“FABULOUS”

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“FABULOUS”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Fabulous! I spent my birthday & Thanksgiving at the beach & couldn't have chosen a better place to stay! The GM was a gracious warm host & made me feel comfortable & welcomed. The staff was courtesy & helpful. The view was spectacular! The sunrise was magnificent & majestic & I saw a large group of dolphins swimming! Just what the doctored ordered:) The Suite was clean and had a huge Jet Jacuzzi, which was so soothing & relaxing. Def, gonna visit again. Can't wait! I would recommend this spot to anyone who wants to enjoy their stay at the beach. Convenient location & views of the beach/ocean are to die for. Thank You Tim Goff for being a Superb GM & having great pride in your hotel.
See you soon!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sherie C
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We loved having you as our guest and most of all being part of your birthday and Thanksgiving. I am pleased that it was a memorable one and one that will bring you back time and time again in the future. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience such wonderful sites that so many of our guests come here to hopefully catch a glimpse of; primarily the sun rise and the school of dolphin. From my standpoint though I am extremely pleased that you found your room clean and the jacuzzi inviting. The convenient location and views, I never get tired of hearing and am glad that 99% of our guests never disagree on that. Thanks again. I hope to see you again soon but if not then, hopefully for your next birthday or Thanksgiving!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Germantown, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have been going to Ocean City for the past 20 years and have never dealt with a more incompetent staff. I understand that a request is just that however when the front desk person tells me I cannot have a room on a higher floor because its being held for people coming in on Saturday then I have a problem. Get this it was only Thursday that I was told this. Never have I heard of a hotel operating in such a way. When I as the customer check into a hotel I do not want to be that there are plenty of higher up rooms available but I cannot get one because its being held. These same rooms sat unoccupied until Friday and Saturday evening. Further, my a/c sounded like a jet engine. Incompetent employee number two who was the maintenance man responded, "Well, at least its not as bad as some of the rooms I've visited." I was then told there is nothing he can do about it and he exited the room. No tools in hand and he never even assessed it. Is this proper customer service?

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, my brother dropped money off the balcony and he went to the front desk to ask for assistance in retrieving it and he found the front desk person Morgan sleeping. Another customer was in the lobby irate because he had been calling the front desk for 25 minutes to set up a wake up call. Nobody was answering. Again, this is the first for me seeing a front desk staff sleeping on the job.

As for the rooms they need:

new beds
fresh paint
better lighting
balcony doors that lock
new shower heads
carpets
balcony chairs

Room Tip: Dont go here if you want nice
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank D M
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not bring up ALL these issues with me when you called to discuss your displeasure for not being able to be guaranteed a "request" for an upper floor. Once again I am sorry I was not able to accommodate you or make you understand our specific situation and the reason we could not honor your request. Although you expressed your reasoning, you have NO idea the status of our occupied rooms. Over the past 25 years I have spent many a discussion with guests about not being able to "guarantee" a request. As hard as it may be for someone not in the industry to understand, it unfortunately is the nature of the business and is a policy 99% of hotels follow. Hotels are rarely able to guarantee a specific room number, room type or particular floor. Specifics such as these are "noted" and many times can be accommodated depending on the business at that time. Please keep in mind that there are also times we have "out of order" rooms that we have to contend with that may cause us to have to move multiple reservations around, which can virtually eliminate any possibility of accommodating special requests.

Now to address the other items that you failed to mention but possibly have decided to bring up since you were not satisfied with my inability to help you. I don't doubt that you may have had a noisy air conditioner that needed to be replaced. We do that as we have mechanical issues with them. If our maintenance person handled your A/C issue the way you said they did, I am sorry. That is not the norm. If they address a problem and cannot fix it, they will typically call the desk immediately and request a room move. I apologize if this didn't happen.

I am not sure who "Morgan" is as we do not have an employee named that. Nonetheless, you are right, NO one should be sleeping on the job and it is unacceptable. I did not hear from the other guest you mentioned regarding the wake of call but hopefully our night auditor did eventually take care of his needs or at least explain to him how to set his own wake up call from the privacy of his room.

To address the other issues you brought up and I have tried to answer in previous responses is the fact that this hotel as well as most oceanfront hotels in most beach resorts is the non stop wear and tear that the buildings and furnishings take each and every summer. We have addressed many of these issues in our budgeting process for next year and hopefully many corrections will be made. Painting is a continuous job that is completed every winter, beds are in the budget, shower heads are being changed, all balcony doors have a secondary security bar added in case the actual balcony door lock has been damaged from the ocean salt air. many carpets are being replaced this winter and we will certainly be adding or replacing balcony chairs if they are damaged or missing.

I am sorry for your inconvenience and that we were not able to meet your needs and/or expectations.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Thanks, Paradise Plaza, for a memorable getaway! We enjoyed every second of our short stay and wish we were still savoring the beautiful ocean view and the warm and friendly hospitality of the staff. A special thanks to the General Manager, Mr. Tim Goff, who made sure everything was taken care of for our special reunion celebration. I highly recommend "Paradise"!!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank NurseDeano
I am thrilled to hear that you had a successful reunion celebration at the hotel and the staff pulled through. I know how important this "reunion" celebration was for your entire family and how memorable it will be. I will never forget it! I hope the only regret you have is that it was too short.

