Comfort Inn Boardwalk
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$155
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$172
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$143
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$430
US$176
US$166
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$177
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$110
Orbitz.com
All reviewskite loftyogurtoutdoor poolfree breakfastocean frontsecond buildingroom was cleanthe breakfast areamake your own wafflesbuilding next doormain buildingnice breakfastgood sizestove topsmall kitchenettepeople watchingtwo double beds
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Comfort Inn Ocean Front 5th Street...satisfied all of my hotel needs...Beds were very comfortable..I was surprised to find it had a Kitchenette that included a Stove, Microwave, and Refrigerator.even had dishes to include pots and pans....It is a smaller hotel with only 5 floors, but I like the smaller quaint hotels...gives it you a more personal touch..I will stay at this hotel again!! Hopefully longer than just 2 nights next time!!

Room Tip: Ocean View 5th floor is recommended for a Fantastic View
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SONYA152
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Location is excellent for his place with easy access to everything on the boardwalk. The ocean front rooms with balcony allow you to rise to the ocean waves and sun. You can enjoy the view from the balcony. However since smoking is not restricted on the balconies, if someone is smoking at a nearby balcony it can ruin your stay because even the room door cannot be kept open now as the smoke wafts in and smells up the room. The place should be completely non-smoking. People in non-smoking rooms should not be allowed to smoke in the balcony. They are likely to smell up the room also for the next guest and all the guests around them. During most of our stay the people next door were smoking on the balcony all the time and it ruined our first day. We talked with the management and they said they could not do anything about it since smoking was allowed on the balcony. That was quite strange for a non-smoking room! Otherwise the place has a lot going for it. It is a little cramped in the breakfast room and the elevator is slow. Off season prices were good. Not sure why there was a separate "resort fee" per night which was not included in the price when we booked through the Choice Hotels web-site. Beds and room was fine with a fridge, microwave and kitchenette.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rimjhim1
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Comfort Inn Boardwalk in Ocean City MD is at 5th Street, right on the beautiful boardwalk by the beach. Very clean. We had a balcony overlooking the boardwalk, beach, and ocean. This is the friendliest, most helpful hotel staff I've every encountered. Darrin, front desk day shift, was terrific in helping us make the reservation, giving us a great view, answering questions, and doing anything he could to make our stay enjoyable. Chris Greenwood, front desk evening shift, was super helpful as well, constantly going above and beyond what I would ordinarily expect of the front desk. Marie in housekeeping took good care of our room and was so friendly - she made me feel "at home". The maintenance staff was great too, quickly tending to a minor issue. Breakfast is the typical Comfort Inn hot breakfast, eggs-bacon-waffles-yogurt etc., fare. Besides the beach and walking the boardwalk, be sure to checkout nearby Assateague State Park/National Seashore for stretches of undeveloped beach with wild horses roaming free.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the north corner give the best view of the boardwalk since one can see far to the north, but I think any ocean-side room would be great since they all have balconies. We liked to leave our balcony door partially open at night to fall asleep to the sound of he surf (there were no flying bugs when we were there in October.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse A
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good location on boardwalk. Parking is a little tight with a work truck. Rooms were reasonable during the "Off-Season". It appeared my room was recently remodeled and was very comfortable. I left too early to try breakfast, but it appeared to be a nice spread with some variety. I would recommend staying during non peak times as the price will be sky high in the middle of summer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Breakfast pros: Many options, including make-your-own waffles; English muffins and bread you can toast yourself; plastic-wrapped Sara-Lee sweet muffins; plastic-wrapped pastries; one morning there were hard-boiled eggs; coffee and tea (available all day); fruit (oranges, apples, pears); juices (cranberry, orange, apple, probably canned or reconstituted but they all tasted good); hot bacon; scrambled eggs; yogurt; condiments such as little containers of peanut butter and "buttery spread".
Breakfast cons: The scrambled eggs tasted like reconstituted powdered ones so I wouldn't recommend. No cream cheese for the muffins available when we were there. I would have loved some for my English muffin. If you like real butter bring your own.
Room pros: We had an oceanfront room and the view was lovely, overlooking all the kites that the next-door Kite Loft was flying. That was fun to see. The bathroom vanity had lots of room for our toiletries, etc. The bed mattresses and pillows were clean and very comfortable, and I'm very picky about these things. Small kitchenette with stove-top, microwave, and a really deep sink came in very handy. Comfortable Adirondack-style chairs on the balcony which I loved because I could set my coffee on the flat chair arms. Room was cleaned to my satisfaction with a few exceptions (see cons).
Room Cons: Bathroom towels were adequate but not as absorbent as they could be because they were a cotton blend. This is a typical problem of hotel towels, though. The water pressure is adequate but I wouldn't call it strong. When we arrived there were a few pieces of stray paper on the rug which was no big deal because the rest of the room was clean. My main complaint was some odd smell that came from the microwave. I cleaned it thoroughly before using it (the hotel provides a dish-cloth and dish-towel and also dish-soap) but still, the odd odor lingered for a while before going away. The plastic door to the freezer section of the refrigerator kept falling off and that was annoying.
Miscellaneous Pros: The staff was very accommodating, friendly but professional. The inside pool and the pool area was clean and the water pleasant (I'd describe it as being on the cool side of luke-warm) so I found it very easy to get used to. There were lots of towels in the pool area, on a cart.
Miscellaneous Cons: There is only one parking space allowed per room, so if you are meeting a friend then one of you will be offered, for $10 extra each night depending on availability, parking in their auxiliary lot, which is a block away next to a dark alley. There is mostly free street parking which I was very happy with, but be aware that in this section of O.C. the street block closest to the boardwalk is metered parking.
I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it. (note: we did not use the outdoor pool but other guests told us it was cold).

Room Tip: For best view of the ocean shoreline, choose 4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends