Having booked a room in March for a couple of nights during the week of July 4th, and after reading the reviews for the past two months, I figured the Paradise Plaza was going to be a good choice since, for the most part, the reviews in 2012 are mostly favorable. My expectations were as expected and we had a fabulous time in OC. When we arrived around 11:30am on the 4th I was very surprised that we were able to check in immediately. I was counting on anywhere from 2:00pm - 4:00pm. So thank you very much for that! We stayed on the 4th floor ocean front. The room was very clean and bright. The carpeting was not worn nor stained. The ocean front view was spectacular and the teenage kids really enjoyed the balcony. From the balcony we had a front row seat, and cold beer, to watch the fireworks. The bathroom was clean and it looks like it may have been updated not too long ago. The one review mentioned the shower head was old, we had no issues with the shower head. As mentioned in other reviews, the bedding is all updated, no disgusting bed spreads. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchenette was a big plus for us, and it also has a decent size refrigerator. We had no issues with service or housekeeping, and when we requested more towels from the lobby desk, a knock was at our door within 20 minutes with the towels. Nice job!! The overflow parking lot is only a quarter of a block away, I had no problems parking there. Yes, the pool is in the parking lot, but we were there for the beach and surf, so we didn't even use it. The location is perfect. Instead of driving the car to go up to Jolly Rogers for the go-cart tracks, we used public transportation, the bus, which only costs one dollar each way per person and the bus stop is on the street right at the hotel. This is a very nice hotel and believe me, my wife and myself have stayed in some national chains in Atlantic City, Ocean City NJ, Baltimore, and Orlando FL that turned out to be dumps. With the ware and tare this hotel has to go through, especially each year during senoir week in June, I must say you keep a very nice place. We will be returning next July/August. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most ideal and premium located hotels in Ocean City. Sitting on the Boardwalk with a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Souvenirs, shops, burgers, ice cream and candy, all located on property! Grab the boardwalk tram or the city bus located on both sides of the hotel. An outdoor swimming pool, an in house restaurant and a customer friendly staff. Park your car and experience the entire beach resort by foot. It can't get any more convenient. From your private balcony, enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean from the water, seagulls, suntan lotions and the food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Plaza Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Paradise Plaza Hotel Ocean City
- Paradise Plaza Ocean City Md