I stayed in a oceanfront room on the 6th floor from March 1st to 4th. Ill have to admit I was a little disappointed with a few things, although I will say overall the hotel was good. First of all several of the amenities I was promised were not provided or not fully provided. Many of the channels on the TV were fuzzy unless someone wiggled the cable, the internet didnt work almost the entire time we were there (although the internet password was changed literally the 1st day we were there as we contacted the front desk the next day about it, it was still spotty the entire time and we should have been informed of the password change),the room safe was closed without a combination, and the refrigerator was broken and froze everything in the fridge portion the whole time. The front desk answered the phone only once out of atleast a dozen different times we called for our various problems. Another thing is that the floor was tiled which wouldnt have bothered me if atleast one picture on the website featured a room with tiling, its very misleading. Also not even the clock radio, a simple amenity, was not functional. All the numbers were just scrambled. Another big thing that grinned my gears was that the website clearly advertises "black-out drapes" as a feature which I liked until the morning came and the room was just overwhelmingly filled with light to the point that I bought a sleeping mask. Although in all fairness the ocean front side of the hotel is also where the sun rises, but it I really don't see how the drapes could ever be considered "black-out". Another biggie is that also under services listed is free local calls, when in the hotel room the phone said it was 50 cents a minute for local calls. Also around 1 or 2am I walked down to the front desk because they weren't answering the phone and there was a walkie talkie along with a little sign that said saying that the person was on their rounds and to push the button and say hello for assistance. I try not to be burden and I don't like to bother people so I just went back to my room. I know I could've pushed the button and got the assistance I needed but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that, it makes me feel weird forcing someone to come back to the desk and deal with some little problem and I'm sure I'm not the only human being who feels that way.
Now for the pros of the hotel. The room had a thermostat that gave you complete and total control, you could turn it to heat or a/c and adjust the temperature and clearly hear the unit click on. I like this because some hotels dont give you much control or dont allow to get very cold and I've had trouble sleeping other places. The beds were very comfortable. The room was very clean when we came in. The view was amazing and the location is unbeatable. You can walk like 10 feet and youre on the beach. The balconies had chairs. The robes were a very nice plus. The room came with plastic cups which was nice for when we got food delivered. The staff was also very nice. I am returning to this hotel for another stay this week and I'm hoping and expecting it will be better than my last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most ideal and premium located hotels in Ocean City. Sitting on the Boardwalk with a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Souvenirs, shops, burgers, ice cream and candy, all located on property! Grab the boardwalk tram or the city bus located on both sides of the hotel. An outdoor swimming pool, an in house restaurant and a customer friendly staff. Park your car and experience the entire beach resort by foot. It can't get any more convenient. From your private balcony, enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean from the water, seagulls, suntan lotions and the food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Plaza Hotel Ocean City
- Paradise Plaza Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Paradise Plaza Ocean City Md