“Great stay at the Paradise Plaza Inn”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Location, location, location is TOPS on vacation! In addition, first and last impressions are memorable. From check-in to check-out, the professional, friendly staff was top-notch. The VIEW is every bit as awesome as everyone talks about, and well worth booking the ocean view. Our spacious room was very bright and airy thanks to the incredible balcony view, clean tile floors, loved the Jacuzzi tub, and especially the makeup mirror and individually wrapped makeup remover towelettes -- nice touch! We stayed here a little over a year ago, and I didn't remember getting those. We also enjoyed the Taphouse Bar and Grill thanks to its renovation, good food and great prices. Even the guys in the Sunsations shop were super nice and friendly, despite it being such a busy weekend. I was quite impressed that even the General Manager was helping guests with check out, and when one party proceeded to throw their luggage from the 5th floor balcony down to the parking lot to save carrying it down the elevator, the General Manager handled the situation with extreme professionalism and composure. On the flip-side, the swimming pool is small and next to the parking lot, but then we went for the beach so we didn't use the pool. Our family will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank MarciaMill
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for you kind review! You too found our location ideal as most of our guests do. It is tough to beat. It is always nice to hear positive comments about the staff as we constantly strive to be hospitable and friendly and that is often one of the most memorable experiences guests remember. Nice to see that our partners, the TAPHOUSE and Sunsations were utilized during your stay and well received. The TAPHOUSE is new this year and we were hoping for a great kickoff and hoping it will remain a hot spot year round. If the feedback continues about the great food, they should have no problem.

I hope you were not one of the guests "dodging" the "flying luggage". What our pool lacks in size, I hope you would agree that nonetheless, it is refreshing and our location as well as the huge Atlantic Ocean, makes up for it.

We look forward to your return.

With Hospitality,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My husband and I decided to do a last minute weekend trip to Ocean City, we had no idea to what hotel we were going to stay in and decided to find one when we got there. We bought our son who is 14 and his friend along. The hotel staff when we inquired about the hotel was very nice, they even gave us a key to look over the room before we made the decision. The room was spacious, clean and in a very convenient location. Our son and his friend had a greaqt time. They spent most of their time on the boardwalk and at the fair which was in walking distance from the hotel. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the scenary. We look forward to going back in September and our planning to bringing friends with us. I think this hotel is one of Ocean City's best kept secret.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an oceanfront room, they are the best
1  Thank Regina0115
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you so much for your positive response. I am glad you decided to "pull in" to look at the hotel since you didn't have a reservation and we were able to accommodate you. I am sure your son and his friend had a great time because yes indeed we are so close and within walking distance to the rides at the inlet and many of the arcades. Being located right on the Boardwalk can keep children and adults a like plenty busy with all of the activity and interesting personalities strolling up and down. We look forward to your return in September as well. Be sure to inquire about our "return guest rate" as that will save you some money and is one of our ways to say thank you for your business.

With Hospitality -

Reviewed 23 July 2011

We planned to get away for a long fourth of July weekend beach trip, and it could not have been any better! From the beautiful weather, to the location of the hotel, to the location on the Boardwalk, this trip was well worth it!! The kids (5 and 1 years old) loved the beach, and the nightly walks to different restaurants and specialty shops. This was a busy holiday weekend, but it wasn't too crazy! The hotel room was ok, but we were only there to sleep. We chose a partial ocean view, it was cheaper and you could still see the ocean! The bathroom (tub) could have been a bit bigger, but when you're on vacation- you try not to have a care in the world. Upon arriving, we needed a new refridgerator since the one in our room did not close shut. They were very quick with replacing it! The Maintenance guy was super nice and helpful. I went to iron some clothes, but our ironing board was broken. The legs just busted off. Customer service could have been better. Just a bit more friendly at the front desk. Maybe a smile, or a simple hello. It's a little rundown, no air in the hallways or in the elevator. Updates would be ideal for this hotel, considering the location... it could be a goldmine!!! We hope to return again!!!! It was a very memorable family vacation!

Room Tip: We had a partial ocean view room, and we could still see the ocean!
1  Thank Sandy1020
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad you and your family had a memorable 4th of July vacation. I see that you too enjoyed the location and view as it is by far one of our major selling points. I am sorry we fell short on a few of your expectations. If you didn't already know, for a smaller hotel, we have quite a few different room types, most of which are oceanfront and with larger jacuzzi tubs in the bathrooms. I might suggest one of the those for your next visit. I am glad to hear that our maintenance department was cordial and reacted quickly to your need for a new refrigerator and sorry we missed the broken legs on the ironing board before your arrival. I am disappointed with your front desk experience as many of our reviews comment on how friendly that staff is. I am aware of the A/C issue in the hallways and actually just last week our Maintenance Department has begun addressing that problem and has already been able to correct a few of the hallways. That is a job that we will certainly continue with. Please keep in mind that the winter is the time that we make many of our upgrades and changes. Although nothing has been pinpointed yet, we will certainly be making some positive headway with some new projects this coming winter. Please keep us in mind for a future stay. We would love to continue being part of your family vacations.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

It has been several years since we've stayed at Paradise Plaza and we forgot just how nice of a place it is. Not only are the rooms nice, perfect boardwalk location, but the staff is just a genuine group of friendly faces. The gals at the desk, the security patrols.... all smiling and offering the best hospitality. Of course the restaurant and the shops make for nice conveniences, but the staff at Paradise Plaza made you feel welcome.

