“Friendly, clean, great location”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Friendly, clean, great location”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I stayed there for our wedding anniversary. We were there from the 12th to 15th. They were very friendly and always greeted you. The maid service was excellent! The view of the beach was perfect and we was only steps away from stores! This is definitely going to be that place I choose to stay at anytime we are in OC! I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mfiles91
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for making us part of your special occasion. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and was hospitable and that your room was prepared and serviced to your liking. I hope you have many more enjoyable anniversaries. Please try and return before your next Anniversary.

Tim Goff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The staff was so helpful and accommodating when making my reservations; I expected our stay to be on the same level. The room looked great when we arrived, but the beds were very uncomfortable and the room was not cleaned completely after the first night. On the second night the toilet backed up, no maintenance man was onsite and we could not be moved to another room. We were forced to go to the lobby bathroom (a single and without toilet paper!) during the night and in the morning. By morning the maintenance man was about 2 hours later than promised. While he fixed the toilet, he left it filthy and therefore still unusable. The smell alone could kill you! Management was gracious enough to credit our second night, but failed to respond to an email I sent after we arrived home. I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MackLack7
I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. There are a number of issues that concern me that certainly requires my attention. You are absolutely right that your stay should be just as pleasurable as when you made your reservation. I don’t know what to say about the beds as we have more reviews stating how comfortable the beds are than uncomfortable. Often times, like many things, bed comfort can vary from person to person. I can understand how uncomfortable and inconvenient it was when your toilet backed up. I would hope that you would agree that accidents like this can happen anywhere, including your own home. These situations are never planned. I will admit though that the tardiness of our maintenance person as well as leaving the bathroom in the manner he did, without calling housekeeping to clean and deodorize the room, is unacceptable. We have addressed the situation. I hope the compensation you received was acceptable. I do apologize that you did not hear from me for a couple of days after you sent me your email but as I explained I was on vacation and answered it just as soon as I returned.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here in April, 2013 for four nights, our first time at the P.P.I. having found it online. The room (and bathroom) were clean and spacious and had 2 very comfortable queen mattresses and decent quality pillows. Much appreciated!! Nice set up-- microwave & refrigerator included an extra sink which was a bonus and free bottled water daily. We do a lot of traveling since we are retired and found this hotel was the most generous of any we've seen with towels. If you stay in some of the chains, you get just two bath towels. Here we got six bath towels daily, yay!!. Our room had a very lovely partial view of the ocean, from the balcony which I believe all the rooms have. The hotel has a restaurant which we did not visit during our stay. Only a couple minor criticisms - the water pressure in the shower wasn't great for two to shower together (didn't stop us though, it just took longer to rinse off!) and the other thing, - they charged $1.50 daily for use of the safe. At checkout, they removed it when asked. A great place to stay, very reasonable off season rates. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the descriptions at their website are pretty complete
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LT1418330
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to host you as our guests being this was the first time with us. Naturally, we strive to have all our guest’s experiences as positive as yours and it makes us happy to hear about it when we have succeeded. I do apologize for the water pressure issue. I appreciate you telling me because in the past I have never really heard of any water pressure issues. Typically it would be more hot water issues during a full house but we haven’t had those since we upgraded all of our hot water heaters a year ago. Hopefully it was an isolated incident but we will continue to monitor that. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Visited OC weekend of the 23rd of March. On a positive note PPI is a very nice hotel. We requested an ocean front, top floor room with soft beds and all of our requests were met. Room was very clean, bottled water and robes were a nice touch. Balcony view was awesome, Kichenette was nice. (adding a two burner cooktop would be a nice addition) On a negitive note be careful getting out of tub, with heat lamp on, not to grab the curtain rod because it gets as hot as a curling iron. I burned my hand (a hand grip rail would be a nice touch) also one of the matresses collapsed causing my husband to roll/fall out of bed. Fortunately it was just the two of us so we switched the matresses which solved the problem. Heating/Cooling unit is quite loud but we sleep with earplugs so it wasn't an issue for us. All in all very nice stay we will be returning.

Room Tip: Get ocean front room the view is awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Love-2-travel225
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
I sincerely do apologize for the heat lamp issue and for you getting burned. I am thankful that you told us as I can honestly say I have not heard of this happening before but after bringing this to our attention, we found that we have a few rooms where the heat lamp is over the shower rod. Fortunately it is only a small few and thanks to you we can now address the situation. I am not sure exactly what happened to the bed but I am sure our maintenance department has taken care of it. I am glad that overall you found the hotel to be comfortable and your needs met and that you will be returning. Thanks again for giving me the heads up on a potential problem.

Buckeystown, Maryland
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the New Years holiday... What an incredible time... The staff and manager was outstanding.. The room was GREAT and the view of the boardwalk and ocean view was breathtaking ... What a beautiful place!!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jodi L
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review even though it has been a few months since you have stayed with us. We welcome reviews at any time. Great to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating and you enjoyed the great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Thank you for making us part of your New Year’s holiday. Hope to see you back soon.

Glen Burnie
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at the Paradise Plaza the weekend of St. Patrick's Day. Our group occupied 26 rooms and everyone was extremely pleased with their rooms The hotel is very clean, rooms are very roomy and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The bottled water and robes in the room are a great touch. Our group will be staying there again for the Sunfest in September.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen H
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
We received another kind review from one of your group members. Let me reiterate what a great group of people you are. We wish that all of our groups were as easy to please as yours. You all were no problem and most easy going. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the amenities and services that both the hotel and the TAPHOUSE had to offer. As always, we look forward to your return this fall and next St. Patty’s Day weekend!

Harrington
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed at the Paradise Plaza during the St. Patricks Day parade. It was great! In walking distance to everything on the Boardwalk! Rooms were very nice and roomy. I booked again for Bike Week in September and am looking forward to my stay.

Room Tip: For more than one couple, the Doplhin Suite is great!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn K
Thank you for your business. I must admit, the St. Patty’s Day weekend was quite the success with lots of happy people. Glad you enjoyed the location and hotel itself and are thrilled that you booked a return visit for Bike Week. We are very fortunate to have the repeat customer base like you that we have. Thanks!