Please keep us in mind for any future visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We love this place. I have stayed here both with my boys ages 6 and 8, and with girlfriends for a girls weekend. While the rooms aren't going to be fancy upscale hotel rooms, they are basic enough and provide what you need. They always clean it very well, and the customer service at the front desk is top notch. The location is the best part - walk right out to the boardwalk - no need to drive and park. The kids love that there is an arcade a block away, and a dairy queen and candy kitchen right underneath the hotel. There is a pool, but it is tiny and in the parking lot. We just went for an off season weekend, and for the price, it's a great value and a wonderful location. The beach is literally steps away and makes it so easy to enjoy. I'd highly recommend this to any family or group who aren't "high maintenance" with wanting luxury accomodations. If you like a great value for your money and want to wake up and see and hear the ocean in the morning, this is the spot for you. They also offer a repeat customer discount, so we will continue to visit again and again.

Room Tip: We had 804 which had amazing views, and was more spacious than others. Only downfall is you can'...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank joeybagz312
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much especially after experiencing from two of our main customer basis! First and foremost our primary goal is clean rooms and friendly staff. Secondly we like to think we offer an outstanding price value and one that our customers would agree with as well. You mentioned location, the boardwalk, the arcade, Dairy Queen, Candy Kitchen, all right on premise or at least a short stones throw. The kids love it! There is NO reason to drive and park, you can walk just about anywhere. This is one of the major attractions for parents and children alike. Then you have couples and the "girlfriends" weekend getaways. All the same conveniences but just geared towards adult fun; Restaurants, Bars and Shopping. I am glad you felt like the hotel meet your needs and was worth the value.

We hope to see you again soon!

North Jackson Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I LOVE the Paradise Inn, the location is excellent just GREAT!! an one of the main reasons we stay here, been coming here for 5 years now, we stay for a week not a few days, an would love to continue coming, but my only complaint is that after 5 years you would think that things would change a little, the same curtains, the same lamps, the same bed covers, same shower curtains, an up grade the shower heads!!!!...maybe put table an chairs out on the balcony not just chairs!!...Maybe some NEW PAINT...An the cleaning staff don't speak english ;( very hard to talk to someone when all they is can't speak english....PLEASE I BEG OF YOU PLEASE DO SOME UP GRADES!!!!...I would love to rate Excellent, but not until up grade

Kim & Ben Ohio

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Coxki1003
Thank you for your review. We DO appreciate your comments. All customers are important but those of multiple years such as yourself are extremely valuable as you have seen the changes (or lack thereof) over the course of your visits. In this day and age it is of utmost importance to upgrade and renovate hotels and particularly "beach" hotels as they do take a beating during the peak season. I am pleased to let you know that we have already made plans and will be implementing some changes over the winter, many of them visual improvements. A new bedding ensemble will be introduced to freshen up the rooms as well as some of the other items you mentioned such as shower heads and curtains. Regarding "new paint", the late fall, winter and early spring is the time we go through the hotel and try to "spruce" everything up. Last year we did the same but unfortunately did not have time to complete the entire hotel. Hopefully, this year we will or at least complete any areas that may have been missed or overlooked. Staffing in the summer is always tough but we will keep your suggestion in mind as we start reviewing and hiring staff for the next season.

Please give us that 6th chance so you will return and we can obtain that "Excellent" rating from you! Thank you.

With hospitality,

Eldred, PA
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We were pleased with our stay at the Paradise Plaza Hotel. The location on the Boardwalk is excellent. Tim & his staff went out of their way to make our stay great. Parking was fine & the location of the pool in the parking lot is good as fewer people use it. After checking out several other hotels we would stay there again. My only complaint would be that there isn't king beds available in the ocean front rooms.

Rod & Joanie
Eldred, PA

Room Tip: Go with the ocean front rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rod B
Thanks for the input! First of all, I am glad that you took the time to write a review of the hotel and certainly pleased that overall, you had a pleasant stay. Yes, I will admit that we have very few king bedded rooms and unfortunately none of them are oceanfront. We certainly will take that into consideration when we plan our next renovation and hopefully rectify the situation. Thanks for your business!

AMERICA
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We go to Ocean City, MD every other year and this year we stayed at Paradise Plaza Inn. It's right on the boardwalk at 9th Street. Our room, on the 4th floor, had two queen-sized beds, kitchenette, couch, large bathroom, small table w/two chairs, balcony and a great view of the ocean. Every day you were given two bottles of water, which you really need on those 85-90 degree days. Gigi, Ceaira, Stephanie and everyone else on the staff were great. I would recommend the Paradise Plaza Inn. Nice hotel and Great location.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor or higher have a greater view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JEFFREY S
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the staff of the hotel as well as other potential or current customers. I am glad you found the staff helpful and hospitable. I always try to stress the importance of customer service as that is one of the few things that can and will set you apart from the competition. Hopefully we will see you again next year and not have to wait two years!