Room Tip: They offer suites that have a second private sleeping area with another guest bathroom. That is pe...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

We wondered where you have been! I am thrilled to hear that you returned to the Paradise Plaza after a couple of years absence. I am also glad to hear that you still found it as nice as you had remembered it to be. We continue try to and make improvements every year and especially in the winter during our "down time". We are very fortunate as our staff has had some longevity and they are a friendly bunch. As I am sure you know, training staff and keeping them happy with a positive attitude can be difficult but it IS the one thing that will set any hotel apart from the competition. I am glad you felt comfortable with the hospitality and the friendliness. I am pleased you mentioned the restaurant and hope you had an equally enjoyable time there as it had just opened this past Memorial Day. You are right about the conveniences of having the shops and outlets on property, it ties everything in very nicely. Please don't make it several years again before your return visit. we would like to see you back here sooner!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Paradise Plaza Inn. Great location on the boardwalk nearby to our favorite candy and ice cream store and for people watching. The room was clean and spacious with a great balcony view of the ocean. The jacuzzi and shower (Room 307) were roomy and relaxing Very nice. The hotel staff from the reception to cleaning and maintenance was courteous and accommodating to our needs and concerns. We’ll come back to this great hotel for years to come based on our recent experience on Jun 16 through June 18.
________________________________________

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pmcc44

Thank you so much for your kind words. I know what you mean about the location and ability to "people watch". It is even more fun than at an airport. I am glad you were able to experience one of our spacious oceanfront rooms with a jacuzzi. They are certainly comfortable and have that great patio overlooking the spectacular ocean and boardwalk. I am glad to hear that you found the staff helpful and accommodating and the rooms clean. These are really the most important issues that our guests are concerned about and the ones that will set us apart from our competition. Thank you for sharing that. We all look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was very sketchy about staying at this hotel from the negative reviews I saw. The pictures online don't do it any favors either. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The front desk staff was friendly and check in took about 2 minutes. The room was clean and the air conditioning was on full blast when we arrived. The best part was the view. We had an ocean view room that had a beautiful view of the boardwalk and the ocean from our 5th floor balcony. The hotel is located in the center of the boardwalk. To it's left is nothing more than hotels really but to the right is all the fun. Just a side note and I'm not sure how related the two are but the people at the Sunsations under the hotel were just as great as the hotel itself. I bought beach chairs from them the day we arrived and one broke 10 minutes after buying it. The next day I was just going to purchase another but when they found out what happened, they replaced the chair with no questions asked and threw in a free sunsations bag. I definately will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors of the hotel, there is a much better view of the boardwalk and ocean.
3  Thank clbtam

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad your family had fun time. I do agree with you about our Web site. That is a project we will be addressing very soon and begin developing one that will be more up to date with information and pictures that do the hotel justice. I am pleased to hear of your speedy check in and walking in a cool room, especially after the summer we have had. Again the view and location is what our customers are looking for and we can deliver on that. We are like the center of all vacation activity and yes, the staff at Sunsations is very pleasant and accommodating. We make a good partnership. Please keep us in your future travel plans.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

This is a very nice hotel at 9th St and Boardwalk. It is closer to the action than I am used to but it was a wonderful time. My family checked in while I was still enroute. There was a mixup with the size of the room. I called from the car and a very sweet young lady, Gigi answered. I explained the situation and with the most plesant voice assured me that the problem would be corrected. It was, again with the nicest demeanor and a smile.Everyone at this hotel went out of their way to be polite, helpful and and courteous.The room was very nice, spacious and it had a lovely view. The pool was sparkling. The food at the restaurant was very good. Don't miss the blueberry pancakes with blueberry compote, to die for! It was such a good time for all of us. We will return.

2  Thank maryanneb587

Thank you for your review. I apologize that there was a mix up with your room but am certainly pleased that it was corrected promptly and with a pleasant attitude. Gigi is very good at that. I am also glad to hear that the rest of the staff were equally cordial and lived up to your expectations. It was nice you experienced one of the larger oceanfront rooms that our guests most often request. I hope your kids were able to play in the pool since you found it so inviting.I am especially grateful to hear such positive reviews about the TAPHOUSE since it is new this summer and we want them to stay open year round. I look forward to your return. Thank you!