“Couldn't be happier” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Annapolis, Maryland
“Couldn't be happier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just stayed at your hotel a couple of weekends ago after not visiting Ocean City for over a year. I wasn't sure where to stay but after reading a few reviews, mostly possitive, I decided to stay with you for the first time. Let me tell you, I couldn't be any more pleased. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to acknowlege us everytime we walked through the lobby. The manager, Tim couldn't be any more pleasant and to go out of his way more than once to address a couple of specific requests was well beyond what we would expect or what we are used to. We loved our room, we loved the view and we will certainly return and we won't wait another year. Thank you for making our weekend one to remember.

Room Tip: We were in an oceanfront room and it couldn't be beat!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Emily K
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
I am glad to hear that you finally returned to Ocean City after a short hiatus and even more so that you chose the Paradise Plaza Inn to stay. I am thrilled that you found the staff accommodating and that they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. We are very fortunate that the majority of our rooms have such a spectacular view and that you were able to experience one of them. We certainly look forward to your return visit and that it sounds like it will be sooner than later. We are always happy to hear when we are part of a guest's fond memories of Ocean City!

Tim Goff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our first trip to the Paradise Plaza was last year (July 16- 18) and we stayed in an ocean front Jac. room. We loved it. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was neat and clean with easy access to the beach. The location at 9th street and Boardwalk was the best.

We are coming back May 11-13 for a little Spring getaway and are staying on one of the Marlin suites.

We’ve been coming OC for years and this is our favorite hotel. You can’t beat it for nice rooms, price, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pmcc44
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for your kind reviews. Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we meet your expectations! Yes, most of our guests do enjoy the oceanfront Jacuzzi rooms. You can’t beat the comfort or the walking out onto your balcony to sell and view the spectacular Ocean! I was going to say, the only other room that may top that is a Marlin Suite and I see that is what you have booked for your next visit only a few weeks away! I am anxious to hear what you have to say when comparing the two. It is larger and does have all the same amenities. I am thrilled that you found the “rooms nice, price value, cleanliness and location” top notch!

DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We went for 2 nights during our Spring Break, and the hotel met our needs. It was clean, and we appreciated the bottled water in our room. We loved being able to see the ocean from our room. The weather had turned so blustery we had little interest in being out on the boardwalk, so it was great to have the view!
Negatives were as follows: the note left by the bottles of water indicated we would be left 2 bottles each day, and we weren't. Also, no cups in the bathroom! I asked at the front desk for another pillow, and the young man on duty looked at me fairly blankly...sure enough, no pillow showed up.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susie S
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
So sorry that the weather did not cooperate during you recent stay in Ocean City. I am glad you found your room clean and an ocean view to enjoy. It sounds as if you took advantage of the complimentary in room bottled water. I am sorry that we missed getting it replaced in a timely fashion. We are now considering placing cups in the bathroom as they are currently placed next to the ice bucket on the chest of drawers in the bedroom. That should be an easy fix. Do know with the start up of the season once again we sometimes find ourselves short of supplies before our standard stocking orders arrive. I am afraid that this may have been the situation with the pillow. I do apologize for this and hope you will give us a second chance as overall we feel like that we can easily meet your expectations and exceed most others. Hope to see you soon.

central pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here fall 2011, clean place, great location, decent prices. We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel, they didnt have everything on the menu and service was extremely slow. Other than that we would def stay here again.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the parking lot in the back of the hotel. it was nice view of bay and sun...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kimike611
Thank you for your response. I am glad we delivered on a couple of issues that were important to you and that was; “a clean place”, “a great location” and finally, “decent prices”. We take in pride in all of these features as it benefits everyone that stays here. I do apologize for the restaurant. Although the hotel does not operate the food and beverage it is leased out and we are in constant communication with the staff and owners of the TAPHOUSE so we can pass along any positive or negative feedback that we may hear. I know they were winding down a bit in the fall with the menu and staff especially after their first year of operation. Hopefully with the 2nd season getting ready to kick off, they may find that they might be able to remain open on a year round basis similar to the hotel schedule. If you liked the room overlooking the bay and the parking lot, you see one of our ocean front rooms. They are spectacular!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The location was great and the rooms were clean. The beds were also comfortable. Sadly, the restaurant's grill was broken, which meant a long wait for breakfast (which was good) the first morning and no restaurant the second morning. We also experienced some challenges with the neighbors in the room next to us. It was disappointing that it took numerous tries to reach the front desk staff. However, once we did, the manager responded promptly, took care of the situation and stopped by to assure us that all would be fine. Everyone was very friendly. The managers' special was a great offer that included wine, 2 glasses, and many food vouchers, including one for $40. You couldn't beat the price for this time of year (St. Patrick's Day). We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a room above the 2nd floor so that your view is not obstructed by the bathrooms (o...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swhit618
Wonderful, more clean rooms, a great location and comfortable beds! I do apologize for the restaurant grille as the 9th STREET TAPHOUSE BAR & GRILLE just re-opened St. Patty’s Day weekend to begin their second year of operation. I guess all the bugs were not worked out. It does concern me that it took a number of times for you to call down to the front desk to alert my staff that there was an issue taking place in the room next to you. I do remember you as I was the one who responded and stopped by the room in question to address the situation with the occupants there and then your room to apologize and make sure everything with you all were OK. Again I am sorry and I certainly do appreciate you taking the time to report the disturbance to the desk so that it could be addressed and not get out of hand. Glad you enjoyed the Manager’s ESCAPE package that you had apparently booked. Hope you enjoyed the champagne and the souvenir glasses. I hope you return next St. Patty’s Day weekend.

Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We came to this hotel as part of a group of 10 families. The staff members involved in the booking process and check in were very helpful, especially GiGi and Denise. I had the opportunity to visit several different rooms while I was there with a group, and they were all very nice and very clean. We had the Dolpin 2 Suite and the layout was perfect and extremely spacious.

It was off-season, so the pool was not opened. However it did look very small and it is located in the parking lot, which is less desirable than one that is by the beach. But it personally doesn't bother me that much...I am there to enjoy the beach, not a pool!

We are in the process of working with Group Sales dept again to book another block of rooms for June. This hotel is a great value for your money.

- A very satisfied, repeat customer

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kalnix
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
I am not sure what group you were with but thank you and I hope everyone had as many positive things to say about the hotel as you did. I am happy check in went smoothly and quickly and yes GiGi and Denise and are both very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately as you mentioned, our pool is small and I would tend to agree, I would prefer it to be oceanfront but there are not too many in Ocean City that can be. Nonetheless, when it is open, it is clean and refreshing and only a few steps from the ocean! I am thrilled to hear that you are working with GiGi again to book another block of rooms in June. I also think that are price value of this hotel is far superior then any of our competition. See you soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Paradise Plaza is at great location 9th street and Boardwalk. Not far from the main area of boardwalk shops and restaurants.
We have been staying at Paradise Plaza inn since 2006.
The first year we stayed in the "Dolphin" suit it over looked the pool and slight view of the bay. The next visit we stayed on the 4th floor Ocean front, it was great! each time we stayed we had a different room, but really could not complain about any of them. One visit we did call late and were unable to stay in an ocean front room but we stayed in an ocean view room on the north side of the building... Not crazy about this view of the other hotel, side public parking and slight view of the ocean and boardwalk but the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The maid service never gave us a problem with our request. We did have one issue with the curtins in one room and the staff came to our room we showed them the issue and with in minutes they were taking the curtins down and informed us they would be replaced by the time we got back from lunch..Extra towels, soap anything you need their staff was always happy to accommodate you in every way. When we return to Ocean City we will be calling and making our reservations here at the Paradise Plaza Inn on 9th and boardwalk.

Room Tip: Ocean Front, its a little more expensive but worth it. Great view of the boardwalk and beach. Ocean...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Bobby D
Thank you for all of your positive comments about the hotel. Your first impressions mirror those of most of our guests, the great location on 9th street and the boardwalk and in the heart of the main area for shops and restaurants. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and that you have been repeat guests for so long. As you mentioned, the Dolphin Suites are nice and roomy but the view is not its primary feature. With 18 different room types you do get a wide variety of selection and views and unfortunately with only 89 rooms we do not have many of any one room type. I am pleased that you found housekeeping and the staff both friendly and accommodating and the rooms clean. We constantly strive to meet these expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Ocean City. Do keep us in mind and please mention our hotel to your friends and family.