoknowbasis
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I shared a room with 3 friends. I slept on the pull out sofa; the mattress was a bit lumpy. The room originally didn't have enough towels and bed linen. I went to the lobby to request additional items, and the staff was very friendly and cooperative.

Our room was on the first floor in a separate building from the front desk. It was good having the ramp to pull a cart with luggage. Our room was next to the indoor pool. The restroom and changing room were quite small - for single use only. These rooms were a bit messy when I visited them. I was disappointed to learn that the indoor went to 5 ft. I couldn't lap swim due to the shallowness, and it was very chilly outside to go into the ocean or use the outdoor pool.

As for breakfast, there was plenty of food. The dining area was very small, so people could eat outside or in their rooms. Unfortunately, there was only 1 tray to carry food to the rooms. This is a problem when several people are sharing the room. The eggs weren't very good, but they didn't taste like powdered eggs as other people mentioned to me.

Our iron and clock didn't work. This might have been a big problem if this had been a business trip. With cell phones, I used mine as as an alarm clock. There were many outlets to accomodate all the cell phones and video camera used by my friends.

There was a small balcony but it was a bit noisy on ground level. I visited friends in another room on the fifth floor and it was a lot better on their balcony.

The microwave and refrigerator worked well. Thanks for including them in the room. I also liked having real dishes.

I had to go to another floor for the ice machine as my floor didn't have one. I liked the security of the door with card key entry. The parking lot was a bit small, but the company has space at another lot a block away. My friend verified in person before moving our car, so we wouldn't be without a parking space.

The hotel was, but I would have preferred more. I will continue to use Choice hotels. Next time, I would try another location at Ocean City. I woul like a larger pool and more space for the dressing/shower rooms. When travelling with a group, it's nice to have the additional shower facities to save time for fun. I don't want to be in the room all day waiting for people to use the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank maggieaynne
Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed 24 May 2013

First of all the room are what they look like on the website. I have stayed at 5 stars and no stars hotel, this one is is a strong 3 stars. We were in the Ocean Front building which I think I got the last room for Memorial Day weekend. The fact that it was in the 60 and raining the stay was still nice. The free breakfast was nice a treat (the eggs were awful). The place was clean and we were right on boardwalk with a great view of the ocean(loved that). I we had no issue with parking or the internet. The flat screen TV was also nice and they had a nice selection of cable channels the best of any hotel I have ever stayed. I stayed with my two boys and we all had I own beds and a lot of room. The kitchenette was also great. The inside pool was in the other building but that was only a short walk and it was heated.

Room Tip: Stay in the ocean front room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Keishakirkland4u
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The staff was highly disengaged and could not provide adequate information regarding good restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was really bad, as the eggs tasted like they came from a powder and the milk was spoiled. The hotel itself is two buildings, with reception located closer to the boards. Yet, this reception office is not well marked, which can make it hard to find. The hallways smelled of cigarettes as did the sheets. There was a fitness center, only an indoor and outdoor pool.

Room Tip: some of the rooms face the ocean and boardwalk
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights the week before Memorial Day. I booked easily over the phone with the manager Darrin who was very pleasant. We stayed in an ocean front room and I was surprised that the room actually looked like its pictures. Most of the places in Ocean City are pretty dated so this room was a nice change. Everything was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. The little kitchenette was also nice to have. Even the housekeepers were extremely friendly. It's right on the boardwalk next to The Kite Loft. It was cool seeing the kites flying right outside our balcony. Overall it was a very nice trip, definitely a good price for everything we got

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family